Is Omar Kelley Right?

I think we've done enough damage that's it's even irreversible so might aswell go through with it.

Maybe. But lets give Butch.....oops, I mean coach Golden a fighting chance. Do it for OUR future.

Until mid-Feb.

That's where the bus stops for me. I don't even want Golden crossing the Florida border. I hate how we don't have quality DT's and LB's. Nobody wants to come and play for them.

Advertisement
If anyone is coming here, I don't believe it's because of Golden, so it doesn't matter.

But honestly, I gotta question anyone who wants to go to Miami at this point. With nothing changing, clearly the program is going nowhere. So by going to Miami, you're saying you don't care about winning, and a lot of other things, but winning first and foremost. So why would I care if THAT kind of kid is scared off from coming here? Those kinds shouldn't be here anyway. I don't believe in bringing in athletes for the sake of bringing in athletes, I want competitors, and competitors shouldn't want to be here.

I go back and forth on the opinion that Omar Kelly is talking about. The better Al does in recruiting this year the better the program will be once he's gone. That said, there is simply too much negative energy within the program for the fans to matter IMO. The dozen kids who've already decommitted, the dozen kids who are looking to transfer, the coaching staff's inability to put its defense in a position to win, etc... Im just not sure what the fans can do that golden hasn't already done to himself.

Last edited:
If anyone is coming here, I don't believe it's because of Golden, so it doesn't matter.

But honestly, I gotta question anyone who wants to go to Miami at this point. With nothing changing, clearly the program is going nowhere. So by going to Miami, you're saying you don't care about winning, and a lot of other things, but winning first and foremost. So why would I care if THAT kind of kid is scared off from coming here? Those kinds shouldn't be here anyway. I don't believe in bringing in athletes for the sake of bringing in athletes, I want competitors, and competitors shouldn't want to be here.
Maybe some kids love the U as much as we do.

just until mid-Feb.

Advertisement
Nonsense... ***** him

If we let up now, we play right into the troll's and Flake's hands.

They are just holding on to the hope that the anger will blow over and fans will give up and move on!!

100%

6-7, horrid scheme on defense, incompetence on offense, terrible position coaches, and excuse maker but it's the fans keeping recruits away.

Omar Kelly couldn't get laid at an AA meeting with a keg over his shoulder.

Should we have a cease fire until after signing day? Assuming Al is still here after Monday(I'm looking a you Geo), we might need to let him get the best players he can for the next coach. There is already a lot of bad press out there already, but Al is one of the grimiest used car salesman out there, so he might be able to overcome that. But if we keep piling on, the next coach might be further behind the 8-ball than he needs to be. And we might suck longer than we need to. So far the sake of Butch:encouragement: maybe we should cut our great coach, Mr. Al Golden some slack.

Until after mid-February, then its Armageddon.

Again with this insipid argument.

Somehow, if we powerless fans just get off their case, then the recruits will magically reappear and sign. I guess the last four years of ineptitude and mediocrity count for nothing in recruits' eyes.

So, if we the fans actually have all that power, let them rehire Butch and, as the vitriol is reversed to high praising Hosannas, the recruits will come back, right?

As for myself, I do PLEDGE to praise Butch if he is immediately rehired.

**** The Board Of Garbage, Omar, The Troll, Flake, Goldie and all their minions.

Advertisement
I go back and forth on the opinion that Omar Kelly is talking about. The better Al does in recruiting this year the better the program will be once he's gone. That said, there is simply too much negative energy within the program for the fans to matter IMO. The dozen kids who've already recommitted, the dozen kids who are looking to transfer, the coaching staff's inability to put its defense in a position to win, etc... Im just not sure what the fans can do that golden hasn't already done to himself.

Even if we wanted to declare a "cease fire" and turn the spigot off, it simply is not possible. There is no such thing as a group think off switch. We have past the point of there being a critical mass of opinion, and there really isn't any going back.

I go back and forth on the opinion that Omar Kelly is talking about. The better Al does in recruiting this year the better the program will be once he's gone. That said, there is simply too much negative energy within the program for the fans to matter IMO. The dozen kids who've already recommitted, the dozen kids who are looking to transfer, the coaching staff's inability to put its defense in a position to win, etc... Im just not sure what the fans can do that golden hasn't already done to himself.

Even if we wanted to declare a "cease fire" and turn the spigot off, it simply is not possible. There is no such thing as a group think off switch. We have past the point of there being a critical mass of opinion, and there really isn't any going back.

Agreed. After 2013, I thought 2014 was supposed to be the year that golden turned it around. He should have been fired after the Pitt game, plain and simple.

Should we have a cease fire until after signing day? Assuming Al is still here after Monday(I'm looking a you Geo), we might need to let him get the best players he can for the next coach. There is already a lot of bad press out there already, but Al is one of the grimiest used car salesman out there, so he might be able to overcome that. But if we keep piling on, the next coach might be further behind the 8-ball than he needs to be. And we might suck longer than we need to. So far the sake of Butch:encouragement: maybe we should cut our great coach, Mr. Al Golden some slack.

Until after mid-February, then its Armageddon.
I agree with your point but Al is basically a hard working loyal honest man who probably is above the 80's/90s Miami coaches in the character dept. That's part of his undoing. He needed to fire friends and he didn't

Advertisement

At the time I enjoyed the banners, basketball stuff and talk of billboards as much as the next guy, but those very public things could really hurt. Especially if picked up by the general public. I know its hard to curtail the comments on the boards, but the more reasonable among us can at least try. There will always be those who just don't get it. Those that can't see the big picture. Yeah, we can say "its too late, oh well" or we can at least try. What is done is done. But as for myself, I will let coach Golden try to earn those extra years on his contract by pulling a rabbit out his hat with this recruiting class. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Until mid-Feb.

Advertisement
**** that. Golden holds the players and any hope they have of furthering their career hostage, he holds the assistants hostage while they're on staff, the BOT hostage with his ridiculous contract, the local media hostage by restricting access, the students hostage by taking away signs.

So, now the fans are gonna be held hostage and silenced out of fear? **** that.

There was already a thread discussing this. Kelly is a jackass and a hypocrite. He's been trashing Golden and D'Onofrio on his radio show for 4 years. He has zero credibility on this issue. Furthermore, it is not our job as fans to fix the problem but you can be **** sure it is our right to talk about it when the problem is this obvious.

**** that. Golden holds the players and any hope they have of furthering their career hostage, he holds the assistants hostage while they're on staff, the BOT hostage with his ridiculous contract, the local media hostage by restricting access, the students hostage by taking away signs.

So, now the fans are gonna be held hostage and silenced out of fear? **** that.

just until mid-Feb.

There was already a thread discussing this. Kelly is a jackass and a hypocrite. He's been trashing Golden and D'Onofrio on his radio show for 4 years. He has zero credibility on this issue. Furthermore, it is not our job as fans to fix the problem but you can be **** sure it is our right to talk about it when the problem is this obvious.
So have I on the boards. I will still criticize, but will tone it down until mid-Feb.

Advertisement
Back