Is Cook a better prospect than Duke?

Advertisement
Negative.

No doubt Cook is an elite talent, but coming out Duke IMO was a touch different...in that "special" category.

Advertisement
Better Football Player? No.. But more potential and better measureables absolutely.. This kid has Devin Hester written all over him.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Cook has better measurables and maybe a higher ceiling. Duke looks like a better RB at the same point.

tough to say. it is close

Advertisement
As an athlete, Cook is in a class unto himself. Just a phenomenal athlete. Acceleration, straight-line speed, cutting ability, etc. There is more to football than that but for a RB prospect, you couldn't carve out a better looking athlete.

There was a play in the Dwyer game where there was seemingly nothing there. Then Cook made a cut and burst through a hole for 6; very much reminded me of Willie Mac. That play is burned into my mind. Just a special player.

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Elite prospects but Duke is by far the better rb, not the better physically gifted athlete though

Duke is the best HS RB I've seen since Frank Gore. Cook is a great player and phenomenal athlete, but Duke was the better football player/prospect.

Advertisement
Just barely below Duke for me.

Duke has better vision and cutting ability. There's that sixth sense people talk about with backs - feeling the flow of defenders in traffic, and being able to anticipate a couple moves ahead. Duke has that. He's a natural in that regard. He's so elite at using his blockers and ******* with a defense, always being one step ahead and creating creases for himself that aren't even there. He's got a grace and smoothness to his game.

Cook looks like someone built him in a lab. He's not as pure of a runner to me, and isn't as elusive in traffic. But he has size and speed that not many do - he has ELITE home run speed. He's a freight train tied to a rocket ship. He's like a greyhound in the starting gate of a race, he just wants to flip the switch and go 100 mph. He doesn't have the fluidity to his running game that Duke does, which is fine, because he'll just blast through the smallest of creases and leave everyone in his wake.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I believe cook can be Percy Harvin type for us maybe even Devin hester although coker failed utilizing hester on offense terribly imo

Cook is a phenomenal athlete that blows your mind but Duke is the better rb so I put that more in whos the better prospect of the 2

Cook is bigger and this will cause him to be more durable. He is also faster then Duke, yet runs just as hard, thus causing him to be able to break more tackles due to his size.

That being said….As of now, Duke a better RB and Cook is a better prospect, but give Cook another year or 2 and he will be the best RB in the nation.

Advertisement
Back