Interesting stat about Felipe Franks and N’Kosi

Advertisement
Im sorry mane I can't get past what I saw at traz powell... Dude has minimal arm talent if hes our qb we will finish deadlast in the ACC in passing, and thats a guarantee

Two thoughts - first - the BIG GUN arm on any QB - is still a low percentage pass.

The shorter to mid range passes are higher percentage completions - all other things being equal.

I've seen lots of big gun arms - and got their asses beat for wanting to make the Sunday highlight reels.

I want a QB who's smart, fast to make progressions, and quick to hit who's open - and let it be HIS job to get yards after the catch. And if he can bolt using his feet if things aren't quickly open - that sure keeps a defense on their toes.

Im sorry mane I can't get past what I saw at traz powell... Dude has minimal arm talent if hes our qb we will finish deadlast in the ACC in passing, and thats a guarantee
Lol at minimal arm talent. Go back and watch his film... didn’t martell finish as one of the top elite 11 finalist when he competed too?

What happen the other 2 scrimmages? Go watch the Traz game.
6-11 scrimmage 1 , not terrible but nothing noteworthy.

Perry in scrimmage 1 went 5-7 125 yards 2 tds but nearly all of that came against 3rd team 105 yards 2tds actually was on 2 passes to Pope and njoku vs the 3rd team

Scrimmage 2
He only had like at most 3-4 drives, 2 of them going against the first team. The last drive was quick as a deejay Dallas had a long td run vs the 3rd team. Martell 20 yard post route to Osborn against the first team defense. Had an int that was pass interference on the play too. And threw a few bad balls. He’s not the only one who did that in scrimmage 2, Jarren should have EASILY been picked twice on his final drive too.

Scrimmage 3
Martell had the best drive any of the qbs had against the first team in any of the scrimmages actually.

Furthermore I dont Care how good you look vs the 2nd/3rd team. Get me the guy who can move it against our first team Defense. Perry struggled in each of the visible scrimmages to do that with taking the most sacks and just unproductive drives against our best defense. He did open the 2nd scrimmage up with a pretty good drive against the first defense too.Williams didn’t play much against them like that. Martell had the best drive vs the first team but that’s only a starting point. We need the guy who can move the ball consistently against our best and until one of them show that it’s a clear 3 man race with no one having an edge imo

Last edited:
Advertisement
So we went from "X is gonna be the starter because Y" to "A isn't gonna be the starter because he sucks at B".

Its nice to mix it up a little.

I just feel like N'kosi has shown us all that he is capable of and it isn't going to take us where we want to go. Im scared Manny is going to make the same mistake Richt did with the LSU game and start the QB who has started in more games and is older. Jarren or Tate should get the nod IMO.

Anyone that has seen both the scrimmage and Tate's high school/OSU mop up footage knows that there was a clear difference, but why? I know that he seems to struggle from under center compared to the shotgun, but I would think that would affect his seeing the field/decision making more than his ability to throw, right? Maybe someone that is more knowledgeable about the QB position can help me there.

And maybe this has been discussed already, but is it possible that Enos had him doing something else with his mechanics and he wasn't comfortable or was still adjusting? It's baffling to me to see footage from prior to him being at Miami and what he has done since.

Advertisement
That’s why he won’t be our starter. He doesn’t have the mental side needed to be a starting QB. Kid can only go through two reads
Just stop it. Quit looking at last year from a Rsh Freshman. Yes he played poorly a lot of the time, but he did some good things as well. What matters is what he does this year and whether he has improved and matured.

Payton Manning holds the record for rookie interceptions with 28. Before you start, I'm not comparing N'kosi to Payton. What I'm saying is you can't judge much of anything from a QB's 1st year playing QB. Every QB will get better in year 2.

Let's not forget that N'kosi won the Best QB award for the Spring.

Let's see what he does this year if he wins the job before we start passing judgment on him.

Last edited:
I just feel like N'kosi has shown us all that he is capable of and it isn't going to take us where we want to go. Im scared Manny is going to make the same mistake Richt did with the LSU game and start the QB who has started in more games and is older. Jarren or Tate should get the nod IMO.

So knowing what we do now of Perry's play last season, you wanted Richt to start him at LSU?

So knowing what we do now of Perry's play last season, you wanted Richt to start him at LSU?
Im not saying that Im saying don't start a QB just because they are a senior or veteran an have more game experience. Similar to the Tua and Jalen Hurts situation last year. Or Trevor and Kelly Bryant. I think we would have lost the LSU game no matter who was the QB though.

Im not saying that Im saying don't start a QB just because they are a senior or veteran an have more game experience. Similar to the Tua and Jalen Hurts situation last year. Or Trevor and Kelly Bryant. I think we would have lost the LSU game no matter who was the QB though.

I am with you on the not starting a QB b/c of experience, it was just the comment implying that is why Richt started Rosier (which, to be fair, is what I think we all thought at the time) that confused me. Sorry to nitpick.

Advertisement
Camp is 1 week away and a lot of you guys have already decided who the starter will be. You can have this debate during the Fall camp when there is some competition. We won't get to see much, but you can debate upon what the media is reporting (which won't be much).

When the coaches name the starter, there shouldn't be much of a debate. The players will know who the starter is without the coach even telling them based on the play they see. If not, then you have a split locker room which wouldn't be good.

Advertisement
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic...but if not please take some time to watch this game below and then come back and tell me Tate can't throw.

If this is an example, he was pathetic. With him it looked like feast or famine...never hit any short passes. Bolden saved his butt with the int and Jordan made some nice catches. I expected you would have posted something that would showcase the dude, unfortunately now I'm more worried.

Kosi didn't see the field well last season with or without pressure...but under pressure he was clueless.

Look at this screenshot from the GT game. This was on 3rd and 8. It's clear at the snap the Brevin is going to be wide open on this play. There are EIGHT defenders to Perry's right. He never even considers looking left, where there's a huge potential running/throwing lane. Kosi locks on to JT and the pass is broken up by a linebacker. This is basic field awareness which N'Kosi failed terribly last season.

View attachment 90656

A lot of it has to do with coaching and teaching as well. Which we know Jon Richt was incapable of.

Kosi didn't see the field well last season with or without pressure...but under pressure he was clueless.

Look at this screenshot from the GT game. This was on 3rd and 8. It's clear at the snap the Brevin is going to be wide open on this play. There are EIGHT defenders to Perry's right. He never even considers looking left, where there's a huge potential running/throwing lane. Kosi locks on to JT and the pass is broken up by a linebacker. This is basic field awareness which N'Kosi failed terribly last season.

View attachment 90656
**** ... forget all about this smh

Advertisement
Back