Interesting stat on Miami/Mario

I don't feel Mario ever gets us a title, but I do feel he could bring us off life support - which I'll take.

He could certainly win the ACC.
It takes the right combination of roster and hitting big on the QB. When he had Herbert the roster wasn't there yet. If he had a big time QB I think he could've won it this year.

Look at Dabo. Clemson is looking like the Clemson of old this year without Happy Endings Watson or Sunshine.

Advertisement
Just a stat for people who keep pulling the fundamentally sound and disciplined stuff out of their *** about Mario's teams. Oregon is currently ranked 123rd in penalty yards per game. 62nd last year. 114th in 2019 and 42nd in his first year in 2018.

So no he does not guarantee a more disciplined football team. Cut that talking point out of the discussion. Maybe we'd be more disciplined every other year.

More nitpicking…

My man I was going to make this post **** near word for word. I just try to ignore that guy as much as possible. Him bashing a coach with multiple conference championships , big bowl game wins , top ten rankings and a good rep around cfb is the definition of rich. If manny had anywhere close to that resume he‘d have a boner 247.
It's really insane. Like I said, I think all of those points are fair. However, after you spent 6 months showing your rear yelling about 15-0 and mocking the rest of the board for pointing out the idiocy of that, you lose the right to have an opinion on other coaches sucking. But he was "just kidding" and everyone needs to relax.

I don't feel Mario ever gets us a title, but I do feel he could bring us off life support - which I'll take.

He could certainly win the ACC.

This is where I'm at as well. There is no sure fire guy out there for us to hire. This is what Mario.

Mario will fix the issues plaguing us:

- he'll stack quality recruits especially at DL and OL
- he'll hire a competent coaching staff
- he'll bring discipline and accountability to the lockeroom

He's not an Xs and Os guy - he's reliant on his coordinators. And, he's a lineman which by nature, tend to be a bit more conservative in their coaching philosophy.

These things alone should get us to compete for ACC year in and year out as a consistent 9/10 win team. I think if he strikes gold at QB, then you're looking at NC type of teams. But, Mario right now is a 9-10 win kind of coach.

Advertisement
It's really insane. Like I said, I think all of those points are fair. However, after you spent 6 months showing your rear yelling about 15-0 and mocking the rest of the board for pointing out the idiocy of that, you lose the right to have an opinion on other coaches sucking. But he was "just kidding" and everyone needs to relax.

I was just kidding. It was great fun. But even if I wasn’t it was all worth it because you were so insanely triggered by it that you can’t stop thinking and commenting about it non stop.

So thanks.

The town I lived near in Southern Oregon was the west coast headquarters of the KKK until the late 1930s. I lived in rural Appalachia for years before moving to Oregon so I know what confederate states look like. Most parts of southern Oregon were closer to southern states than Northern states. Multiple counties down there are ruined and nearly bankrupt due to hillbilly heroin and meth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everyone down there is bad. Lots of good people. But the general attitude when Mexicans moved into the area in large numbers (for field work) in the mid 90s and when black families would move into town was not good.
Were you near the Rajneeshees??? That **** was crazy, great documentary on Netflix

I was just kidding. It was great fun. But even if I wasn’t it was all worth it because you were so insanely triggered by it that you can’t stop thinking and commenting about it non stop.

So thanks.
You wasn’t kidding defending manny every second of the day for almost three years, no matter how embarrassing the team looked. If there was any negativity towards him or the administration you showed up magically. Like you were beamed from the Hect. That wasn’t a joke. So spare me.

Advertisement
The town I lived near in Southern Oregon was the west coast headquarters of the KKK until the late 1930s. I lived in rural Appalachia for years before moving to Oregon so I know what confederate states look like. Most parts of southern Oregon were closer to southern states than Northern states. Multiple counties down there are ruined and nearly bankrupt due to hillbilly heroin and meth.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everyone down there is bad. Lots of good people. But the general attitude when Mexicans moved into the area in large numbers (for field work) in the mid 90s and when black families would move into town was not good.
Yea, I think you can find places like that in small towns across the NW. I live in Idaho, which had a pretty significant white supremist presence (Richard Butler)in the Northern part of the state. I'm sure you've heard of Randy Weaver and the Ruby Ridge debacle. Anyhow, I do think it has changed quite a bit but there are still small logging towns through out Idaho that have no shortage of trump flags hanging on houses.

You wasn’t kidding defending manny every second of the day for almost three years, no matter how embarrassing the team looked. If there was any negativity towards him or the administration you showed up magically. Like you were beamed from the Hect. That wasn’t a joke. So spare me.
standing ovation applause GIF

LCE,

Are you willing to provide a short list of candidates you would advocate for? I agree that the next HC having prior Miami ties is irrelevant

If he had a dollar for every time someone asked him for his short list he’s be be able to pull Saban away from Bama

Imagine anyone thinking anyone was actually serious about 15-0

Advertisement
6CB3456A-9709-43E7-B6A2-5327EB352567.jpeg
A5219323-BA37-4863-A82C-F2298E8A0164.jpeg
6FBF1864-7EFD-4C58-9738-51FCC2942F5F.jpeg

You’re so ******* sensitive it’s hysterical.

It was a stupid joke that caught fire and it was a blast for me Karen. Idgaf what you think I meant or didn’t.

Last edited:
Marcus Lemonis publicly wanted Cristobol to replace Al Golden. He has the money to get Mario if need be.

Actually, he doesn’t have that kind of money. He’s run-of-the-mill rich. You have to have billionaires to make a difference. No I just 1 billion, several billion at the very least.

Advertisement
I think it's really interesting watching you makeup some completely obscure and random narrative and then post about it non-stop in this thread.

We have multiple people here literally telling us he's interested and they know what they're talking about. It's clearly not a for sure thing but there's a real chance of it happening. And Oregon doesn't have to become "toxic" (i have no idea where this thought came from BTW, makes no sense) for Miami to have a shot. MIAMI has the control to bring in a real AD, make a financial commitment, and then try to seal the deal after making the job more attractive.

Oregon is a good job but it's NOT even close to as good of a job as you're making it out to be.

Groupthink is a real thing. I’m sorry you’re not well read enough to understand it.

The multiple people here telling us he’s interested, can you point those posts out.

I’ll dissect them for you so you can better understand them.

No one has actually said here that I can recall, that he is interested now, or would be interested at the end of the season.

They’re just saying at one point there was interest. But you go on with your delusion.

Here’s another concept which I’m sure you won’t understand, but is actually occurring in this thread, it’s called confirmation bias. Chew on that for a while, bub.

So just curious, how was Taggert able to get out of Oregon if its so difficult and the contract is so iron clad? Buddy jetted out of there after one season.
These coaches aren’t indentured servants… Their contract stipulates an amount of money the coach must pay the school in exchange for being released from the contract.. the buyout.

As part of the new deal, The new team pays the coach that buyout amount, and the coach pays his debt.

What inside information are you basing this number on? He may come, he may not come, but your 10% number is a guess just like the 50% number.

It’s just the way of saying it’s very highly unlikely in my opinion, based on the state of both programs, and recent history. He’s going to make the best decision for him. What do you think that is?

Man are you insufferable, this is a message board, what is wrong with fans hoping/believing that their team will hire a quality coach? I seriously doubt that any grown man on this board is going to cry if we don't hire Mario.

What’s insufferable is people talking themselves into something that’s very highly unlikely, and then believing it, like some kind of cult religion.

Grown men aren’t going to cry if we don’t hire Mario? Are you serious? They’re gonna cry like bltches.

Advertisement
Back