Inside the U article by David Lake

Advertisement
ask Lake why hasn't he called out the BoT like he said he was going to do. y'all can give him all the props you want but I can't respect a dude who is all bark, no bite.
I am with you but maybe he has decided to wait until this weekend when things falls into place so not to create more of a spectacle and then when everything is signed & closed, hoping he will then go scorched earth with extra details.

Same, BTW, with our insiders if they are allowed to share certain info.

Advertisement
No, you are. If you are more concerned with optics within the community, you have already resigned yourself to settling for a coach for the wrong reasons.

Yeah, so, you don't get it.

Who said "optics?" Well, you did. Your words. Cause again, you don't get it. At all.

Try HS coaches, handlers, parents, school alumni, FOOTBALL alumni, optimist, 7 on 7, principals, guidance counselors, JANITORS, crap writers, TWEETERS, the nutty BOT, you name it. You need to win these people over to recruit here. And you have more resources from other schools attacking SFL than ever to combat. Did you know that UF and FSU each have more alumni in SFL than Miami does? You think any old coach just walks into this town and wins everyone over just because he can coach and says the right things? It's a snake pit out there, and you need a HC here who knows the territory, and is good in a knife fight, and has the support of the community.

So yeah... well, no. No one is settling. Some of us are just a little more thoughtful about what it takes to win here.

And outside of this, Mario is one of the very best recruiters in all of CFB, took FIU from 0-12 to conference champion, was AHC/RC/OL under Saban at Alabama, and got Oregon righted, won 12 games in one year, 10+ this year, won a Rose Bowl, and went to a Sugar, and had the #3 class in the country last cycle... in Oregon.

Clearly you are the one with the uninformed agenda. I guess you did your own research.

So he's going to decline what may his last shot at landing his dream job, to permanently live in Oregon, away from his family and friends, in hopes that he can take Oregon to the playoffs next year?

Oregon opens the season next year in Atlanta against Georgia. Oh and they will be breaking in a new QB, while losing (at least) the #1 pick in the draft. They'll also need a new OC.

Its now or never. One final year of Oregon being the best team in the Pac 12 vs living where he wants, while doing his dream job? Hmmmmm....

Advertisement
Yeah, so, you don't get it.

Who said "optics?" Well, you did. Your words. Cause again, you don't get it. At all.

Try HS coaches, handlers, parents, school alumni, FOOTBALL alumni, optimist, 7 on 7, principals, guidance counselors, JANITORS, crap writers, TWEETERS, the nutty BOT, you name it. You need to win these people over to recruit here. And you have more resources from other schools attacking SFL than ever to combat. Did you know that UF and FSU each have more alumni in SFL than Miami does? You think any old coach just walks into this town and wins everyone over just because he can coach and says the right things? It's a snake pit out there, and you need a HC here who knows the territory, and is good in a knife fight, and has the support of the community.

So yeah... well, no. No one is settling. Some of us are just a little more thoughtful about what it takes to win here.

And outside of this, Mario is one of the very best recruiters in all of CFB, took FIU from 0-12 to conference champion, was AHC/RC/OL under Saban at Alabama, and got Oregon righted, won 12 games in one year, 10+ this year, won a Rose Bowl, and went to a Sugar, and had the #3 class in the country last cycle... in Oregon.

Clearly you are the one with the uninformed agenda. I guess you did your own research.
No, I am sick of the Miami "community". I am sick of you. I am sick of "Oh, we need a Miami guy that understand... blah blah blah." I'm done with you, and everyone who resembles you. Miami doesn't want the best coach for the job, they want the best coach that fits their image. Because, you know, image wins football games. I'm done with it.

No, I am sick of the Miami "community". I am sick of you. I am sick of "Oh, we need a Miami guy that understand... blah blah blah." I'm done with you, and everyone who resembles you. Miami doesn't want the best coach for the job, they want the best coach that fits their image. Because, you know, image wins football games. I'm done with it.
I will only agree with you if that image includes manny Diaz

It's amazing how we were well on our way to firing Manny in midseason and then out of ******* nowhere we get the best QB this program has seen in over 2 decades to come in and bail out Mancheese. There is nothing that Miami times correctly in this life.

Advertisement
Advertisement
...he is pretty good at reading this board, cutting and pasting and then putting together a lengthy paper to make it seem as if he did all the work...lmao

mow, lake is a good guy and cares about the U but come on man....
Of course everything comes from CIS until it doesn’t. He’s been out in front of a lot of info and If I had to guess he’s got Lemonis or Ruiz as a source. ****, he did an interview with Ruiz. Now has broken everything? No but he was the first to put this mosaic together starting a few weeks ago.
He’s also been the hardest on Manny during interviews. Ryan might be co mvp but he only started last week.

Of course everything comes from CIS until it doesn’t. He’s been out in front of a lot of info and If I had to guess he’s got Lemonis or Ruiz as a source. ****, he did an interview with Ruiz. Now has broken everything? No but he was the first to put this mosaic together starting a few weeks ago.
He’s also been the hardest on Manny during interviews. Ryan might be co mvp but he only started last week.
CIS actually doubted him when he kept saying the BOT is being left out (or a majority of them)

Advertisement
Back