Interesting stat on Miami/Mario

Y’all better to listen to the coaches I say Will be a good fit at Miami….

Go back and look. I negged The diaz hire immediately and brought out how is defense performs in most big games when they hired him…

Cristobal I said He was the coach Miami needed years ago

One of the only ones on the board clamoring for Ed orgeron after his stint with usc and look at that, he won a National title years later

Another name I’ve been clamoring for is lane kiffin, he fits Miami to a tee and is exactly what we need.

Cristobal and kiffin are my top 2
So does this mean you’re going to start posting more again? Are you and I back in the Brock News Network (BNN) gif business? NYSOM is gone so you don’t have to worry about the rainbow network. Just saying…

Advertisement
Y’all better to listen to the coaches I say Will be a good fit at Miami….

Go back and look. I negged The diaz hire immediately and brought out how is defense performs in most big games when they hired him…

Cristobal I said He was the coach Miami needed years ago

One of the only ones on the board clamoring for Ed orgeron after his stint with usc and look at that, he won a National title years later

Another name I’ve been clamoring for is lane kiffin, he fits Miami to a tee and is exactly what we need.

Cristobal and kiffin are my top 2
I Got You Good Job GIF by JMatt

My only point is that a school like Oregon when their HC gig opens up should be attracting the same candidates as LSU, OSU, **** TAMU. For some reason, that hasnt happened. They are attracting the same level of HC as we are. There is a reason why that is.

But my main point is that if Mario wants to stay at Oregon, good riddance. He has an opportunity to do something really special here. But if he doesnt, he will regret it just like Howard did and Butch did decades later. Ive never heard Taggert or Chip Kelly say they regretted leaving Oregon. Just saying. But I digress. Whatever happens, we will get our answer in the next 60 days or so.
I again think you're confusing Oregon's previous hires as desperation moves vs clear alignment across their decision makers that "x guy" is the right one. Chip Kelly was promoted from OC to continue the success that Bellotti saw. Helfrich was promoted from OC to continue the success that Chip Kelly saw. Notice a trend? Taggart was hired over Dan Mullen and Bryan Harsin (two other big candidates...both of which were hired by big SEC programs) because they felt he was the best option.

Cristobal was promoted from Co-OC to continue what Taggart started. Believe it or not, most Oregon fans didn't want Taggart to leave and they felt disrespected by him. There was a ton of fan support to promote Cristobal. Mario was hired even after their AD interviewed other candidates.

But I agree with you. If Mario prefers the stability of Oregon, that's fine by me. There will be other good candidates.

Here's a breakdown with some context of Mario's last two seasons:

2020:

Dominant 35-14 win over 4-2 Stanford
Up 2 in the 4th quarter against 1-3 Washington St. Outscored them late for a 43-29 win.
3 point win 38-35 over 3-4 UCLA
Outscored 22-7 in the 4th in a 41-38 loss to an Oregon St team thats 3-8 over the last two seasons.
Shutout in 2nd half in a 21-17 loss to a Cal team that has 1 other win over the last two seasons.
Solid 31-24 win over a talented albeit dysfunctional 5-1 USC team.
Shutout in 2nd half in lopsided 31-17 loss to a Top 10 Iowa State team.

Tied with Fresno State in the fourth. Score TD late in a 31-24 win.
Gigantic win at Top 3 ranked Ohio State 35-28.
Blowout win over outclassed Stony Brook 41-7.
Only up 5 starting the fourth against winless Arizona. Outscored them 17-0 in the 4th to run away with it 41-19.
OT loss to 3-4 Stanford 31-24.
Goal line stand on 4th down on final play of game to escape with a 24-17 win over 1-5 Cal at home.

Last edited:
The audacity & entitlement of our fans is always glaring. Is Mario perfect? No, but Chrïst after the last decade & a half someone like Mario with his track record would be a breathe of fresh air. Maybe then we can start consistently beating basketball schools & have some hogmollies on that OL. Is he perfect? No, but he is probably the best coach out there that will even give us the time of day between the shïtty admin & our dümbass fans

Advertisement
Here's a breakdown with some context of Mario's last two seasons:

2020:

Dominant 35-14 win over 4-2 Stanford
Up 2 in the 4th quarter against 1-3 Washington St. Outscored them late for a 43-29 win.
3 point win 38-35 over 3-4 UCLA
Outscored 22-7 in the 4th in a 41-38 loss to an Oregon St team thats 3-8 over the last two seasons.
Shutout in 2nd half in a 21-17 loss to a Cal team that has 1 other win over the last two seasons.
Solid 31-24 win over a talented albeit dysfunctional 5-1 USC team.
Shutout in 2nd half in lopsided 31-17 loss to a Top 10 Iowa State team.

Tied with Fresno State in the fourth. Score TD late in a 31-24 win.
Gigantic win at Top 3 ranked Ohio State 35-28.
Blowout win over outclassed Stony Brook 41-7.
Only up 5 starting the fourth against winless Arizona. Outscored them 17-0 in the 4th to run away with it 41-19.
OT loss to 3-4 Stanford 31-24.
Goal line stand on 4th down on final play of game to escape with a 24-17 win over 1-5 Cal at home.
If Manny had that resume, you would have been yelling 20-0 without hyperbole and mocking posters who point out a college team could only play 15 games.

Why are we just going over his last 2 seasons? Why stop there? Do his 2018-2019 seasons not count?

“Oh BuT hE hAD a fIrSt RoUnD pIcK aT QB wHeN hE WeNt 12-2!!!” Yep, and he did exactly what he should have done then which is have a **** good season.
When you say that though, just make sure you keep the terrible QB situation in mind this year as well when they end up with 9/10+ wins.

Again, he has his flaws but ya’ll are killing me lol.

Why are we just going over his last 2 seasons? Why stop there? Do his 2018-2019 seasons not count?

“Oh BuT hE hAD a fIrSt RoUnD pIcK aT QB wHeN hE WeNt 12-2!!!” Yep, and he did exactly what he should have done then which is have a **** good season.
When you say that though, just make sure you keep the terrible QB situation in mind this year as well when they end up with 9/10+ wins.

There are no perfect candidates. But the same people crucifying and breaking down every quarter of Mario's are the same people willing to overlook FIU, LT, 50% of our ACC games against middling teams, and getting blown out of every game against teams with equal or better talent.

Am I sure MC would be the guy and not have these slip up games? No. But I am sure his floor is higher than anyone we have had in 20 years, he would get us disciplined and fundamentally sound, and have us winning the vast majority of games we are supposed to, which in the ACC is 9-10 a year. His coming would also mean the school and boosters are finally doing everything they need to. Every hire is going to have risk to it, but we need the guy with the highest floor to stabilize this thing and rebuild it from just about the ground up. It is incredible what Manny managed to tear down in 2.5 years.

I think people lose track of conf game being pretty close in most conf.

Advertisement
If Manny had that resume, you would have been yelling 20-0 without hyperbole and mocking posters who point out a college team could only play 15 games.
My man I was going to make this post **** near word for word. I just try to ignore that guy as much as possible. Him bashing a coach with multiple conference championships , big bowl game wins , top ten rankings and a good rep around cfb is the definition of rich. If manny had anywhere close to that resume he‘d have a boner 247.

Whereabouts in Oregon? We moved to Southern Oregon when I was kid (half Cuban from Miami , so maybe I only felt half your pain) . Most folks don't realize that Eastern and Southern Oregon (aside from Eugene and Ashland) are much more like a Confederate part of the country than they are like San Francisco or Portland.
Enough so that counties all over Eastern and Southern Oregon are trying to secede from the state and become part of Idaho. Not sure I would use confederate to describe those areas but definitely rural.

Advertisement
My man I was going to make this post **** near word for word. I just try to ignore that guy as much as possible. Him bashing a coach with multiple conference championships , big bowl game wins , top ten rankings and a good rep around cfb is the definition of rich. If manny had anywhere close to that resume he‘d have a boner 247.

Where did I bash anyone?

Advertisement

Actually he also had a fantastic defense that season.

Enough so that counties all over Eastern and Southern Oregon are trying to secede from the state and become part of Idaho. Not sure I would use confederate to describe those areas but definitely rural.

The town I lived near in Southern Oregon was the west coast headquarters of the KKK until the late 1930s. I lived in rural Appalachia for years before moving to Oregon so I know what confederate states look like. Most parts of southern Oregon were closer to southern states than Northern states. Multiple counties down there are ruined and nearly bankrupt due to hillbilly heroin and meth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everyone down there is bad. Lots of good people. But the general attitude when Mexicans moved into the area in large numbers (for field work) in the mid 90s and when black families would move into town was not good.

Just a stat for people who keep pulling the fundamentally sound and disciplined stuff out of their *** about Mario's teams. Oregon is currently ranked 124th in penalty yards per game. 62nd last year. 114th in 2019 and 42nd in his first year in 2018.

So no he does not guarantee a more disciplined football team. Cut that talking point out of the discussion. Maybe we'd be more disciplined every other year.

Advertisement
Back