Impact of hard rock stadium

Advertisement
Richt had us rolling. This was before he ran out of gas.

We were top 10 and undefeated going into that game. That was an exciting year and Richt had built a lot of buzz around the program being both a proven coach and having results on the field.

You can't hire an inexperienced coordinator, start 2-2, struggle with a MAC team, and play ugly football and expect people to pack the house. That doesn't work anywhere, at any program.

USC, UF, FSU -- all have recently had miles of empty seats when they weren't performing well.

Play exciting football and win games, and the fans and recruits will come. (We had a top 10 class that year).
That was a fun year, just rewatched the ND highlights. It's really all been down hill since that night.

****, there was a definite home field advantage in 2017 for GT, when it started raining in the 4th quarter and the average crowd that day woke up.

That game was so weird and cool. Day game, 60% full stadium, it starts pouring rain... And it suddenly gets REALLY ******* loud. I was looking around trying to figure out what was going on -- loudest I've ever heard a crowd that size.

lol the fan base/team relationship is just like the team. OL finally blocks but JWill underthrows the deep ball, or he puts it on the money but the receiver drops it.

Can’t everyone just do their job at the same time? Everyone pull their weight regardless of what anyone else does?

In other words, fans should show AND team should ball. All at the same **** time. Don’t wait for the other guy do do his job as a condition of doing yours.

It’s no secret when the stadium is near full capacity the Stadium can create a hostile environment for opposing teams. I Feel like the team needs that more than ever right now. Look what Notre dame athletic writer had to say about the Miami /Nd game vs the recent Notre dame uga game. UGA’s Sanford stadium is almost 95,000 seats total compared to 65’000 or so to hard rock stadium but the writer said Miami’s atmosphere was essentially more electric and loud. The team needs this during this home stand that can turn the season around

View attachment 97922

Trevon hill has an interesting perspective because he was on the other side of the field and he remembers how that Night vs va tech was in 2017

Looks like Nesta is ready
View attachment 97923

Love this!

Advertisement
So the underperformance against CMU is as a result of a small crowd? Is there no accountability from the coaches and players for the lack of effort? I hope that is not the message that is really being preached in practice and as a takeaway from that train wreck that we barely escaped.

That being said, I will be there rain or shine for the remainder of the season. If this is just a response to that tweet, I’ll buy in to support my Canes. But please don’t try to use that as an excuse from underperforming against crappy teams. The team does need support and we are hitting the heart of our schedule (which is by far and large better than the last two weeks) and need to win out to get the momentum built. If you’re local, support your team. But be careful what you ask for as a player. If the team doesn’t show up with a decent crowd, I will say that is the first shovel in the ground that will bury this team in this town. Good luck getting any buy in after that.

I have to wonder if any critics have ever sat in the bleacher type seats in the swamp. It is the most uncomfortable, hottest place I have ever been. A friend went there last week and got sunburned so bad plus he is a big guy and said he was squeezed in between two other big sweaty rednecks and will never try that again. His son from Tennessee did it as a favor, some favor.
That's something all the on campus stadiums advocates never consider. They're imagining an NFL stadium on campus, complete with stadium seats and club suites. What they'll get is bleachers.

The Swamp is the most miserable place I have ever attended a college football game.

But it is located on their campus, which makes it light years superior to our venue

It is hilarious that we are desperate to emulate everybody else's offense while trying to rationalize that our next-county stadium is perfectly fine.

There is no question which one of those alterations would be superior for the program in the long run, which is all that matters.
This on-campus stadium thing is so tired and overplayed. The school has 17,000 students TOTAL. Even if every one went to the game, that's not how we fill the stands. Are there more people likely to attend a Canes game from West Broward or La Saguesera? Having lived in both areas, I'd say it's probably about even (and possibly more from Broward).

Advertisement
That's something all the on campus stadiums advocates never consider. They're imagining an NFL stadium on campus, complete with stadium seats and club suites. What they'll get is bleachers.

Antsy Booger has never actually attended a game so his opinion is null and void. Clearly has never set foot on campus, or knows anything about the Gables, otherwise he would know on-campus is literally impossible.

The guy is actually a USCw fan for those that didn’t know.

This on-campus stadium thing is so tired and overplayed. The school has 17,000 students TOTAL. Even if every one went to the game, that's not how we fill the stands. Are there more people likely to attend a Canes game from West Broward or La Saguesera? Having lived in both areas, I'd say it's probably about even (and possibly more from Broward).

I don’t think we should leave HR but this is a myth more Broward fans attend Canes games than Dade.

Advertisement
I don’t think we should leave HR but this is a myth more Broward fans attend Canes games than Dade.
It could be. I do not know the percentage breakdown. It is obvious as a now-Broward resident that a large percentage of our Broward fans are ex-Dade residents too.

I can tell you that enough fans come from Palm Beach County to justify it. It's anecdotal, but I know baseball fans who no longer go to Marlins games because it's too far south. A stadium right off the turnpike is doable, but in the middle of the city known for horrible traffic isn't happening

Advertisement
That game was so weird and cool. Day game, 60% full stadium, it starts pouring rain... And it suddenly gets REALLY ******* loud. I was looking around trying to figure out what was going on -- loudest I've ever heard a crowd that size.

I watched that game on tv and even the commentators were absolutely perplexed at how loud it suddenly got

Next week wont be like this but if we win and we look good that Friday night game with a ranked opponent coming in has a chance to be special.

Advertisement
Back