Impact of hard rock stadium

Advertisement
VT doesn’t have much of a pulse so I doubt it’ll be wild there’s but UVA game will be no matter what the ND outcome is. Can’t blame the fans for being a little lackluster about a team halfassing it

Yawn. If they start playing exciting, great football, whipping opponents big and small alike, the stadium will come along nicely. It's not on the fans, or the stadium. It's on the team.
Nebraska has been just as awful as us for almost 2 decades and yet, their fans sell out every game, no matter the team or time of day.

And save me the “Miami is different than Lincoln” or “there are actually things to do in Miami” bullsh*t. At the end of the day, it comes down to whether fans care enough to show up or just want to be keyboard warriors.

As someone that has 6 front low lowers I can tell you I screamed my *** off every game that season. So did everyone in my seats. We constantly yelled at everyone to get loud. And yes, it works. However, it’s year 4 since Golden and this team hasn’t shown anything. That team showed guts and won close games. It’s a night and day difference. This team needs to stomp Vtech without our help. Then they’ll get it vs UVA.

Advertisement
I have to wonder if any critics have ever sat in the bleacher type seats in the swamp. It is the most uncomfortable, hottest place I have ever been. A friend went there last week and got sunburned so bad plus he is a big guy and said he was squeezed in between two other big sweaty rednecks and will never try that again. His son from Tennessee did it as a favor, some favor.

First off great post The VT and ND games were on another level and fullly captured the potential of hardrock

Not to make excuses about that disgraceful performance last Saturday , but i truly believe part of the slow start was lack of support .. if Hardrock is rocking it has a tangible impact on how we perform. Gators 2013 , ND and VT 2017, FSU 2014&2016 (although losses) when hardrock is full it’s just different , our fan base as a whole is just different . And our players seem to be effected imo

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have to wonder if any critics have ever sat in the bleacher type seats in the swamp. It is the most uncomfortable, hottest place I have ever been. A friend went there last week and got sunburned so bad plus he is a big guy and said he was squeezed in between two other big sweaty rednecks and will never try that again. His son from Tennessee did it as a favor, some favor.

The Swamp is the most miserable place I have ever attended a college football game.

But it is located on their campus, which makes it light years superior to our venue

It is hilarious that we are desperate to emulate everybody else's offense while trying to rationalize that our next-county stadium is perfectly fine.

There is no question which one of those alterations would be superior for the program in the long run, which is all that matters.

It’s no secret when the stadium is near full capacity the Stadium can create a hostile environment for opposing teams. I Feel like the team needs that more than ever right now. Look what Notre dame athletic writer had to say about the Miami /Nd game vs the recent Notre dame uga game. UGA’s Sanford stadium is almost 95,000 seats total compared to 65’000 or so to hard rock stadium but the writer said Miami’s atmosphere was essentially more electric and loud. The team needs this during this home stand that can turn the season around

View attachment 97922

Just curious - where was this taken from?

Advertisement
I still believe that the program would benefit immensely from an on campus stadium but it won’t happen. Well not as long as the people of Coral Gables have a say in it.

Advertisement
Not gonna happen, this fanbase waits until its an event before they show up. Not the other way around. I'd bet about 50k show up, which isnt a bad crowd per Miami standards
If there are 50k, it will be loud as ****. Physics matter. The acoustics of the stadium are louder than its open-air counterparts.

If the players/coaches wanted big crowds or better atmosphere, they should have handled business against a below average UNC team and should have blown out CMU last week. We would be 3-1, ranked in the top 25, and have a ton of momentum moving forward.

As someone who sat through the entire CMU game last week, I can tell you it was some of the worst football I've ever watched. That kind of performance isn't going to make people rush to buy tickets.

Richt had us rolling. This was before he ran out of gas.

We were top 10 and undefeated going into that game. That was an exciting year and Richt had built a lot of buzz around the program being both a proven coach and having results on the field.

You can't hire an inexperienced coordinator, start 2-2, struggle with a MAC team, and play ugly football and expect people to pack the house. That doesn't work anywhere, at any program.

USC, UF, FSU -- all have recently had miles of empty seats when they weren't performing well.

Play exciting football and win games, and the fans and recruits will come. (We had a top 10 class that year).

Advertisement
Back