Is Omar Kelley Right?

Warm up the excuse machines!

Fans caused recruiting failures. Not Golden sucking ***

Advertisement
Don't get Omar. He was and has been very critical of Coach Golden. Maybe he realizes that he will be our coach for 1 more year and we should back off?

laugh at this being the reason the class sucks. 6-7, playing a boring style of football is the reason the class sucks.

Of course it's not the reason the class sucks. The class sucks because the product sucks.

But why help other schools recruit our prospects? These are the guys who are going to be playing against our next coach. All you're doing is giving Blake James a reason to say "Jordan Scarlett decommitted because UM fans told him he was walking into a dumpster fire." He's already used that excuse for other recruits we've lost.

I hope Golden pulls miracles from here to the first week of February. We already know what's going to happen once the games start.

2015 is a lost cause IMO, I wanna save 2016.
Question tho D, what players can Goldie get that will shape up a miracle come signing day? Everyone we have been recruiting has committed elsewhere, and it looks like our top recruits are Canes no matter how it gets --> Patchan, Walton, Milo, and Johnson.
I think we should keep the pressure on till Goldie walks away.

So...., it was wrong for UM to lie about the state of the program by not disclosing the Shapiro situation to Golden, but we should collectively lie to recruits about the current state of the program with this inflexible moron in charge? I think we are morally obligated to make as much noise as possible. It is up to the administration to do the right thing.

Advertisement
You can't pause a war.

Wars are fought with strategy.

If the recruiting class gets ****ed up, it won't get us much closer to accomplishing our immediate goal (a new coach). But it will get us much further from our ultimate goal (a national championship). I'm sure Gator fans are glad that Ron Zook salvaged his classes.

Don't let up on Golden, Blake and everybody else. I hope Blake and Donna's emails crash every day due to angry fans. But trying to **** up the recruiting class is short-sighted and idiotic.
The strategy is to embarrass and humiliate UM until they have no choice but to pull the plug. You don't do that by sending emails that they just delete.

And I'm not into trying to dupe a bunch of kids into thinking all is well at UM just so we can stockpile more talent that Folden will waste.

If UM wants to stop the bleeding then the answer is a simple one. Until then, we need to do everything we can as fans to expose this inept **** show.

Ufayg fans were merciless on Zook and Muscrap. The only reason they didn't suffer is because Foley was astute enough to listen and act quickly. Zook got 3 years, and Muscrap got 4.

Trust that if ufayg didn't listen to its fans and just kept spitting in their faces like UM is doing it would have gotten uglier there than it is here because their fan base wants results and isn't about dumb excuses.

I agree with D$ view.

Take your anger out on the school and athletic department. Not on the kids, you're just hurting our team.

I still want our team to get the most talent as possible at the end of the day.

I don't understand this post.

Those that have the same view I do (hope we fail miserably at recruiting) aren't taking it out on the kids...quite the opposite. I'm stating it's in ANY kids best interest NOT to be involved with this program right now. It's a dumpster fire.

Kids only get 4 years max of on-the-field eligibility. The good ones only stay 3. You're asking a kid sacrifice 25% to 33% of their college careers in return for "hoping" the administration fires a coach that SHOULD have been fired last year, NEXT year.

Asinine. I think you guys need to re-think your stance.

Messaging recruits is over the top imo. Everything else is on golden. Ultimately he created all this bs. He and the admins.

Also a lot of hypocrites out there...people who crowned this guy before he did anything and agreed with the decision to extend this fool. Prolly the same over the top people who are making these silly calls to recruits.

You reap what you sow.

Advertisement
whats the buzz around the kids before and after we started bombing Twitter and everything, was it that much better before? Just asking a serious question D$

I agree with D$ view.

Take your anger out on the school and athletic department. Not on the kids, you're just hurting our team.

Those that have the same view I do (hope we fail miserably at recruiting) aren't taking it out on the kids...quite the opposite. I'm stating it's in ANY kids best interest NOT to be involved with this program right now. It's a dumpster fire.

Kids only get 4 years max of on-the-field eligibility. The good ones only stay 3. You're asking a kid sacrifice 25% to 33% of their college careers in return for "hoping" the administration fires a coach that SHOULD have been fired last year, NEXT year.

No. Golden is the " dumpster fire". That doesn't mean the program has to suffer In the future. Still need good players so the new guy can come in, take the talent at hand and add to it and make something out of this.

Golden will do himself in. His incompetence will do him in regardless of what players are on the roster. He's that bad.

So...., it was wrong for UM to lie about the state of the program by not disclosing the Shapiro situation to Golden, but we should collectively lie to recruits about the current state of the program with this inflexible moron in charge? I think we are morally obligated to make as much noise as possible. It is up to the administration to do the right thing.

Reasonable point. However it is understood that if a coach doesn't perform, their is a good chance he gets fired. Coach Golden's track record is their for all to see and make an informed decision. No one has to lie, just tone down the bashing a little. Give him room to sell the things that can't get fired, the tradition, the city, the education.

Until mid-Feb

Advertisement
Keep the fight going. Stopping it now is exactly what the administration wants... They are hoping that in a couple of weeks all of this will die down and they will get away scott free with this level of incompetence.

These f00ls like Omar and friends are playing right into their hands.

I agree with D$ view.

Yeah. They've got it completely *** backward. They're the ones trying to hoodwink kids into wasting their valuable careers playing for Folden.

Advertisement
Mods we're just looking out for the kids best interest.. If my son was a 4/5* recruit there is no way in **** I'll send him to Miami under Golden and that hurts to say that...

BINGO

I agree with D$ view.

Yeah. They've got it completely *** backward. They're the ones trying to hoodwink kids into wasting their valuable careers playing for Folden.
It seems pretty clear coach Golden is on his last leg. Either he rights the ship or he is gone. Their career won't be wasted.

I agree with D$ view.

It seems pretty clear coach Golden is on his last leg. Either he rights the ship or he is gone. Their career won't be wasted.

LMFAO.

You're talking about the worst administration and set of decision makers in the country. At any respectable program he never would have received that extension and he would have been fired a while ago.

If that piece of worthless **** wins 7 or 8 games next year what's to stop that same set of decision makers from yelling the "improvement" designation and give that ******* more time?

Sorry...you either don't have kids or aren't very intelligent. If that was YOUR kid...no way you let him go to Miami UNTIL the changes are formally announced.

There's no bigger Canes fan on the planet than myself. If my kid was of age right now, and was good enough to be courted by them, I'd take the opportunity to tell Golden face to face what a piece of **** he is and forbid him from talking to my son.

Keep putting your faith in that clueless administration. Sorry...but I've seen enough.

Advertisement
Back