Is Cook a better prospect than Duke?

I love Duke but does nobody feel he is slightly overrated ? I'm trying to think of one BIG game where he showed out, not against teams the soft acc teams

He was balling to the tune of almost 100 yards in 1 quarter against FSU this year until the injury.
If he doesn't get hurt that would have been a completely different game.
FSU couldn't stop Duke.

Advertisement
I love Duke but does nobody feel he is slightly overrated ? I'm trying to think of one BIG game where he showed out, not against teams the soft acc teams

Yea had almost 1,000 yards with 4 games to go he would of easily had 1300 yards probably more considering we put up alot of points and yards without him against Duke,UVA and Pitt.. He had 97 yards rushing threw 3 quarters against FSU he would easily had over 115 to 120 yards if he didn't get hurt.. And not even including the bs penalty on us on his KR TD against USF.. He's also a top 5 KR in yards and per return in the nation but other than that he's overrated.. lol you guys kill me

Through 3 quarters?
I thought he got hurt early 2nd quarter.

Duke is good but Cook is AP........u aint catching him n his body can take hits unlike duke. More of an NFL back.

How the fug is cook ap? Cook hasn't done ish in college and didn't ap have injuries while at OU?

He has that type of talent, just watch the film. Stats mean **** I mean look at J12 second most tds. Let ur eyeballs do the test not ur heart. Cook is better by a big marginIMO

Watch the film? You trying to tell me Dukes film isn't as good as Cook? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Some of you guys have massive ADD problems.

Duke's high school film was the best I've ever seen. Looked like a video game.
The greatest thing about Duke is that we see the same player in college as we did in high school.
The anti Charlie Jones.

People forget how good Duke was on D. Cook can't live up to the expectations Pete and some have set.

Dukes film is awesome cuz of his style dude is ajoystick like dante hall,but cook is hester. That stop n go Duke has makes average dudues look stupid on an island but goods dont leave defenders on island. Cook can outrun any lb fsu has n there dbs, icant say that about duke. Weneed cook with jy n dj.

Advertisement
cook will be more durable than Duke. duke is a freak but not a consistent between the tackles guy.

This stuff blows my mind. Duke is great between the tackles, runs extremely hard. Where does this idea come from?

It comes from nowhere.

I swear some of these people have no memory at all. Duke is a forgotten man because he missed part of the season. His vision and between the tackles running is what ******* separates him from more athletic running backs.

I wish I could go back and relive the moments on this board after Dukes senior highlights were posted.

Disregard that guy. He's clueless

I think duke will be better back simply because he's got crazy vision and patience. Cook has little bit of the two, but little more Lamar miller top end speed. I think the vision and patience is much more important though. Cook will be a star though don't get me wrong as will yearby. Cook looks great today.

322.gif

Advertisement
I think duke will be better back simply because he's got crazy vision and patience. Cook has little bit of the two, but little more Lamar miller top end speed. I think the vision and patience is much more important though. Cook will be a star though don't get me wrong as will yearby. Cook looks great today.

Cook turns Duke's 25-40 yarders into house calls

When Cook would be stopped for a two yard gain, Duke turns it into 7, 9, or 12

Cook doesn't get caught on this. Then again, last years Duke doesn't either.

[video=youtube;wOUPcSBF3DA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOUPcSBF3DA[/video]

Perfectly said.

Advertisement

Duke needs to drop that extra weight.

+1

I don't think it's benefited him at all. He had a really nice balance of power, pace and agility as a Freshman. He lost some of that pace and agility for a negligible increase in power (and a change in mindset to seek out contact) as a Sophmore.

Get him back to being a playmaker and use someone like Gus to pound the rock.

Duke is playing against college men not high school boys now.
High school boys could not run down Duke either.
Pretty sure Cook will get run down in college some.

Advertisement

its funny people keep bringing this up duke was a workhorse this game and it looks like he tries to stride to the endzone.

Put me in the category that was ****ed off at how foolishly coach Coley was allowed to abuse Duke Johnson this year. Just some stupid **** IMO; giving the kid four consecutive carries on more than one occasion, etc...

Also, if Duke Johnson wants to be a successful NFL running back he needs to learn the definition of the word discretion. Ive seen him take serious hits for no **** reason. Toughness without intelligence is meaningless.

Last edited:

Perfectly said.

It really was

Put me in the category that was ****ed off at how foolishly coach Coley was allowed to abuse Duke Johnson this year. Just some stupid **** IMO; giving the kid four consecutive carries on more than one occasion, etc...

This is why I disagree with the people who say "We're good with Yearby and Powell." This team is dying for a 200-pound back that can take some of the pressure off Duke.

Collins would have been the guy this year. Next year, I hope its Cook or Sony.

Advertisement
Back