Interesting stat about Felipe Franks and N’Kosi

Looks good to me, just as Tate did albeit against arguably better competition. But there’s got to be a reason Matocha was a 3* and Tate a 4*. That, and I just don’t think Peyton sees the field until a QB ahead of him transfers out upon losing the QB race. And he will be hard pressed to win it with TVD coming in for 2020, plus the incumbent starter. But stranger things have happened before.
Ray Lewis had no stars and no offers, look at the film of him and then Tate, also Peyton played a limited schedule due to Hurricane Harvey or so I;ve been told.

Advertisement
And you think tate or jarren will? None of these dudes are elite. To me none of them are even as good as kaaya.
As good as kaaya in terms of what? Hmm, I think Both of those guys have as much or more arm talent than kaaya tbqh. Plus they are far more mobile so I’ll rather have that. Obviously kaaya came in well prepared but you can’t really compare the situations each of the qbs came in to say whether they are good or not because they haven’t played much yet in their 1st or 2nd due to their situations. Martell had Jt Barrett in front of him who set records at osu and Haskins who just went in the first round at osu. While Jarren was never given a chance to be a starter last year and was completely mismanaged. Meanwhile and this isn’t a knock on kaaya but he came in with only real competition from jake heaps who lets face it was terrible.

Last edited:
1. Manny is going to start the guy he thinks gives his team the best chance to win.

2. Manny is going to start the guy he thinks gives his team the best chance to win. (Saying it again because Richt used it as a “reason” for starting 12).

3. Manny is going to start the guy he thinks gives his team the best chance to win. (Got it yet?)

4. LOL at listening to anything vern says. He could literally have video footage of exactly what he’s describing and I wouldn’t believe it. I could be standing next to him, hearing him describe what we are both seeing, and I wouldn’t believe what he’s saying.

It’s no secret that Tate’s worst scrimmage was #1, and his best was #3. I’m not letting either decide the starter for me, and neither is Manny.

Clarifying that by one more degree....

.. Manny is going to start the guy he thinks gives him the best chance of keeping his HC job... period!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Going to screenshot the throw he made against VT when they blitzed and he stood in the pocket and hit Cager up the middle? Or the bomb he threw under pressure and Wiggins dropped it? He made some bad reads but he had some good ones too
Don't tell em nothin.

Are you telling me that Kosi will be light years better? We have a body of work from Kosi and it ain't pretty...
You do realize he was a RS Freshman? Why is it that all the haters think 1/2 a season of starts in his first year as a starting QB is the end-all-be-all? As if there could be no improvement.

If Perry does win the starting job, you and a lot of other fans will just be chomping at the bit for the 1st int or misread and start screaming for a QB change. I've never seen a more divisive fanbase.

Your absolutely right, thats why I was all #Team Jarren, but they are saying he is immature and not reay to start... Im worried mane
I was Team Jarren too and I think I will have to change to Tate smh. Kosi just doesn't have the Football IQ.

Advertisement
Your inability to appropriately account for context when performing analysis says more about your own limitations than it does about the usefulness of the stat.
You going out of your way to use big words so redundantly in order to appear intellectually superior says more about the value of your opinions than anything I said. I provided context. Perry never had any opportunity to feel comfortable and relaxed in the pocket. We chalked that to for the less than average offensive coaching staff. To suggest that is indicative of the type of play we'll see from him this season is ignorant. Franks won't be behind the same offensive line this year. He'll be behind an even worse offensive line. If our coaches are an upgrade offensively, you won't see the same Perry this year. If you do, then our problems transcend beyond the roster. So please tell me again how I'm not accounting for context in my original post. And this time, try to not try so hard with your big words 😂

As good as kaaya in terms of what? Hmm, I think Both of those guys have as much or more arm talent than kaaya tbqh. Plus they are far more mobile so I’ll rather have that. Obviously kaaya came in well prepared but you can’t really compare the situations each of the qbs came in to say whether they are good or not because they haven’t played much yet in their 1st or 2nd due to their situations. Martell had Jt Barrett in front of him who set records at osu and Haskins who just went in the first round at osu. While Jarren was never given a chance to be a starter last year and was completely mismanaged. Meanwhile and this isn’t a knock on kaaya but he came in with only real competition from jake heaps who lets face it was terrible.
Comparing them to Kaaya, especially Tate, just may be the dumbest post I've seen.

You do realize he was a RS Freshman? Why is it that all the haters think 1/2 a season of starts in his first year as a starting QB is the end-all-be-all? As if there could be no improvement.

If Perry does win the starting job, you and a lot of other fans will just be chomping at the bit for the 1st int or misread and start screaming for a QB change. I've never seen a more divisive fanbase.

It's still a body of work....I do realize that coRch Richt pulled him at the most inopportune times last season. Had he come out hot as a fire cracker, he would've stayed in. Oh and btw, you should check my posting history about Kosi before you make yourself an expert about what I think about Kosi.

Advertisement
You going out of your way to use big words so redundantly in order to appear intellectually superior says more about the value of your opinions than anything I said. I provided context. Perry never had any opportunity to feel comfortable and relaxed in the pocket. We chalked that to for the less than average offensive coaching staff. To suggest that is indicative of the type of play we'll see from him this season is ignorant. Franks won't be behind the same offensive line this year. He'll be behind an even worse offensive line. If our coaches are an upgrade offensively, you won't see the same Perry this year. If you do, then our problems transcend beyond the roster. So please tell me again how I'm not accounting for context in my original post. And this time, try to not try so hard with your big words 😂

Which of my words would you describe as "big"? Just curious

If Enos helps Kosi take the best step mentally he can be great. But past history shows he doesn’t think too much 😂😂😂

Your inability to appropriately account for context when performing analysis says more about your own limitations than it does about the usefulness of the stat.
You going out of your way to use big words so redundantly in order to appear intellectually superior says more about the value of your opinions than anything I said. I provided context. Perry never had any opportunity to feel comfortable and relaxed in the pocket. We chalked that to for the less than average offensive coaching staff. To suggest that is indicative of the type of play we'll see from him this season is ignorant. Franks won't be behind the same offensive line this year. He'll be behind an even worse offensive line. If our coaches are an upgrade offensively, you won't see the same Perry this year. If you do, then our problems transcend beyond the roster. So please tell me again how I'm not accounting for context in my original post. And this time, try to not try so hard with your big words
Which of my words would you describe as "big"? Just curious
All of the words with more than 3 syllables are big for you.

Advertisement
It's still a body of work....I do realize that coRch Richt pulled him at the most inopportune times last season. Had he come out hot as a fire cracker, he would've stayed in. Oh and btw, you should check my posting history about Kosi before you make yourself an expert about what I think about Kosi.
It doesn't matter what you said in the past. What you've recently posted equates to: We've seen Perry and he doesn't have it. Time to move on. What I'm saying is that young players need time to grow especially at QB. If Perry didn't play at all last year, given he won the Best QB award this Spring, the fans would have a completely different attitude and would be hyping him up as much as Martell.

Perhaps last year taught us that maybe Perry wasn't ready. Most QB's don't see the field until their 3rd year in the program. So, I have a wait-n-see attitude. New year. New coaches. New playbook Let's see what he does in camp and in the Fall if he's the starter.

You going out of your way to use big words so redundantly in order to appear intellectually superior says more about the value of your opinions than anything I said. I provided context. Perry never had any opportunity to feel comfortable and relaxed in the pocket. We chalked that to for the less than average offensive coaching staff. To suggest that is indicative of the type of play we'll see from him this season is ignorant. Franks won't be behind the same offensive line this year. He'll be behind an even worse offensive line. If our coaches are an upgrade offensively, you won't see the same Perry this year. If you do, then our problems transcend beyond the roster. So please tell me again how I'm not accounting for context in my original post. And this time, try to not try so hard with your big words

All of the words with more than 3 syllables are big for you.

So "inability", "appropriately", "analysis", and "limitations" were the big ones. Noted for next time.

It doesn't matter what you said in the past. What you've recently posted equates to: We've seen Perry and he doesn't have it. Time to move on. What I'm saying is that young players need time to grow especially at QB. If Perry didn't play at all last year, given he won the Best QB award this Spring, the fans would have a completely different attitude and would be hyping him up as much as Martell.

Perhaps last year taught us that maybe Perry wasn't ready. Most QB's don't see the field until their 3rd year in the program. So, I have a wait-n-see attitude. New year. New coaches. New playbook Let's see what he does in camp and in the Fall if he's the starter.

It's your opinion, no matter how poor it is. Carry-on sir.

100% agree.

Unfortunately, regardless of who's chosen, it's going to be a lot of disappointed people on this board when QB1 is announced. There are more QB groupies than there are Miami fans on this site.

@reg lets hope that’s not the case, and that all the fans fall into line behind whoever is chosen by Enos and Diaz. If you put a gun to my head and made me pick one QB to be the starter I’d go with Martell for all the reasons others have mentioned including his love of watching film. See to me understanding the defense’s tendencies and how best to exploit them is going to be key, along with God given talent. Not saying the other 2 aren’t in the film room, just think they began to do so, whereas Tate was already doing so, back to his HS days. But if Martell is not the chosen QB by Manny and Dan, then so be it. I’ll be on board with whoever they pick. My inclination is to root for the Canes like a rabid pit bull first over players at a position. If others can’t get that, or understand the needs of the team are greater than the sum of one player, so be it.

Advertisement
Back