Is 10-2 a successful season with loss to UF and FSU.

Advertisement
No shot at the playoffs even with a win against Clemson in ACC ship. Losing to both rivals and not having anything but an ACC banner isnt success IMO.

Advertisement
Is a 10-2 record a successful season with losses to UF and FSU. Moreover do you still have a shot at the playoffs with these results?

No shot at playoffs unless you win the ACC.

Yes it’s successful if we win the coastal and play in the ACC championship game. The main goal is winning the coastal and playing in the conference championship however we get there. We won’t ever get recruits if we aren’t playing in the conf championship yearly.

If we win coastal and somehow DESTROY Clemson AND UF is a top 8 or something team AND there is other chaos... we might have a shot. Maybe. There's always arguments about 2 loss teams with waaay stronger schedules though, so I really don't think we would be considered with our SoS.

Realistically, I think UF is an acceptable loss depending on how they fare the rest of the season and FSU should be a beatable team we have no issues with. Even if we lose both, rivals aside, to me a 10 win season is good, especially compared to 6 or 7 wins. Overall, I think that would turn into some unsuccessful recruiting tho.

Advertisement
CB802ABD-29ED-47A0-9010-19DB1D46D3E6.gif

Just ask yourself this....would you sign up for that scenario if offered or would you take your chances?
I would sign up all day & twice on sunday.

I think we lose to UF 100% because Manny Diaz defenses struggle against power running football teams. Not to mention our DLine is going to take a huge step back this year.

FSU is a coin flip game every year - so yeah I would absoltuely take that scenario right now.

Advertisement
No reason we should win less than 10 game
I would sign up all day & twice on sunday.

I think we lose to UF 100% because Manny Diaz defenses struggle against power running football teams. Not to mention our DLine is going to take a huge step back this year.

FSU is a coin flip game every year - so yeah I would absoltuely take that scenario right now.

Not a chance I would take it. We shouldn’t lose more than two games. Swap a Pitt loss for one of the Florida and I’d take it

Is a 10-2 record a successful season with losses to UF and FSU. Moreover do you still have a shot at the playoffs with these results?

Playoffs, no—but you'd still get to the ACC title game, which would be a success year one under Manny.

Would hate to lose to FSU in the state they're in and a bit far fetched to expect to run the table with a loss to UF—"But that's exactly what we did in 1983 when we won our first national title!!!!"—I know, but Miami hasn't gone undefeated in ACC play EVER, so there would inevitably be a loss or letdown to someone else along the way.

The goal this season is to find a quarterback, to see a patchwork offensive line come together, to see an improved offense and a defense plugging in holes for guys who left. Saying 10-2 is a "success" or not a success is arbitrary. The goal for this season should be to win the average Coastal Division and to find a way to play Clemson on the main stage in December.

That would be a huge step forward year one with Manny and on the heels of 7-6 last year.

I really can only accept that if we beat Clemson in ACC ship game and we are playing our best ball and somehow end up in the Final Four. I’m well aware this won’t happening any time soon and no I’m not on a cannabis binge.

Advertisement
I'd accept that scenario as long as we can either 1) win the ACCCG or 2) have a really successful bowl game

Advertisement
Back