Inside the U article by David Lake

Again with this Lemonis nobody beta guy. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

With that said, IF the above messaging is accurate, it appears there is a move under strong consideration to "get the band back together".

Miami Natty Winning Players? āœ…
NFL Scouting Executive āœ…
Proven D1P5 HC āœ…
Heā€™s not a beta but he isnā€™t the ā€œalphaā€ dishing out orders to other BOT members. Like I said then, it doesnā€™t work that way. Up until now, he hasnā€™t done **** but tweet and talk E before W. If he puts big money into it then weā€™ll all support him as we need money people to step up for football.

Advertisement
Heā€™s not a beta but he isnā€™t the ā€œalphaā€ dishing out orders to other BOT members. Like I said then, it doesnā€™t work that way. Up until now, he hasnā€™t done **** but tweet. If he puts big money into it then weā€™ll all support him as we need money people to step up for football.
He gets mentioned an awful lot, by different folks. It appears he is A (as I stated from the outset), not necessarily, THE.

There is a difference.

Leak, tweet, fly a banner. The position that he holds, like Epstein, isn't afforded a luxury for the organization as a whole of, "he doesn't speak for us".

Look at Epstein. For all the accusations/observations that he's a toothless temper tantrum throwing ego maniac, his leaks are doing a fine job in dragging our University of Miami through the mud. I haven't read near as many "Epstein is dysfunctional" as "Miami's BOT/AD search is dysfunctional".

A dear goodness watch the mud and leks get slung if Super Mario says no in the near future and we have HC Manuela in 2022. My guess is those headlines will read "Miami fails..... blah blah blah..."

Last edited:
He gets mentioned an awful lot, by different folks. It appears he is A (as I stated from the outset), not necessarily, THE.

There is a difference.
He tweeted some **** and you jumped to a conclusion and you said ā€œobviously Lemonis is an Alpha voice on the BOT .ā€ This is after he was going at fans with E before W.

There is no Alpha. Thereā€™s a bunch of people with different interests.

Advertisement
He tweeted some **** and you jumped to a conclusion and you said ā€œobviously Lemonis is an Alpha voice on the BOT .ā€ This is after he was going at fans with E before W.

There is no Alpha. Thereā€™s a bunch of people with different interests.
There can be a variety of alpha players in a bunch of people with different interests. Both can, and often are at their levels, be true.

On Miami's BOT, like any other body of similar makeip, there are "first among equals".

There can be a variety of alpha players in a bunch of people with different interests. Both can, and often are at their levels, be true.

On Miami's BOT, like any other body of similar makeip, there are "first among equals".
He tweets. Others move bigly in silence. He is not first or equal on that board.

You know, I think the 'Mario or bust' strategy ignores the fact that Manny is a lame duck at this point, and it would be disasterous to bring him back...still can't see the benefit to stringing him along. They should fire him immediately, at the very least as a statement to some of these dumbasses on the BOT that want their 'binky' back: everyone needs to row in the same direction now. Manny coming back as coach is so short sighted at this point, it simply cannot be an option, they would face a complete revolt by the fanbase.

Also, IMO, the fact that Mario hated Beta Blake makes it hard to dislike him.
No one wants Manny back at this point, and the ole' 'Dabo's first 3-4 year' comparison is just not even worth considering anymore.

Manny needed a competent DC. Like some of the flaws of our most recent, former, he was just too stubborn to let go of something that was holding him down.

Now we lost Lashlee, so the **** has gotten far beyond deep.

I think the biggest issue we have here with Manny, is his decision making at time, and Now we have to depend on him to find another OC, that wont ruin our most prized horse (TVD), and a DC that he is will to COMPLETELY hand over the reigns to.

I swear, if they find a way to promote T. Rob, we're ****ed. That dud is a recruiter...hands down, and from a coaching standpoint, he needs to stick DB's...

He tweets. Others move bigly in silence. He is not first or equal on that board.
IF the report (including Ryan), and a big IF, that Frenk has circled his wagons with Mas amd Lemonis riding shotgun...

It would appear Frenk disagrees.

Tomato v. tomahtoe

Maybe Marcus Aurelius Lemonata is merely a master strap hanger and self-promoter.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Itā€™s not that simple. Beyond Uncle Phil, Oregon doesnā€™t have the robust donor network that people think it does. ****, the guy that runs one of their boards was even begging for people to donate a few weeks back because of how dry the donation pipeline is. Also, talk to Oregon people, and youā€™ll learn Uncle Phil isnā€™t as involved as he used to be. Guy is 83, and from what Oregon fans have told me, his kids are not going to give Oregon the level of support theyā€™re used to.

Miami and Oregon are opposites in this regard. Oregonā€™s cultivated the narrative that theyā€™ve got more money than anyone (they donā€™t) while Miamiā€™s had the narrative of weā€™re broke and have no money (thereā€™s plenty of money, at least now). We can March an Oregon offer, but ultimately this decision for Cristobal is about more than money.
Put it this way, if Oregon wants to keep a coach and it comes down to money, Oregon can handle Miami.

IF the report (including Ryan), and a big IF, that Frenk has circled his wagons with Mas amd Lemonis riding shotgun...

It would appear Frenk disagrees.

Tomato v. tomahtoe

Maybe Marcus Aurelius Lemonata is merely a master strap hanger and self-promoter.
Your statement was eye-rolled by people who know a variety of the highest level of BOT money donating members including myself, another poster I wonā€™t name and @Brooklyndee. Lemonis hadnā€™t done a thing for football except tweet E before W. When you made your statement there was no Frenk involvement, there was no MĆ”s and Ruiz stepping up.

If you think that Lemonis is an alpha to Chaplin, Frost, Soffer, Miller, Saiontz and others - good luck with that. That heā€™s tied in with MĆ”s and theyā€™re taking action is awesome but you made your original assertion because the dude tweets which was funny. šŸ˜‚

Your statement was eye-rolled by people who know a variety of the highest level of BOT money donating members including myself, another poster I wonā€™t name and @Brooklyndee. Le onus hasnā€™t done a thing for football except tweet E before W. When you made your statement there was no Frenk involvement, there was no MĆ”s and Ruiz stepping up.

If you think that Lemonis is an alpha to Chaplin, Frost, Soffer, Miller, Saiontz good luck with that. That heā€™s tied in with MĆ”s and theyā€™re taking action is awesome but you made your original assertion because the dude tweets which was funny
Continue eye rolling that would make Linda Blair jealous.

Please show me where I compared him to the ones you name.

Don't mistake having $$$$ with strength of character or even a desire to lead (however defined). If memory serves me, I thought it was reported Carol Soffer is close to Lemonis and it was implied she kinda sorta leans towards his advice.

I made my assertion because just maybe I'm good at reading tea leaves. Maybe I'm really observant. Maybe I'm really lucky. Mabe I'm just a loon who called MSU beating our Canes.

As you say friend, good luck with that.

Continue eye rolling that would make Linda Blair jealous.

Please show me where I compared him to the ones you name.

Don't mistake having $$$$ with strength of character or even a desire to lead (however defined). If memory serves me, I thought it was reported Carol Soffer is close to Lemonis and it was implied she kinda sorta leans towards his advice.

I made my assertion because just maybe I'm good at reading tea leaves. Maybe I'm really observant. Maybe I'm really lucky. Mabe I'm just a loon who called MSU beating our Canes.

As you say friend, good luck with that.
You saw a tweet and said ā€œalphaā€. Thatā€™s who heā€™d have to be the alpha to and thatā€™s not remotely close.

Advertisement
If the decision is Mario and, if Mario says no stick with Manny, we have the most incompetent leadership imaginable. Bringing back Manny would be worse than having an interim coach for a season. The guy is a dead man walking and he sucks.
Mannyā€™s gone.

I'm fed up with the nepotism. Instead of looking for good coaches, we look for ties to the program. Instead of hiring a coach that can get the job done, they make every excuse under the sun not to hire them, in order to hire the one they want.

Don't get me wrong, Mario is far better than Manny. My problem is we zoom in on one guy because he is a Miami guy, or gets the culture, and ignore other top coaches that would love to coach here. And no, even though Mario is better than Manny, I do not think he is the best coach we can get. I do not trust him to bring in the OC we'd need to maximize our talent. I do not trust him to get his team ready week in and week out. I do not believe that even with a decided talent advantage, he can outcoach the team on the other sideline.

But hey, he's Cuban, went to Miami, and won a bit in a crappy Pac 10, with an insane amount of money pumping into the program. I personally want an Xs and Os coach for a **** change. Mario doesn't check that box for me. And yeah, I know we won a title in 2001 with a great roster built by Butch Davis, but that isn't going to happen again. ****, even that team nearly lost a couple teams due to poor game day coaching.

As to why I take it personally, it's not really personal. I don't think the program is being run well, and it hasn't been for a very long time. I'm just not going to stick my head in the sand and pretend all is well when it is not.

40 years a fan, and I have seen a lot in that time. What I have seen the last 15+ has been complete ineptitude. Why should I be happy about that?
We lost to a **** good football team on the road in Seattle in 2000 and a **** fine football team in stadium where we were outnumbered 5 to 1 in fans in 2002.

Look, if big money wants to buy Cristobal, then me as a lowly season ticketholder is more than happy the Columbus mafia is going to write the check. Whether it is Cristobal, Herman or Kiffin, Miami becomes immediately relevant again especially in the ACC and nationally. I'm not Nostradamus and neither is anybody on this board. Why get all worked up before you know who is the hire and who the hire selects as his staff?

Advertisement
I'm fed up with the nepotism. Instead of looking for good coaches, we look for ties to the program. Instead of hiring a coach that can get the job done, they make every excuse under the sun not to hire them, in order to hire the one they want.

Don't get me wrong, Mario is far better than Manny. My problem is we zoom in on one guy because he is a Miami guy, or gets the culture, and ignore other top coaches that would love to coach here. And no, even though Mario is better than Manny, I do not think he is the best coach we can get. I do not trust him to bring in the OC we'd need to maximize our talent. I do not trust him to get his team ready week in and week out. I do not believe that even with a decided talent advantage, he can outcoach the team on the other sideline.

But hey, he's Cuban, went to Miami, and won a bit in a crappy Pac 10, with an insane amount of money pumping into the program. I personally want an Xs and Os coach for a **** change. Mario doesn't check that box for me. And yeah, I know we won a title in 2001 with a great roster built by Butch Davis, but that isn't going to happen again. ****, even that team nearly lost a couple teams due to poor game day coaching.

As to why I take it personally, it's not really personal. I don't think the program is being run well, and it hasn't been for a very long time. I'm just not going to stick my head in the sand and pretend all is well when it is not.

40 years a fan, and I have seen a lot in that time. What I have seen the last 15+ has been complete ineptitude. Why should I be happy about that?
It doesnā€™t seem uncommon to zoom in on one guy. What do you think usc and lsu just did ?

Put it this way, if Oregon wants to keep a coach and it comes down to money, Oregon can handle Miami.

Miami has the money to handle Oregon. Phil Knight is worth 61 billion. That is nice. If Oregon was going to sign Cristobal to a $3 billion contract, then yes, UM is probably out of the running. Mario will probably get something like $10 mil a year for 6 years. UM can pay $60 million just as easily as Oregon.

If any article you read says ā€œthey could be keep mannyā€ immediately stop reading and slap yourself.
Cribby, if Manny wasnā€™t an option. They would have already let him go (buyout is over). Heā€™s plan B or C right now. Actually smart of the Admin.

Not like keeping manny helps us recruit. If heā€™s fired guys can get out of their NLI

Cribby, if Manny wasnā€™t an option. They would have already let him go (buyout is over). Heā€™s plan B or C right now. Actually smart of the Admin.

Not like keeping manny helps us recruit. If heā€™s fired guys can get out of their NLI
Not before tonightā€™s game. Weā€™ll see soon enough.

Advertisement
Back