Interesting stat about Felipe Franks and N’Kosi

sfcane2

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
When pressured last year vs P5 Ds, Feleipe Franks had 25.3% comps (64th/64 qualified P5 QBs), a 62.3 passer rating (53rd) & QBR of 5.3 (52nd).

vs. P5 offenses, Miami’s D got pressure 41.3% of the time. Only Kentucky & Clemson were better.

Now, having said that, one of the few QBs who was worse than Franks vs. pressure was… N’Kosi Perry. He was 8-of-27 with 0 TD & 1 INT and 2.3 QBR when pressured vs. P5.

From David Hale

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kosi didn't see the field well last season with or without pressure...but under pressure he was clueless.

Look at this screenshot from the GT game. This was on 3rd and 8. It's clear at the snap the Brevin is going to be wide open on this play. There are EIGHT defenders to Perry's right. He never even considers looking left, where there's a huge potential running/throwing lane. Kosi locks on to JT and the pass is broken up by a linebacker. This is basic field awareness which N'Kosi failed terribly last season.

Screenshot_20190718-181345.png

Kosi didn't see the field well last season with or without pressure...but under pressure he was clueless.

Look at this screenshot from the GT game. This was on 3rd and 8. It's clear at the snap the Brevin is going to be wide open on this play. There are EIGHT defenders to Perry's right. He never even considers looking left, where there's a huge potential running/throwing lane. Kosi locks on to JT and the pass is broken up by a linebacker. This is basic field awareness which N'Kosi failed terribly last season.

View attachment 90656

That’s why he won’t be our starter. He doesn’t have the mental side needed to be a starting QB. Kid can only go through two reads

View attachment 90656

I was so mad at this play man.... i was screaming Brevins open

Advertisement
Which is why I would start Tate. IMHO Tate brings a little more pressure to the defense with his running ability.

Advertisement
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic...but if not please take some time to watch this game below and then come back and tell me Tate can't throw.

Moonman if you saw what I saw at Traz Powell youd be worried. Ducks in the ground under no pressure at all it was bad. It was cringeworthy, Ive honetly never seen anything like it from a Division 1 college QBHe maybe decent under an Urban Myer type system but I dont think ENos is gonna make that a pillar of our offense

Advertisement
Im sorry mane I can't get past what I saw at traz powell... Dude has minimal arm talent if hes our qb we will finish deadlast in the ACC in passing, and thats a guarantee

Are you telling me that Kosi will be light years better? We have a body of work from Kosi and it ain't pretty...

Is Florida's offensive line the same? Is their coaching staff the same? Now ask the same for Miami.

How is this interesting in the least?

Because its a basic...very basic..."when all **** breaks loose metric"...

Under the rudimentary comparison, neither QB appeared to perform to even the mean when faced with the chaos of pressure.

It can often be the difference between game winning drive stays alive, or 3 and out (again).

Not a good sign.

Not at all.

Advertisement
Back