Interesting comments about enos

Advertisement
Lot of things about Enos coming to light. I think even after a short period of time he seemed pretty abrasive. Time will tell whether or not Jarren - and the other QB’s -will benefit from a new OC and system
You can't be tough with babies, that's for sure. You can be tough with grown men, though, and get the best out of them. It sure explains why we looked soft this year.

Howard had huge advantage, Earl Morrall. Earl was a unpaid volunteer QB coach. Look at the fruits: Kelly, Kosar, Vinny. NCAA outlawed volunteer coaches. Let's see former quality winning QB coaches your young qb recruits and boom you are QB U. Too bad we do not have any quality winning former Cane QBs who might be interested in coaching.

It was pretty clear something was going on with the offense.... It's a long season; weeks and weeks of negativity and abrasiveness wears on even the most dedicated player.....
Devil's advocate, don't crucify me: There could be some truth to that. It's pretty clear Enos was a giant *******, I can't even imagine how big of a **** he was in the locker room. I played for a coach like that and yeah, he didn't get the most out of me either.

I'm not defending JW nor his comments about "not giving it his all", but tons of coaches are gigantic ******** and that's not the only way to run things.

yep. All of this stuff coming out now sure explains some of the morale issues. I don't care how "tough" you are, constant criticism and abrasiveness wears down even the most competitive kid eventually. Add in favoritism and the head coach seeming to step back from getting involved.....

Advertisement
Tua and Hurts can take this kind of coaching because they having a winning mentality. They approach the game as a business. These qbs at UM cry if you yell at them

I doubt Enos was as abrasive with them. They approached things differently. I'm a fan of Jalen Hurts but he seems robotic at times. Kid has no emotion

There’s no doubt the relationship soured between Enos and Jarren, but the idea that Enos was totally at fault for Jarren’s poor play is false. The saying “Coaches coach, players play” is true here. Jarren couldn’t go through his progressions, read the defense improperly, threw inaccurately, and couldn’t overcome poor play are some of the reasons he failed. These are not on Enos. Jarren didn’t do enough film review, was a poor leader, and walked away from the team. He hasn’t earned the right for a third chance and it’s best for the program for Jarren to transfer.

Avery said Williams, whom he has coached since the quarterback’s 10th-grade season, did not gel with Enos from the start.

“I’m not sure if the last offensive coordinator was the best fit with Jarren,’’ Avery, 33, told the Herald. “He wasn’t a good fit in terms of personality and a bunch of different things. I knew that early on when he got there. He even made Jarren do things that just as a quarterback he doesn’t typically do. When somebody tries to change you that much it makes it pretty hard to be successful.

Guess what, the NFL won't tolerate that. Sounds like excuses. Either you an asset or liability.

Advertisement
Can see it both ways - Enos being a **** and Jarren cowering from the harsh feedback. Either or it’s not a conducive environment to thrive in that’s for sure. There was definitely something amiss those last 3 games that weren’t there before. I doubt Williams decided to soften up after the win streak of which he now holds the Canes game TD record. Maybe it did wear on him as others have suggested

Meh. Not defending Enos, but he even stated in all his interviews that he coaches hard, and at the beginning of the season JW said that he wanted to be coached hard. I guess he was wrong.

"coaching hard" - could be defined in many ways. Demanding and having high standards is one thing; being a total a**hole is another...

Plenty of people - the press, coaches, fans - were pretty taken aback at that first press conference with Enos after the UF game. That was probably the floor with Enos. .. Imagine the ceiling of that kind of criticism..

Avery said Williams, whom he has coached since the quarterback’s 10th-grade season, did not gel with Enos from the start.

“I’m not sure if the last offensive coordinator was the best fit with Jarren,’’ Avery, 33, told the Herald. “He wasn’t a good fit in terms of personality and a bunch of different things. I knew that early on when he got there. He even made Jarren do things that just as a quarterback he doesn’t typically do. When somebody tries to change you that much it makes it pretty hard to be successful.

didn’t Jarren say he loved Enos; that it was his hard nose, perfection attitude that’s driven him to be great?

Regardless, getting a little tired of Jarren & his QB coach. Dude has had an excuse every year.

Hilarious that the people around him and Jarren himself think that he's worthy of anyone HAVING to gel WITH HIM.

Enos was straight trash but Jarren is too.

I was as big a critic of N'Kosi's maturity or lack thereof as anyone but that kid was the only one of the 3 that acted like an adult last season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can see it both ways - Enos being a **** and Jarren cowering from the harsh feedback. Either or it’s not a conducive environment to thrive in that’s for sure. There was definitely something amiss those last 3 games that weren’t there before. I doubt Williams decided to soften up after the win streak of which he now holds the Canes game TD record. Maybe it did wear on him as others have suggested

yea Something for sure was off. And it wasn't just Jarren.

I don’t buy into ‘I can’t give my best because coach x is an *******’ camp.

You can’t control the outcome, but you can control your effort. I’ve worked for some real ****** bosses. But, I never wanted to be one of the reasons they failed. Seriously, do people not take pride in their performance, independent of factors they can’t control?

Tua and Hurts can take this kind of coaching because they having a winning mentality. They approach the game as a business. These qbs at UM cry if you yell at them
Had the same exact thought. Those guys want to be the best, so they take coaching well.

As much as I trashed Enos, how the **** can you win with QBs like this?

Advertisement
didn’t Jarren say he loved Enos; that it was his hard nose, perfection attitude that’s driven him to be great?

Regardless, getting a little tired of Jarren & his QB coach. Dude has had an excuse every year.

What is he supposed to say he hates it In a public interview after the oc scolded him essentially after the uf game? Furthermore Jarren ain’t the only one who had problems with enos, it’s been reported by numerous sources that they didn’t like him including Barry jackson recently who said that. He was probably an ******* that tried to implore that nick saban/bama teaching method , who knows

Why are you tired of Quincy Avery what has he done that bothers you?

Chances are Suitcase will find something to bytch about with Lashlee too. Just give him time. He was ready to split on Rick, who is a players’ coach, and Penos, who is a dyck face.
Exactly.

People forget that Jarren was suspended multiple times his Freshman season with Richt because he wasn't handling his business.

I agree that he & Enox probably didn't gel at all, Enox is a prick, however Jarren is incredibly immature & checks out in the middle of games. I'll never forget how bizarre Jarren looked in the FIU game, he looked like he was having a complete nervous breakdown, he was sweating & had his eyes bugged out of his head, I remember they showed him after he completely missed Pope on a quick button hook route & he looked shook AF, like that boy looked lost out there.

I was one of the main proponents of Enox getting fired, he angered the fck outta me this season, but the one time I kinda felt for him was during that Bowl game when he was trying to tell Jarren not to lateral the ball back on the field & how he should've just thrown it but refused to at the end of the half.

Jarren was a total dumbass & was being blatantly subordinate & it reminded me of the time when I had an attitude with my pops & he smacked the sh*t outta me for ignoring him when he was trying to tell me something, I felt like Enox was trying to coach the kid & Jarren was just gone mentally, he wasn't listening at all. We don't need that kinda nonsense anymore in the QB room.

Advertisement
Back