Is Cook a better prospect than Duke?

Advertisement
I love Duke but does nobody feel he is slightly overrated ? I'm trying to think of one BIG game where he showed out, not against teams the soft acc teams

Yea had almost 1,000 yards with 4 games to go he would of easily had 1300 yards probably more considering we put up alot of points and yards without him against Duke,UVA and Pitt.. He had 97 yards rushing threw 3 quarters against FSU he would easily had over 115 to 120 yards if he didn't get hurt.. And not even including the bs penalty on us on his KR TD against USF.. He's also a top 5 KR in yards and per return in the nation but other than that he's overrated.. lol you guys kill me

I love Duke but does nobody feel he is slightly overrated ? I'm trying to think of one BIG game where he showed out, not against teams the soft acc teams

I can't think of one game cook played at the collegiate level.. Smh

From reading all the articles on both Duke and Cook, I thought Cook was a much superior athlete as well. However after I checked their results from the Opening which is a good comparison of what type of athlete they were at the same age, this is what I found: Cook is bigger and taller but Duke is the better athlete. Yearby’s measurable are identical to Duke but he is not quite the athlete.
126.jpg

It's pretty clear Cook is the better athlete going by this. I mean, 16 lbs heavier and only .04 behind in 40 time and .08 in shuttle is not a big difference.

I still maintain that at the same point in their careers, Duke is/was the better RB, while Dalvin might have more potential due to being bigger and close to the same speed.

Oh, and Berrios' SPARQ rating is ridiculous lol

The reverse could be said for Duke that his powerball rating was the same while being 16 pounds smaller. giving him the pound for pound edge.

Advertisement
Duke is good but Cook is AP........u aint catching him n his body can take hits unlike duke. More of an NFL back.

How the fug is cook ap? Cook hasn't done ish in college and didn't ap have injuries while at OU?

He has that type of talent, just watch the film. Stats mean **** I mean look at J12 second most tds. Let ur eyeballs do the test not ur heart. Cook is better by a big marginIMO

No chance imo. Cook is a better defensive prospect, but Duke is the more complete back.

Duke is good but Cook is AP........u aint catching him n his body can take hits unlike duke. More of an NFL back.

How the fug is cook ap? Cook hasn't done ish in college and didn't ap have injuries while at OU?

He has that type of talent, just watch the film. Stats mean **** I mean look at J12 second most tds. Let ur eyeballs do the test not ur heart. Cook is better by a big marginIMO

Watch the film? You trying to tell me Dukes film isn't as good as Cook? Are you ******* kidding me?

Some of you guys have massive ADD problems.

Advertisement
I feel yal. Thats why i said slightly...cuz yal talk about him like hes untouchable...i guess im just surprised to see many say Duke is better, even though Cook is bigger and just as fast, and has shared a backfield with d1 back yearby no slouch...i watched every game this season and last season I know what Duke has done. He's nasty. But if cook had his own backfield what would he have done ? Developed more as a rb, etc . Has the opportunity to do that under college coaching ..lets just see

1st of all were talking about better prospect out of HS cause Cook has yet to take a snap in college.. ive seen film on both and duke is the better prospect @ the running back position.. if im a coach and have a choice between a player that has better field vision and cutting ability because both are fast, cook being a bit faster.. size ? [video=youtube;__LC1BbXswo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__LC1BbXswo[/video] some of you talking about Cook like hes already done sheet in college..

so Cook is just a better Lamar Miller?

I'm having trouble answering this question... Lol..

When you say "just" it kinda throws me off. Miller was a beast in high school and even though he was underrated here and played on some mediocre teams he was really good here too.. Starting back in nfl... Oh and yea, I would say cook is better than miller too, lol..

Advertisement
I think porsters are exaggerating the differences between any combination of Cook, Yearby and Duke. To me, Duke was more of a complete back coming out of Norland. I think that is in large measure because he had to do so many things whereas Yearby and Cook split duties.

I think Yearby has + feet and vision. I often say its like that cat has eyes in the back of his head. But with Cook, he has freakish speed and acceleration with a slightly larger frame.

Duke is fast. Yearby is fast. Cook can cut and move laterally (I already cited the Dwyer play previously). There are plays were Duke isn't getting caught from behind. Likewise with Yearby. But when you watch Dalvin's type, you can't help but notice that he not only never gets caught from behind, he pulls away from dudes. He simply has that elite speed and acceleration that all coaches and fans drool over. I really do see him in the McGahee mold. Willis was rocked up but it only took a couple inches of daylight and he was going to ruin someone's Saturday.

That kind of homerun threat doesn't come around often....although it does seem to happen more frequently in South Florida.

Advertisement
cook will be more durable than Duke. duke is a freak but not a consistent between the tackles guy.

This stuff blows my mind. Duke is great between the tackles, runs extremely hard. Where does this idea come from?

Agreed. We used Duke mostly between the tackles this year and he was one of the best in the country with yards after contact. I think our OL struggles on 3rd and 4th and short so all of our backs look bad on those plays and people take that as Duke being bad between the tackles. To me on short yardage its more about your OL than your RBs and our guys don't consistently win those battles.

cook will be more durable than Duke. duke is a freak but not a consistent between the tackles guy.

This stuff blows my mind. Duke is great between the tackles, runs extremely hard. Where does this idea come from?

It comes from nowhere.

I swear some of these people have no memory at all. Duke is a forgotten man because he missed part of the season. His vision and between the tackles running is what ******* separates him from more athletic running backs.

I wish I could go back and relive the moments on this board after Dukes senior highlights were posted.

just ignore it, because when people post stuff like that you know they aren't paying attention at all. Funniest thing is, I love the kid, but it's not like Dalvin makes a living running between the tackles haha.

From reading all the articles on both Duke and Cook, I thought Cook was a much superior athlete as well. However after I checked their results from the Opening which is a good comparison of what type of athlete they were at the same age, this is what I found: Cook is bigger and taller but Duke is the better athlete. Yearby’s measurable are identical to Duke but he is not quite the athlete.
126.jpg

Just **** on the "Cook is the better athlete argument".

Advertisement
Back