Is 10-2 a successful season with loss to UF and FSU.

Advertisement
Hypothetically. If we were to beat UF & FSU but lose to UVA, GT & UNC, would you consider that a successful season?
Nope. Do you realize how bad UNC gonna be this year. Mack Brown can't turn that around in 1 season.
GT and UNC at home, 58 straight the standard.

This is such a dumb hypothetical. It would never happen. If we loose to UF and FSU, we will for sure have lost a couple other games we should have won, its what we do.

Advertisement
This is easy. Yes if we win the coastal and play Clemson tough. Is it about getting to championship games or beating rivals?
Obviously I hate uf and FSU but look at the bigger picture.
Best reply I read so far on this thread. Moreover ten wins and an ACC championship appearance has got to be satisfactory for fans in manny Diaz first year.

Advertisement
Of course it's a successful season. The blind homer masses who somehow think this team is title contender caliber might disagree, but 10-2 no matter how you slice it is successful considering where we are as a program. Don't forget the piles and piles of coastal titles we have amassed over the years...
Would much rather the 2 come against literally anybody else on the schedule though.
And no, 10-2 gives us 0% chance at the playoffs.

No reason we should win less than 10 game

Not a chance I would take it. We shouldn’t lose more than two games. Swap a Pitt loss for one of the Florida and I’d take it
How many times did we think we were a 10 win team in the last 15 years before the season started? We always talk about how easy the schedule is, only to drop games we shouldn't.

Advertisement
Is a 10-2 record a successful season with losses to UF and FSU. Moreover do you still have a shot at the playoffs with these results?

Advertisement
It would be if we beat Clemson in the ACC Championship game which we would be guaranteed to be in if the scenario you proposed happen.

Advertisement
Back