Is Kam untouchable?

Don’t disagree with you. I just don’t think Miami gets to 8 wins which is unfortunate.
8 wins with the worst looking loss being NCSt.

Compared to this:

IMG_4591.jpeg

Advertisement
Year after year this board shows that there's a wide misunderstanding of what a high draft pick looks like.

2 things can be true at once. Kam Kinchens is a pretty **** good safety. Kam Kinchens is not getting drafted terribly high if he leaves right now.

As it stands Kam is at best looking at the 4th round. He had great numbers last season, but outside of the interceptions LAST season, you're not going to see film of a guy who is making impact plays series in and out. That's what gets you drafted combined with irresistible measurables.

He should come back to show the kind of discipline that will increase his draft stock

He's not untouchable and his draft stock/projections reflect his mediocre/streaky play this year.

Was widely considered the top safety and 1st rounder before the season by most publications/writers and now most are projecting 2nd or 3rd.
Do you realize how good a player is when his projection is the 2nd or 3rd Round? Those rounds are where championship teams are built and NFL Teams love ball hawks.

Advertisement
In my opinion, very few players, if any, are untouchable on a team that's likely going to finish 7-5.
Never seen a team, were the studs crash and burn more than this one. TVD, Kinchen's, Williams, Mesidor (always hurt), Kelly, Parrish, always out. Just absolutely mistakes, in every game.

Too much bad tape, the head injury, now he’ll probably be banged up again with his ankle or foot from Saturday.

If anyone advises him to leave he should know better and know they’re BSing him. There’s probably at least 4 TDs in the last 2 years on film that are strictly because he tried to jump the route or whiffed. That’s the last thing the NFL wants in their safety play.

Ballhawks/center field safeties are becoming less and less critical with the way offenses are designed nowadays. Safety play is almost entirely about being able to tackle in space and being able to cover 1v1. He can definitely tackle. But coverage ability is in question and the continuous big plays allowed make you really concerned.
Hie’s been banged up for weeks and has been playing on that ankle. I get pm’s every week with people freaking about him walking around in a boot.

I love KK but he‘s become a feast or famine player the last two years. Which shows you how bogus awards are after the season. He’s given up half a dozen big plays minimum playing for picks. Oc’s know’s he watches film and does class room work. But they watch film too. They use his aggression against him. He needs to come back but you know how this normally goes at Miami. They can never think of the bigger picture. Tbh I’m not sure he’ll be able to handle the physicality at the next level. He has trouble at the college level with that.

Last edited:
Looked to me like he was trying to jump the outside receivers in breaking route leaving that huge void in the middle. If Travis threw it outside it’s probably a pick. He gambled again and exposed the defense. You don’t get 10 picks without taking some chance but I personally believe his risk taking is too much.
Looked that way to me too> Then on Benson big run, Williams looked like a spinning top, let's not forget the Williams chest bump, on the NC State RB: Defense is good, but the safeties keep it from being great.

Advertisement
His been banged up for weeks and has been playing on that ankle. I get pm’s every week with people freaking about him walking around in a boot.

I love KK but he‘s become a feast or famine player the last two years. Which shows you how bogus awards are after the season. He’s given up half a dozen big plays minimum playing for picks. Oc’s know’s he watches film and does class room work. But they watch film too. They use his aggression against him. He needs to come back but you know how this normally goes at Miami. They can never think of the bigger picture. Tbh I’m not sure he’ll be able to handle the physicality at the next level. He has trouble at the college level with that.
The RPO in the FSU game has was a perfect example of that. Should’ve been a 10 yard gain but he saw them repeatedly throw the screen and only had one variation off of it - a wheel route. He overcommitted and even if they threw the screen his angle was flat and terrible. Instead they popped a simple slant for 60 for a big mo swing

The scary part of our defense is how much better it will be next season if we can get a few guys back. TrumpyCane read everywhere Guidry has been the defense makes an improvement his 2nd season

Advertisement
Yall really type the 1st thought in yalls emotions and it shows. Both James and Kam need to come back and as long as Guidry stays they will and they'll get better in year 2 of his tutelage.

There is no need for us to even fathom moving on from either player.

If our offense averaged at least 35 a game this wouldn't even be a thread. Yall are nitpicking tf outta the defense and it's lame af.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back