Interesting stat about Felipe Franks and N’Kosi

Advertisement
Advertisement
The strongest leader will be playing against UF... excited to see who that it. All three bring something athletically or they would not be in the P5. We need a leader to get us to the endzone. 5 more Saturdays and we get to see who that is!!!!

If I'm remembering correctly, brevin was flipping out like crazy (rightfully so) after this play

He was. The whole sideline was. If he runs, he probably scores. If he hits Brevin, he definitely scores. Pretty much the only thing worse than a sack was forcing it to JT.

I get it. Kosi made some stupid mistake off the field. His on the field issues last year need to be put in the proper context. His issues is based on the lack of coaching. I don't see many QB's excelling in last year offense. I think Kosi with decent coaching can be a good QB. Also that applies to Jarren.

Tate had an OK showing against the THIRD team, now everyone wants him to start? Did anyone see what happen the first 2 scrimmages? It has to be Kosi or Jarren.

Tate was the only QB to move the ball vs the 1st team D at the Spring Game. Both Jarren and Kosi were overwhelmed.

Doesn't mean Tate is the clear starter but let's not make things up

Advertisement
IDK what is going to happen once camp starts. We all have our own opinions, etc. But I think there are two things we all agree on:

- the guy who takes the field as the starter vs. UF has to be a LEADER. He has to have the support of the whole team. So far, every interview one of the guys has given to any of the local papers or these boards has indicated ALL of the QBs have stepped up during the summer. That's good to know. It sounds like whoever is chosen will have the support of everyone..

- QB1 has to be smart and comfortable with reading the field to make quick decisions. You know UF is going to throw everything at them. None of them have significant experience facing a defense like UF will present. I imagine Manny and Enos will know pretty fast whose "lightbulb" has gone on over the summer.....

We'll probably have an idea in 2 weeks.....

If this is an example, he was pathetic. With him it looked like feast or famine...never hit any short passes. Bolden saved his butt with the int and Jordan made some nice catches. I expected you would have posted something that would showcase the dude, unfortunately now I'm more worried.

If you watched that game and came away with the opinion that Tate's performance was "pathetic" then you live in an alternate reality and we can't even have a substantive discussion. He was responsible for close to 400 yards of total offense and four TDs against the #7 HSFB team in the entire country.

Going to screenshot the throw he made against VT when they blitzed and he stood in the pocket and hit Cager up the middle? Or the bomb he threw under pressure and Wiggins dropped it? He made some bad reads but he had some good ones too

I'll guess probably no, but neither did Perry fans do that for the Q they wanted him to replace last year either.

Advertisement
I just feel like N'kosi has shown us all that he is capable of and it isn't going to take us where we want to go. Im scared Manny is going to make the same mistake Richt did with the LSU game and start the QB who has started in more games and is older. Jarren or Tate should get the nod IMO.

I'm not gonna lie. I feel you. My thinkin is along same lines. But I also have the question, cant perry improve under Enos tutelage, and mature? If the answer is yes, then is it enough to make him a consistent accurate general of this offense.? With Perry's talent and ability, if he matures and truly takes it seriously, we may have a potential reliable stud.

If you watched that game and came away with the opinion that Tate's performance was "pathetic" then you live in an alternate reality and we can't even have a substantive discussion. He was responsible for close to 400 yards of total offense and four TDs against the #7 HSFB team in the entire country.
4 of 11 for 128 yds at the half, 0 for 5 on 3rd down, 7 of 15 on the game not exactly impressive 184 yds passing. Lots of being TFL fumbled.

Here is a QB:

Advertisement
Tate was the only QB to move the ball vs the 1st team D at the Spring Game. Both Jarren and Kosi were overwhelmed.

Doesn't mean Tate is the clear starter but let's not make things up

Tate threw one 5 yard pass on a busted zone coverage against the first team. That’s where all those yards came from. Osborn ran like 70 yards. You can’t decide one guy is better than the other from that.

Advertisement
Back