Impact of hard rock stadium

The fans have one job.

We don't deserve coastal championships, we don't deserve ACC championships, we don't deserve national championships.

The fans have a responsibility help the coaches and the team get over the hump by doing their part. PERIOD.

We have a right to complain, we have a right to want better but we still have to our part. There is no reason to set fire to every staff at every sign of trouble it's disgusting and counterproductive. The team is a reflection of the fanbase.
Well said.

Advertisement
This team hasn't earned my attendance. I usually fly in for one or two games a year, but I won't be doing that this year.

Try putting a product on the field that at least somewhat resembles Miami Hurricane football, and people will show up.

You almost lost to Central Michigan. Don't cry when the chickens come home to roost.
You're part of the problem

Our fan base is all of South Florida and beyond. Hard Rocks location is more convenient for more fans then Coral Gables would be. Also you alcohol consumers would have to sneak in your supply (from what I've experienced at on campus stadiums they are alcohol not allowed) where as Hard Rock can serve alcohol. For those who don't imbibe there is an alcohol free section at Hard Rock. ;)

I was in the stadium for Washington in 2001, Florida in 2003, HR for the OB against FSU.

Nothing compares to that night in 2017. As I've mentioned before my father is a lifelong Canes fan who never really was able to go to any marquee games and I took him to that game as a Birthday gift. He coached Trajan Bandy as a 65lber at Suniland. When Trajan took that pick to the house it was one of the best football moments of my life. Truly a memory I will never forget.
UM ND 17.jpg

Advertisement
It’s no secret when the stadium is near full capacity the Stadium can create a hostile environment for opposing teams. I Feel like the team needs that more than ever right now. Look what Notre dame athletic writer had to say about the Miami /Nd game vs the recent Notre dame uga game. UGA’s Sanford stadium is almost 95,000 seats total compared to 65’000 or so to hard rock stadium but the writer said Miami’s atmosphere was essentially more electric and loud. The team needs this during this home stand that can turn the season around

View attachment 97922

Trevon hill has an interesting perspective because he was on the other side of the field and he remembers how that Night vs va tech was in 2017

Looks like Nesta is ready
View attachment 97923

I still remember how exciting both of those games were and being in the stadium. Rosier running in TDs where the students and young alumni sit (in both game). Bandy pick six before the half. Watching the games afterward on TV and being shocked at the homefield advantage. Absolute chills. Those games were the ones where I thought we had turned the corner from a "lucky undefeated team" to the magic being back. It's crazy how quickly we were able to hit those highs, and drop back down to earth

You acting like the tickets are overpriced. They are $15 for Tech and $14 for Virginia in prime time. You probably eat McDonald 6 times a week for more than that
Don't forget parking. If you have kids etc the cost can get up there. And let's not talk about the fans that don't live close (like me).

I can tell you that enough fans come from Palm Beach County to justify it. It's anecdotal, but I know baseball fans who no longer go to Marlins games because it's too far south. A stadium right off the turnpike is doable, but in the middle of the city known for horrible traffic isn't happening

Baseball and Football are two entirely different things. Apples and Oranges. 6 Saturday games vs. 81 games a year is not a good comparison. Plus, the Marlins are unwatchable. Canes aren’t too far behind. I use to work for a one of the major franchises in Miami. I was in a Marketing Department and had my own office at SLS. I can tell you Broward fans like to make themselves feel more important then what they really are. Win and fans will come unless you’re playing 81 games in the middle of no where.

A lot of you guys I can tell just started going to games in the last 15 years. UM games have always been scarcely attended. (not sure if that is a word but you get my point) Even in the golden age. The city comes out when UM gives them a reason to come out.

But that is for ALL sports in this town. Anybody check out the attendance of Heat games lately since Lebron left?

Dolphin fans are just dumb. They have blind loyalty to a horrible franchise. Stephen Ross can have a press conference and openly say they are going to tank the season and try to go 0-16 and they will still get 55-60k fans out there for every home game.

UM is just different. We have 35-40k loyal fans who will be there no matter what. The other 25-30k show up when UM is the hottest ticket in town.

If we beat VT and look decent-good doing it, I can see 60-65k on a Friday night against UVA. Especially with some hype around it. (I suspect VT attendance will be about 50k.) Ill be there but I cant blame anyone else for a "wait and see" approach. There is a lot to do in South Florida and wasting your whole Saturday away on the garbage we saw against CMU isn't fun I don't care how big of a fan you are.

Advertisement
Baseball and Football are two entirely different things. Apples and Oranges. 6 Saturday games vs. 81 games a year is not a good comparison. Plus, the Marlins are unwatchable. Canes aren’t too far behind. I use to work for a one of the major franchises in Miami. I was in a Marketing Department and had my own office at SLS. I can tell you Broward fans like to make themselves feel more important then what they really are. Win and fans will come unless you’re playing 81 games in the middle of no where.
When someone is sitting next to me at spring training telling me how they used to go to games and now don't because they don't want to go into Miami, I'll have to explain to them how they're wrong.

Much respect sir!!

its reall all my brother. He went to Um and actually had classes with Jim Kelly(even though Jim hardly showed up) shhh. I could barely get into college and ended up at MDCC. But got to hang out at the ZBT just next to campus as a young pup.

I can’t blame people for not going to every game. People don’t want to spend hard earned money for a ****** product. That’s why the stadium is packed in 2017.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That game was so weird and cool. Day game, 60% full stadium, it starts pouring rain... And it suddenly gets REALLY ******* loud. I was looking around trying to figure out what was going on -- loudest I've ever heard a crowd that size.

I was there and it was phucking weird af and cool. Meh game and atmosphere, rain starts pouring, and you could just feel something change. It was awesome and super freaky. Restless indian spirits coming awake or some chit.

Advertisement
Back