Inside the U article by David Lake

Manny returning if there isn't an "upgrade" is really concerning. What do they view as an upgrade? Hopefully this group isn't all in on Mario or bust.

Sounds like it'll be Mario, but if not, and they choose Manny year 4 over Lane who wants the job, and don't see him as an upgrade, we truly don't want to/are too incompetent to win.

Advertisement
They don't want an upgrade at HC. They want their one guy. No one can ever convince me there is only one **** upgrade out there. ****, there are 100. I'm sick of this crap.

Personally I don't think they go through all this trouble w/o already some indications that Mario would accept with the right assurances. One of the main backers is related to Mario by marriage. Talk about back channels...lol

Advertisement
Manny returning if there isn't an "upgrade" is really concerning. What do they view as an upgrade? Hopefully this group isn't all in on Mario or bust.

Sounds like it'll be Mario, but if not, and they choose Manny year 4 over Lane who wants the job, and don't see him as an upgrade, we truly don't want to/are too incompetent to win.
I don't think that Manny being brought back is a foregone conclusion of Mario's says no

To make a long story short - Julio Frenk has stepped up in leadership and walled off the AD and HC search process from the Hecht and BOT as he sees the bad leadership there. They’re mad that they’re cut off. Only Más and Lemonis are involved - both Columbus guys. If the BOT withholds money, the Columbus guys and Ruiz can step in, particularly Ruiz.

Mario is friends with Gino Toretta and respects Columbus alum Alonzo Highsmith’s football knowledge and both or either being in the AD would give him the allies that he needs there.

They're in a position now where Mario will listen to an offer after his game tonight. He was never working for Blake James. Oregon has an extension ready as well. That he hasn’t signed that and that Manny doesn’t have a new OC is telling that this is in play. If not for the loss to FSU, apparently we wouldn’t be here. That said, if no Mario, it’s not a certainty that Diaz doesn’t return.

The head coach situation is likely to happen by Tuesday??? It might happen before the AD is chosen.
for the love of god, I hope its formally buttoning everything up for an HC announcement tonight and hey guy you wanna coach here

Advertisement
There are TONS of upgrades out there. And Miami, with their newfound money could surely get some of them.

Burt none of them are of the caliber of Mario on paper. Not as a coach, not as a fit, not in their ability to win over the very, very tempestuous Miami community immediately.

You're looking at this backwards. It's not that there is only one upgrade out there for Miami. It's that there is a top 10 HBC out there that is way above what we deserve right now, and the only reason we are in it for him is BECAUSE he's a son of Miami. Use what you got. You think we are getting better than Mario right now, you're bat**** crazy.
No, you are. If you are more concerned with optics within the community, you have already resigned yourself to settling for a coach for the wrong reasons.

The buyout number was a rumor. Everything you hear is from media and it's mostly made up.

I would not be surprised if Mario asked Miami not to fire Manny until after the game so he is not distracted for the PAC12 game.
I’m firing manny during the game idc idc idc lololol

They're in a position now where Mario will listen to an offer after his game tonight. He was never working for Blake James. Oregon has an extension ready as well. That he hasn’t signed that and that Manny doesn’t have a new OC is telling that this is in play. If not for the loss to FSU, apparently we wouldn’t be here. That said, if no Mario, it’s not a certainty that Diaz doesn’t return.

best 4th and 14 ***** up of all time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I keep going back to alignment. They are basically going to pitch to a guy who already has a top job in the country a job without an athletic director?? I'm skeptical. I'm sorry but I am. If Mario is as structured and as organized as I hear, the hope is basically to match the money and hope coming back home is enough. Big gamble.
The feel seems to be that presenting him a list of AD candidates, money, and resources will be enough.

This all sets up nicely for Miami to strike out on its “upgrades”, decide to keep Manny as a last resort, and kneecap any chance at salvaging this pitiful recruiting class by keeping everyone in limbo for so long.
At this point I kind of want them to do that so I can quit this team.

It would be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Advertisement
Back