Impact of hard rock stadium

I’ll say it again. In 2001 when we were the best team in college football and got robbed of the 2000 title we opened up a can of orange and green whoop *** at pedo state with 100k waving the ***oty white towels.
The next weekend against Mcnee state for the home opener there was around 40k in the seats. You can literally look that sht up.
Stop the bs that recruits care about this. This is an opposing fan base narrative the gets blown way tf out of proportion. The way the season ended as well as the way this season started I’m surprised there was actually that many people for the last 2 games.
Even in the 80’s no one showed up for bs opponents and that was before the heat and the marlins. And no one gave a sht.

Advertisement
A lot of you guys I can tell just started going to games in the last 15 years. UM games have always been scarcely attended. (not sure if that is a word but you get my point) Even in the golden age. The city comes out when UM gives them a reason to come out.

But that is for ALL sports in this town. Anybody check out the attendance of Heat games lately since Lebron left?

Dolphin fans are just dumb. They have blind loyalty to a horrible franchise. Stephen Ross can have a press conference and openly say they are going to tank the season and try to go 0-16 and they will still get 55-60k fans out there for every home game.

UM is just different. We have 35-40k loyal fans who will be there no matter what. The other 25-30k show up when UM is the hottest ticket in town.

If we beat VT and look decent-good doing it, I can see 60-65k on a Friday night against UVA. Especially with some hype around it. (I suspect VT attendance will be about 50k.) Ill be there but I cant blame anyone else for a "wait and see" approach. There is a lot to do in South Florida and wasting your whole Saturday away on the garbage we saw against CMU isn't fun I don't care how big of a fan you are.

Imagine bashing a fanbase for being fans. I wish we had that same sort of blind loyalty because then we wouldn't have this problem.Anyone who tells people not to go to games isn't a fan and doesn't have the schools best interest at heart. PERIOD.

Imagine being the guy who complains about the school not spending more money on the football program then telling people to stop going to the game basically cutting some of the football revenue. Yea good luck getting the admin to invest on a 7Mill HC when every time they go visit the games it a ghost town. In reality Admin thinks the fan doesn't care so they are not PRESSURED to have to care.

Leverage as a fanbase is to not go to games when you DO regularly fill the stadium not when you regularly don't. When your fanbase routinely goes to games but decides not to because of the product is terrible the Admin usually gets their sh*t together. When your a fan base as bad as our then it status-quo because as a fanbase we have no leverage. What are you going do? not go to games? You already don't, so the Admin is unbothered. That is the reality.

Last edited:
Imagine bashing a fanbase for being fans. I wish we had that same sort of blind loyalty because then we wouldn't have this problem.Anyone who tells people not to go to games isn't a fan and doesn't have the schools best interest at heart. PERIOD.

Imagine being the guy who complains about the school not spending more money on the football program then telling people to stop going to the game especially cutting some of the football revenue. Y'all good luck getting the admin to invest on a 7Mill HC when every time they go visit the games it a ghost town. In reality Admin thinks the fan doesn't care so they are not PRESSURED to have to care.

Leverage as a fanbase is to not go to games when you DO regularly fill the stadium not when you regularly don't. When your fanbase routinely goes to games but decides not to because of the product is terrible the Admin usually gets their sh*t together. When your a fan base as bad as our then it status-quo because as a fanbase we have no leverage. What are you going do? not go to games? You already don't, so the Admin is unbothered. That is the reality.
Ticket sales = money going to the university.

Showing up to games isn’t going to help Miami football. If the fan base really wants to send a message to the athletic department, stop buying tickets. The only way these people will listen, is when their bottom line is affected by ticket sales and concessions

For 16 years, Miami has yet to put a product on the field that is worth paying money to watch

You acting like the tickets are overpriced. They are $15 for Tech and $14 for Virginia in prime time. You probably eat McDonald 6 times a week for more than that

Supply and demand. Obviously, the demand isn't high or tix wouldn't be $15. That should tell you something about the quality of the product.

Also a campus stadium would not solve anything. Campus stadium would be great if our school size was about 35k+ but it 17k not to mention that since the renovations our student section is usually pretty packed. I use to think we needed one but the reality is since the renovations at HR stadium the attendance (or at least ticket sales) have skyrocketed. Go look at the OB (even the championship years) then look at HR before and after the renovations (2016). Even the ticket sales before the renovations were pretty low.

We just need to win consistently and more people will go to games just off the fact they can get tickets under the shade and rain.

Advertisement
Ticket sales = money going to the university.

Showing up to games isn’t going to help Miami football. If the fan base really wants to send a message to the athletic department, stop buying tickets. The only way these people will listen, is when their bottom line is affected by ticket sales and concessions

For 16 years, Miami has yet to put a product on the field that is worth paying money to watch

But we weren't buying tickets before and things were still the same way. Go look at the OB attendance/sales or before the renovation in 2016. Last time I checked we started getting better facilities ad more of an investment on the football program since the increase in ticket sales. You think we'd make a 1 million dollar OC hire before the sales increased? LMAo

You know who can sent a message? Tennessee or Florida State fans, because their fans regularly go to games most years. Those schools relies A LOT on that football revenue so they will do anything to make sure it continues to flow. That's why a guy like Taggart isn't safe despite his buyout and why Al Golden got to year 5. When a school routinely gets 70k+ in attendance and it starts to drop HEADS ROLL.

Last edited:
But we weren't buying tickets before and things were still the same way. Go look at the OB attendance/sales or before the renovation in 2016. Last time I checked we started getting better facilities ad more of an investment on the football program since the increase in ticket sales. You think we'd make a 1 million dollar OC hire before the sales increased? LMAo

You know who can sent a message? Tennessee or Florida State fans, because their fans regularly go to games most years. Those schools relies A LOT on that football revenue so they will do anything to make sure it continues to flow. That's why a guy like Taggart isn't safe despite his buyout When a school routinely gets 70k+ in attendance and it starts to drop HEADS ROLL.

Exactly!!!!! These morons that advocate not going to games need to seriously reexamine their fanhood.

A lot of you guys I can tell just started going to games in the last 15 years. UM games have always been scarcely attended. (not sure if that is a word but you get my point) Even in the golden age. The city comes out when UM gives them a reason to come out.

But that is for ALL sports in this town. Anybody check out the attendance of Heat games lately since Lebron left?

Dolphin fans are just dumb. They have blind loyalty to a horrible franchise. Stephen Ross can have a press conference and openly say they are going to tank the season and try to go 0-16 and they will still get 55-60k fans out there for every home game.

UM is just different. We have 35-40k loyal fans who will be there no matter what. The other 25-30k show up when UM is the hottest ticket in town.

If we beat VT and look decent-good doing it, I can see 60-65k on a Friday night against UVA. Especially with some hype around it. (I suspect VT attendance will be about 50k.) Ill be there but I cant blame anyone else for a "wait and see" approach. There is a lot to do in South Florida and wasting your whole Saturday away on the garbage we saw against CMU isn't fun I don't care how big of a fan you are.
It's not fun when it's garbage, but it's addicting when the team is good and competitive/dominant

Advertisement
I’ll say it again. In 2001 when we were the best team in college football and got robbed of the 2000 title we opened up a can of orange and green whoop *** at pedo state with 100k waving the ***oty white towels.
The next weekend against Mcnee state for the home opener there was around 40k in the seats. You can literally look that sht up.
Stop the bs that recruits care about this. This is an opposing fan base narrative the gets blown way tf out of proportion. The way the season ended as well as the way this season started I’m surprised there was actually that many people for the last 2 games.
Even in the 80’s no one showed up for bs opponents and that was before the heat and the marlins. And no one gave a sht.

Wasn’t Mcneese.....it was Rutgers.

You mean we finally have a Owner who gets it. It only took 25 years to figure out what we needed to do. It annoys the **** out of me when I hear so called Dolphin fans complain about tanking but wonder why we suck every year.

played mcneese in 2000 opener, Rutgers was week after psu in 01. Point stands tho

If you live close enough to travel by car. You should be at every home game.

The problem lies around the fact we have a good portion of our fan base that don't live close. So when you suck and you have to buy a plane ticket to travel or make a long road trip. The incentives may not be that appealing.

We also don't play anyone that has a fan base that wants to see their below avg team play another below average team. Unless they want to also sneak in a trip to Orlando for some enjoyment.

Advertisement
Hurricane fans only show up, and fills the stadium, when they are highly ranked and playing a highly ranked opponent ( 2017 Va. Tech and mighty ND. ). Or at the very least a legitimate Top 15 team will attract Hurricane fans. It also hurts the Hurricanes attendance situation because of the LOW enrollment numbers in stark contrast to other Power 5 programs with ASTRONOMICAL student enrollment numbers. dUh Then one has other factors in the South Florida metropolitan area to consider. And I shouldn't have to list them because the majority of Hurricane fans know of these socio-cultural-entertainment-environmental tangibles ( Outdoor activities and pursuits. dUh ).

The bottom line is Miami, Florida Hurricane football has NEVER been known for selling out their previous stadiums. And that goes back to the days of HS, JJ, DE, BD, LC, RS, Golden Showers, MR and now the diminutive CORCH Diaz.

Hurricane fans only show up, and fills the stadium, when they are highly ranked and playing a highly ranked opponent ( 2017 Va. Tech and mighty ND. ). Or at the very least a legitimate Top 15 team will attract Hurricane fans. It also hurts the Hurricanes attendance situation because of the LOW enrollment numbers in stark contrast to other Power 5 programs with ASTRONOMICAL student enrollment numbers. dUh Then one has other factors in the South Florida metropolitan area to consider. And I shouldn't have to list them because the majority of Hurricane fans know of these socio-cultural-entertainment-environmental tangibles ( Outdoor activities and pursuits. dUh ).

The bottom line is Miami, Florida Hurricane football has NEVER been known for selling out their previous stadiums. And that goes back to the days of HS, JJ, DE, BD, LC, RS, Golden Showers, MR and now the diminutive CORCH Diaz.
Stop making sense, dude.

I live in New York. Until fairly recently, I could only make it to away games in the Northeast. However, since I just landed a full-time teaching job, I’ll probably be able to afford flying down to at least 1 home game a year. And finally having the ability to do that truly means so much to me.

I guess I just don’t get it. If I were fortunate enough to live in South Florida, I’d be at every home game. It’s baffling to me that so many of you could throw a rock from your window and hit the stadium, but you choose to stay home. I would gladly trade places with any of you, as long as you could find me another teaching job...lol.

But in all seriousness, a lot of you don’t know how lucky you are. Please stop wasting that luck and go support our team. If anything, the players deserve it. I’m just as frustrated as most of you, so if you’re going to bytch then do it at the game instead of the game day board.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yep as fans we suck too, if my GF left me when I was broke and came back when I was poppin I'd tell her to kick rocks, we need to support our guys no matter what, if we suck I'll just get mad and say we suck but I'm still supporting.
This is one of the best post on CIS to tell the fairweather fans to shut the fvck up. Real fans support and show up...yeah we get mad and talk crap but we are still invested.

I was there and it was phucking weird af and cool. Meh game and atmosphere, rain starts pouring, and you could just feel something change. It was awesome and super freaky. Restless indian spirits coming awake or some chit.

Yea, you had to be there.

It’s hard to fully describe but it’s like everyone came to life at once.

Advertisement
Back