Is Kam untouchable?

Toxic fanbase does toxic nonsense. Only in this dumbass group does a guy like Kam get **** on. Sean Taylor, Ed Reed and Bennie Blades messed up on occasion, but let's pretend that they never made a bad play. Kam gambles, that's what guys that have that belief in themselves do, because they believe that they can always make the play that is the difference. Sometimes, it doesn't work out. Here's an idea, how about we stop pretending that a **** safety is the reason why we lost the GT game or FSU games. You want to blame a safety, blame James Williams, dude took a terrible angle on the Benson run, and got caught flat footed. Benson isn't a burner, as long as you are moving and taking proper angles, that TD run doesn't happen. Maybe Miami holds them to a FG there, it's a different game late.

"He only gets picks" Mozart only played the **** piano, what's your point?
First of all Kam doesn’t belong anywhere near Reed and ST’s names.
The FSU RPO which turned the game in the 2nd half wasn’t a gamble, it was him being over aggressive and a poor read. He’s been on tape doing that, why do you think they called that?
The UNC play wasn’t a gamble. Guidry said Kam read it poorly and they repped it out over and over again because they UNC loves the deep crossers.
The GT play wasn’t a gamble. It was one of the dumbest plays you could possibly make especially considering the context of the game.
Sorry man, if you’re an All American and the leader on D you simply can’t let your team down repeatedly in huge spots.
You’ve been holding onto that Mozart saying and you blew it 😂. It literally makes no sense in this context.

Advertisement
I’d add 51 to this list. He’s the best downhill LB we’ve had in a long long time.
This is what I love with Guidry

Going way back to the summer he talked about how he still needed to figure out what his guys do best

Kiko had some rough spots earlier in the year but Guidry has made some adjustments and this dude is just eating

Only a redshirt sophomore I think, so hopefully we see a lot more of him

First of all Kam doesn’t belong anywhere near Reed and ST’s names.
The FSU RPO which turned the game in the 2nd half wasn’t a gamble, it was him being over aggressive and a poor read. He’s been on tape doing that, why do you think they called that?
The UNC play wasn’t a gamble. Guidry said Kam read it poorly and they repped it out over and over again because they UNC loves the deep crossers.
The GT play wasn’t a gamble. It was one of the dumbest plays you could possibly make especially considering the context of the game.
Sorry man, if you’re an All American and the leader on D you simply can’t let your team down repeatedly in huge spots.
You’ve been holding onto that Mozart saying and you blew it 😂. It literally makes no sense in this context.
People only slob over Kam because he’s a south Florida guy and had 3 picks last year against Georgia Tech lol. Dude is overrated.

Dude was only an All-American because he got three ducks thrown to him in the GT game last year.

Advertisement
He shows flashes of a 1st round type but then disappears or makes mistakes too often

I imagine with the good and bad tape, plus some injuries he’ll land in the 3-4 round range.

He prob will show to be a little limited on the size (5-10.5 to 5-11) and speed (4.55- 4.6) testing as well

Ideally he comes back, cleans up the mistakes, and goes 1st round after another season

Lol we magnify our players flaws

Kam far from perfect and has given up way too many big plays

But lose playing time? What am I reading

It’s that time of the year with only a few games left and nothing to play for that some of the younger guys should be getting a couple more snaps a game. Maybe 10-15 max.

Advertisement
We've had this discussion before. One of my favorite players, and definitely was a top ehhh 20 safety last year but I never understood the All American award.

This year he is definitely the same.... I probably wouldn't trade 10-15 safeties for him. Down to down this kid's is pretty good. But the mistakes are still glaring, his mistakes are big plays.

It’s that time of the year with only a few games left and nothing to play for that some of the younger guys should be getting a couple more snaps a game. Maybe 10-15 max.
Still alot to play for imo..We need to win these last two, 6-6 is a failure

Advertisement
-Bit on the GT game winner.
-Misplayed huge Dez TD against UNC.
-Bit hard on the RPO against FSU that changed momentum in the second half.

He’s a good player but man these mistakes have been massive game changers. For all the **** that Williams has taken take in the past, Kam deserves a lot of criticism. Especially in a defense that’s so aggressive and relies on its back in to be where they need to be.
Imagine our backend without him though. WOOOOOOOF.

Cam is still rated the best safety prospect as recently as last week lol

Really will come down to scheme fit for who gets to be the first one taken. I don’t think there is any safety whos worth a 1st rounder this year, but 3-4 guys who are early to mid 2nd rounders.

He shows flashes of a 1st round type but then disappears or makes mistakes too often

I imagine with the good and bad tape, plus some injuries he’ll land in the 3-4 round range.

He prob will show to be a little limited on the size (5-10.5 to 5-11) and speed (4.55- 4.6) testing as well

Ideally he comes back, cleans up the mistakes, and goes 1st round after another season

Zero safeties in the first round in 2023.
2022 two 1st rounders his size ran 4.35-4.4 and Kyle Hamilton is 6'4 220 running 4.6.
Zero safeties in the first round in 2021.
Zero safeties in the first round in 2020.
3 safeties in 4 years.

Two in 2019 and both ran 4.35-4.45.

Unless Kam finds a 5th gear, he is not likely to be a 1st rounder especially when you combine it with the film. Returning likely gets him from day 3 to day 2 assuming he continues to improve. Some will say he hasn't improved but they need to go back to 2022 film and watch it again. I recall 3 bad plays this year and 3 from MTSU alone.

Advertisement
To us but, 5-7 to 8-4 and the perception is different. What are u selling to recruits after going 5-7 to 6-6

Don’t disagree with you. I just don’t think Miami gets to 8 wins which is unfortunate.

Advertisement
Back