I'm Rooting For Clemson This Week

I don't know. We recruiting so alpha dogs. You don't want them to think we're ducking opponents ala UFag. We should be differentiating ourselves from them.

The best scenario. is to win out, play Clemson in the ACC championship game and make a good showing of it. Not only would it get us a New Years day bowl (most likely the Orange Bowl), it would show that Manny and crew "gets it" and can improve and grow. Then we have to close out the bowl game.
Thank you. Some of these dudes want to avoid Clemson like that would erase the fact that they beat us 42-17 🤦🏾‍♂️. Play Clemson again and make a game out of it. Improvement doesn't always mean winning. Recruits will acknowledge and respect that more.

Advertisement
A 1 loss Miami and 1 loss ND tie breaker would come down to the ranking metric they’re using which is going to be biased to ND because they beat teams by larger margins on a regular basis and we don’t.

We need UNC to beat them and we need to win out to avoid that controversy because I have a feeling it won’t favor us.

Its based off common opponents. Miami hasn't/doesnt play USF and Duke.
The 3 common opponents so far are Louisville, Pittsburgh, and FSU. Avg margin of victory for ND in those games is 21 points. Avg margin of victory for us in those games is 22 points.

The 3 common opponents so far are Louisville, Pittsburgh, and FSU. Avg margin of victory for ND in those games is 21 points. Avg margin of victory for us in those games is 22 points.
Need Clemson to smoke them. Among other things such as us winning out

Advertisement

Considering the latest standings and the fact that we loss to Clemson, they currently own the tie-breaker over us. Even if Clemson were to lose against ND I don't see a scenario where they would lose another game to an ACC. The much more likely and appealing scenario would be for Clemson to beat ND and ND losing to another ACC team, maybe UNC. In that case we would get a rematch with Clemson in Charlotte for the ACC title.

We still need to handle business for the remainder of the season.
Go Cane's!

I just have a standing rule to root against Notre Dame...period.

A 1 loss Miami and 1 loss ND tie breaker would come down to the ranking metric they’re using which is going to be biased to ND.
This is all you really need to know. If its going to be a third party metric thats not released to the general public does anyone believe that metric or the ACC for that matter wants Miami over ND?

Advertisement
If we lose one game & don't make the acc ship it is what it is. It's still a great season. Obviously you'd like to take a crack at Clemson again but if we don't it won't keep me up at night. I think our defense is looking better on the back end & our DT's are getting better weekly. Just need to ramp it up at LB.

Thanks for doing the homework. Lol

If we lose one game & don't make the acc ship it is what it is. It's still a great season. Obviously you'd like to take a crack at Clemson again but if we don't it won't keep me up at night. I think our defense is looking better on the back end & our DT's are getting better weekly. Just need to ramp it up at LB.
Agree 100%. I'll add one more thing, pass defense needs to improve as well. Our safeties need to be better against the pass, they get to it in the run game but leave a lot to be desired in defending the pass.

This is all you really need to know. If its going to be a third party metric thats not released to the general public does anyone believe that metric or the ACC for that matter wants Miami over ND?
I feel like they would go with ND. Miami vs. Everybody is a real thing. That's why we need to handle business by winning out, and hope ND loses 2 games this season.

Advertisement
It’s record against common opponents (both teams with 1 loss being to Clemson is the same record against common opponents) with no regard to margin in those games

Then, it goes to a 3rd party ranking metric that doesn’t give any validation for the end decision and no information on how they came up with their tie breaker ranking. Not a playoff ranking or AP or S&P, etc

Smells fishy to me

But good point on the margin against common opponents. The sloppiness the last 2 games makes that not seem realistic but that’s a good perspective

I may be in the minority on this site but I will be rooting for Miami this week.

Advertisement
Why would the ACC prefer a non-member over a member?

It’s record against common opponents (both teams with 1 loss being to Clemson is the same record against common opponents) with no regard to margin in those games

Then, it goes to a 3rd party ranking metric that doesn’t give any validation for the end decision and no information on how they came up with their tie breaker ranking. Not a playoff ranking or AP or S&P, etc

Smells fishy to me

But good point on the margin against common opponents. The sloppiness the last 2 games makes that not seem realistic but that’s a good perspective
If it comes down to a 3rd party to come to a decision we're screwed.

I may be in the minority on this site but I will be rooting for Miami this week.
Screenshot_20201016-062758(1).png

Advertisement
Back