Interesting comments about enos

Yawns these kids dont like to be coached. Problems with richt jr and richt, problems with enos let me go out on a limb will be problems with lashlee. Too many ppl speaking for these kids they **** near have agents in high school now
Even HS kids having press conferences was unknown when I was a kid. I'm surprised they don't have them when they're going to the portal...or maybe they do.

Advertisement
Jarren has been bad as a leader but that article makes me want to give him another shot. Sometimes we forget these kids are 1-2 years removed from high school with so many influences in their life.

Jarren is hands down the most talented QB on our roster and his potential is stupid high. Hope he stays and fights for another chance to prove everyone wrong.

Avery said Williams, whom he has coached since the quarterback’s 10th-grade season, did not gel with Enos from the start.

“I’m not sure if the last offensive coordinator was the best fit with Jarren,’’ Avery, 33, told the Herald. “He wasn’t a good fit in terms of personality and a bunch of different things. I knew that early on when he got there. He even made Jarren do things that just as a quarterback he doesn’t typically do. When somebody tries to change you that much it makes it pretty hard to be successful.

This ISN'T HELPING J Williams draft stock.

Only hurting.

When will people learn???

Advertisement
Advertisement
Exactly.

People forget that Jarren was suspended multiple times his Freshman season with Richt because he wasn't handling his business.

I agree that he & Enox probably didn't gel at all, Enox is a prick, however Jarren is incredibly immature & checks out in the middle of games. I'll never forget how bizarre Jarren looked in the FIU game, he looked like he was having a complete nervous breakdown, he was sweating & had his eyes bugged out of his head, I remember they showed him after he completely missed Pope on a quick button hook route & he looked shook AF, like that boy looked lost out there.

I was one of the main proponents of Enox getting fired, he angered the fck outta me this season, but the one time I kinda felt for him was during that Bowl game when he was trying to tell Jarren not to lateral the ball back on the field & how he should've just thrown it but refused to at the end of the half.

Jarren was a total dumbass & was being blatantly subordinate & it reminded me of the time when I had an attitude with my pops & he smacked the sh*t outta me for ignoring him when he was trying to tell me something, I felt like Enox was trying to coach the kid & Jarren was just gone mentally, he wasn't listening at all. We don't need that kinda nonsense anymore in the QB room.

From my seat at the game, I remember thinking he resembled Malik at Pitt to end 2017...could have sworn a Malik was either drunk and/or hungover.

Hearing your description of JW is much more alarming. It pretty much confirms for me the rumor I heard a few weeks back regarding some serious issues within the team (other than the obvious everyone already talks about). Seems like ol boy was definitely partaking the night prior to game (which is what I heard) and maybe possibly during the game? ....and I’m not talking drinking. Your description of such is a dead ringer for what I’ve heard is a real issue with certain players.

Advertisement
It's hard to want to do your best for an arrogant prick. I quit a class in school because the teacher was just like Enos

I quit a class in school once because the teacher was just like Enos. No way I was giving my best for him.
I had already taken one of my programming classes and worked as a programmer in that language prior to transferring to UM. Because it was an upper level class, the credit had to be approved and the dept chair deferred to the professor. He was a complete and total **** about it, so I had to spend thousands on a class to learn a language I already knew. I suspect part of the reason was because he wrote the textbook. Anyway, I waited until my last term when they had an adjunct and aced the class.

I knew there was no way I could take the class with the jackass prof for the same reason you dropped.

I don't disagree.

I was merely commenting that these, "a source close to X says he hated Y and couldn't wotk with him"

So NFL types say, "problem child, let's pass, we don't need that **** in our building"
Understood, we need leadership, man o man. I would kill to have a bad **** QB with leadership and HEART.

I doubt Enos was as abrasive with them. They approached things differently. I'm a fan of Jalen Hurts but he seems robotic at times. Kid has no emotion
Hurts is for sure a dude doing his job. He will be an NFL backup somewhere and get rewarded nicely for his dedication. But a passionate player he is certainly not.

Advertisement
I find JW to be a pampered, entitled whiner. But its also Enos' job to find the right coaching style to push each players buttons. My oldest son responds to being told he and his team suck, you played terribly today and need to be better or be benched. My middle son would keel over like a baby if a coach yelled at him directly like that.

In other words, Jarren needs to be pampered like a baby or he will throw a fit and not give max effort.
I wouldn't necessarily say that.

IIRC B. Berlin lost the starting job to Grossman but also didn't gel with Spurrier's type of personality. Could be a similar situation.

Chances are Suitcase will find something to bytch about with Lashlee too. Just give him time. He was ready to split on Rick, who is a players’ coach, and Penos, who is a dyck face.

exactly.

mark richt was very emotionally controlled and had a philosophy to develop Qb's with even-temperament. aaron murray, (one of richt's successes, for example), talked about how richt's style helped him: (1) stay focused and not get too high or too low during the emotional waves of the game, and (2) concentrate on the next play and not the last one. apparently, that was not to jarren's liking, even though it seemed to work well for such obvious bums like murray (SEC career passing leader), d.j. shockley (player of the year award winner), david greene (unitas award finalist), and matthew stafford (no.1 pick in the NFL draft).

enos the penos was intense, extremely structured in his approach, and was ****ish and inflexible, not allowing for any deviation in his system and techniques, much like steve spurrier was, for example. it helped jalen hurts and tua. but it clearly didn't work for jarren, and he didn't like that style either.

we rightly criticized both richt and enos for their failures as OC's, but as QB coaches, they each have demonstrated successes in coaching the position. (regardless of what anyone thinks of their styles, richt at georgia and enos at alabama and arkansas got their QB's to play well).

funny how the one constant is that jarren didn't like either approach. clearly, in this case, as my grandmother used to say: "everyone can't be out of step but charlie."

the problem in this case is not the coach, it's the player. if he decides to leave, in my view, that's addition by subtraction. i am pretty tired of prima donnas who are better on twitter than they are on the field.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back