IPF- Progress Pics (OP Updated July 10)

Here's what my people told me after they visited the IPF yesterday. You guys probably already know most of this stuff.

There are actually 2 fields inside. One larger and one smaller. I didn't get exact dimensions but it's been discussed here.

The turf just by it's self was somewhere in the neighborhood of $3 million. It's the cutting edge of turf tech. So that $3 million donation barely even covered the turf. (If you haven't sent them a sawbuck or two and you can afford it please do so)

For those worried about the A/C units they work just fine. Was told it's frosty in there.

2-3 months before the offices are ready for move in. They are still basically barren.

Richt will have a 2- story corner office with a balcony on his office as well so he can sit on the veranda and overlook the manor grounds. (with built in PA system in case he want's to yell at a ref or Larry Fedora))

Speaking of the sound system, it's apparently louder than LIV on a Saturday night.

And for everyone worried about the electrical....there have been some problems with breakers tripping but should be resolved shortly. (Prob @GOCANES05 fault)

That's all I got. Sorry if there's nothing earth shattering.

Keep an eye here. I might have a short vid to porst of the IPF if I can talk him out of it.

Edit: OK that should do it.
What do you think the 3 million donation is going to considering the original price point was at 34 million and they reported miami raised over 35-36 million or so last month? I know Richt had mentioned a video board, redoing lockerooms and renovating the weight room a few weeks back. Have to think the turf costs was covered in the original costs?

Advertisement
What do you think the 3 million donation is going to considering the original price point was at 34 million and they reported miami raised over 35-36 million or so last month? I know Richt had mentioned a video board, redoing lockerooms and renovating the weight room a few weeks back. Have to think the turf costs was covered in the original costs?

I'm sure the turf price was budgeted in. I was just making a point about how much money these things cost to build.

No idea what any extra revenue would be used on.

Although I'm not in the construction business I know when I got a pool installed it went over budget so I'd guess that something as complex as an IPF will go over budget as well.

Thankfully, we at CIS have a resident expert/insider who can tell us! @GOCANES05

Here's what my people told me after they visited the IPF yesterday. You guys probably already know most of this stuff.

There are actually 2 fields inside. One larger and one smaller. I didn't get exact dimensions but it's been discussed here.

The turf just by it's self was somewhere in the neighborhood of $3 million. It's the cutting edge of turf tech. So that $3 million donation barely even covered the turf. (If you haven't sent them a sawbuck or two and you can afford it please do so)

For those worried about the A/C units they work just fine. Was told it's frosty in there.

2-3 months before the offices are ready for move in. They are still basically barren.

Richt will have a 2- story corner office with a balcony on his office as well so he can sit on the veranda and overlook the manor grounds. (with built in PA system in case he want's to yell at a ref or Larry Fedora))

Speaking of the sound system, it's apparently louder than LIV on a Saturday night.

And for everyone worried about the electrical....there have been some problems with breakers tripping but should be resolved shortly. (Prob @GOCANES05 fault)

Keep an eye here. I might have a short vid to porst of the IPF if I can talk him out of it.

Now that’s true insider info. None of that retired old man fantasy bullshyt. Thanks CaneDynasty. They didn’t run any of that in the Daily Oklahoman.

Advertisement
I know he was off his rocker a bit but yeah he was entertaining. He is reading this thread somewhere right now, finger on the post reply, just itching to respond.

jaFXFAi.gif

Advertisement

Soooooooooooooo, what about that desk, though?

$3 million on turf. **** that turf better self serve unlimited wheat grass shots on demand. And the white lines better charge ninjas up when the run over them like F-Zero. Got **** bruh 3 milli

Last edited:
Advertisement
$3 million on turf. **** that turf better self serve unlimited wheat grass shots on demand. And the evite lines better charge ninjas up when the run over them like F-Zero. Got **** bruh 3 milli

That turf is extremely expensive. Not sure it’s that high but I worked in a sports training facility that had XGrass in all our facilities and some field depending on dimensions ended up costing around 50K. 3 million seems a little high.

It’s 56 feet in the air which is enough for punting. Not much of a concern honestly

You think 56 feet of space is enough for punting? You are now officially the last person on the planet I would ask for a measurement from.

To answer the question, no, you can't punt in there full out.

Advertisement
3M for naming right to the field. 1M to pay off CG to get the thing opened in August. Who cares what the other 2M are for!

56' ceiling means our punters will get better at kicking for distance. Feagles sure had a ton of hang time on some kicks that weren't meant for inside the 20. NFL requirement is 85'.

You think 56 feet of space is enough for punting? You are now officially the last person on the planet I would ask for a measurement from.

Judging by Feagles kicks last season I'm sure he can go full leg.

I joke. I joke.

Does it really matter if sometimes the punts hit the ceiling? It's not like we absolutely NEED space to be able to punt in there. As if because its not high enough its going to mean our Punter doesn't get enough reps in throughout the week...

Advertisement
Back