IPF- Progress Pics (OP Updated July 10)

You think 56 feet of space is enough for punting? You are now officially the last person on the planet I would ask for a measurement from.

To answer the question, no, you can't punt in there full out.
I Was wrong on that but apparently not many ipfs are capable of doing punting inside them.

Height of facilities is slowly creeping up, which is more a matter of bragging rights than true necessity. Typical field houses range from 55 to 65 feet at their zenith, a practical choice that accommodates nearly all practice activities. "You have a choice of punting or not punting," says Robert Fatovic, vice president at Washington, D.C.-based CannonDesign, citing the current benchmark for punting, the 90-foot-high video board at AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys.
Designing the Modern College Football Practice Facility - Athletic Business

Advertisement
You think 56 feet of space is enough for punting? You are now officially the last person on the planet I would ask for a measurement from.

To answer the question, no, you can't punt in there full out.
3M for naming right to the field. 1M to pay off CG to get the thing opened in August. Who cares what the other 2M are for!

56' ceiling means our punters will get better at kicking for distance. Feagles sure had a ton of hang time on some kicks that weren't meant for inside the 20. NFL requirement is 85'.
I Was wrong on that but apparently not many ipfs are capable of doing punting inside them.

Height of facilities is slowly creeping up, which is more a matter of bragging rights than true necessity. Typical field houses range from 55 to 65 feet at their zenith, a practical choice that accommodates nearly all practice activities. "You have a choice of punting or not punting," says Robert Fatovic, vice president at Washington, D.C.-based CannonDesign, citing the current benchmark for punting, the 90-foot-high video board at AT&T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys.
Designing the Modern College Football Practice Facility - Athletic Business

You know fellas, they have these things called punting/kicking nets.

I’m sure you’ve seen them before. They’re always used at games on the sidelines, and also used outdoors during regular practices as well, to work the leg(s).

Why shoot, I’ll bet there’s enough in the budget to include one indoors, so they don’t have to drsg the outdoors one into the IPF.

Does it really matter if sometimes the punts hit the ceiling? It's not like we absolutely NEED space to be able to punt in there. As if because its not high enough its going to mean our Punter doesn't get enough reps in throughout the week...

The punters should hit the ceiling every time they punt, unless its a directional punt.

They can always practice later, outside, by themselves. It isn't like they need to practice with the team all the time or that they'll be locked up inside for weeks at a time.

UM just received a $3M gift from an alum for the indoor practice facility....indoor field will now be named for him/family.

Advertisement
I'm sure the turf price was budgeted in. I was just making a point about how much money these things cost to build.

No idea what any extra revenue would be used on.

Although I'm not in the construction business I know when I got a pool installed it went over budget so I'd guess that something as complex as an IPF will go over budget as well.
Had to pony up extra for some sort of desk is what I'm hearing.

444841FC-FD9D-4439-B9F0-BE2CC148A389.jpeg
0703DFE8-2432-4517-A32C-55E88F065CA0.jpeg
DAE7D42D-1D08-4848-A74B-0EFBC7DB507E.jpeg
20A76126-55AA-4195-89A6-7A7DA5CD7454.jpeg
444841FC-FD9D-4439-B9F0-BE2CC148A389.jpeg
0703DFE8-2432-4517-A32C-55E88F065CA0.jpeg
DAE7D42D-1D08-4848-A74B-0EFBC7DB507E.jpeg
20A76126-55AA-4195-89A6-7A7DA5CD7454.jpeg

Advertisement
I would love to take a tour of this facility when completed. You buy two season tickets and you get a tour (when not in use/offseason).

Advertisement
When it's raining, the tin roof should sound like the old OB games ....with the fans banging the upper deck boards.... 😁

Advertisement
We better hope this is true because the minute a hurricane hits the area and the 💩 falls apart we won’t hear the end of it
Agreed.
The building code wouldn’t let something that big get built without it. It’s coral gables. You can’t even do landscaping there without a permit and that’s not an exaggeration. This is a city that was going to outlaw pick up trucks in your driveway a few years ago.

Agreed.
The building code wouldn’t let something that big get built without it. It’s coral gables. You can’t even do landscaping there without a permit and that’s not an exaggeration. This is a city that was going to outlaw pick up trucks in your driveway a few years ago.
Yeah, I just built my house 2 years ago and with the new code post 2014, they have to be built per zones. I live on lake Okeechobee and we're zone 5, if I remember correctly. I do know the requirement was it has to withstand 150 mph winds. During Irma, I had the family stay with me and all I did was shut the door and lock it, not even a scratch. Many of my neighbors had damage, especially on the roof.
I know Miami is a zone or 2 higher or than we are, so it has to be around 180 or so.

Agreed.
you mean a city that in fact outlawed trucks for 50 years until an appellate court overturned the ordinance. i live in the city and at times it is a totalitarian dictatorship. hate them MFers

Advertisement
Back