I'm Rooting For Clemson This Week

Cane4life18

Senior

Considering the latest standings and the fact that we loss to Clemson, they currently own the tie-breaker over us. Even if Clemson were to lose against ND I don't see a scenario where they would lose another game to an ACC. The much more likely and appealing scenario would be for Clemson to beat ND and ND losing to another ACC team, maybe UNC. In that case we would get a rematch with Clemson in Charlotte for the ACC title.

We still need to handle business for the remainder of the season.
Go Cane's!

Advertisement
I'm not sure but I think if ND we're to lose only one game and that loss being to Clemson, I think they would get a tie-breaker over us from strength of schedule. So that 2nd loss would probably be necessary.

I'm not sure but I think if ND we're to lose only one game and that loss being to Clemson, I think they would get a tie-breaker over us from strength of schedule. So that 2nd loss would probably be necessary.
How do we know what strength of schedule will look like at the end of the year?

A 1 loss Miami and 1 loss ND tie breaker would come down to the ranking metric they’re using which is going to be biased to ND because they beat teams by larger margins on a regular basis and we don’t.

We need UNC to beat them and we need to win out to avoid that controversy because I have a feeling it won’t favor us.

How do we know what strength of schedule will look like at the end of the year?
True but just doing a quick glance at ND's and UM's complete schedule, I'm not even sure who has the edge. I see a whole bunch mediocre or poor team. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Common opponents: UL, FSU, Pitt, GT, Clemson, WF and UNC.
ND's Different Opponents: BC, SYR, Duke, and USF.
UM's Different Opponents: UAB, NC State, UVA, and V. Tech.

Advertisement
A 1 loss Miami and 1 loss ND tie breaker would come down to the ranking metric they’re using which is going to be biased to ND because they beat teams by larger margins on a regular basis and we don’t.

We need UNC to beat them and we need to win out to avoid that controversy because I have a feeling it won’t favor us.
That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the explanation. Their game with WF still needs to be rescheduled, so if UNC can't handle business WF and BC may answer our prayers.

I didn't check but I thought the first tie breaker is head to head; second is performance vs common opponents, starting with those with highest win performance to least.; after that the ranking metric comes into play.

So the common opponents would be : Clemson, UNC, Wake, FSU, Louisville, Pitt, GTech

I didn't check but I thought the first tie breaker is head to head; second is performance vs common opponents, starting with those with highest win performance to least.; after that the ranking metric comes into play.

So the common opponents would be : Clemson, UNC, Wake, FSU, Louisville, Pitt, GTech
So going on common opponents we need to crush GTech and WF. We have the edge in the FSU and UL games. The Clemson will be a lot closer than our gamescore.

Advertisement
We can win no tie-breaker with Notre Dump when it comes to ANY committee making a choice.Very few /if any schools would.But this will work to our advantage.

I think our best bet would be to get to a tie-breaker for appearance sake then let Notre Dump go get beat again by Clemson and us go to a bowl where we have a chance of winning and finish out the season on a high note as opposed to getting curb stomped by Clemson on national TV again then going to the orange bowl and getting whipped again by another top 5-8 team like last time.

we ARE NOT good enough yet to compete with the top teams yet and anyone that thinks otherwise needs to take those orange and green shades off.Im not saying this to be a Debbie Downer or any other negative reason just facing fact.
For appearance sake and for recruiting I want our last appearance to be a win.we win our last game in a bowl and that’s all recruits will remember.Miami finished on a win.

If we get curbstomped in back to back games like happened the last time we played in the ACCCG then the OB To end the season and that’s what recruits will remember and the media will be there to help them remember it.

finishing the year 9-2/10-1 then winning our bowl game is a lot more important than going to the ACCCG just to say we made it.There’s always the “ we should have made it to the game but we got screwed by Notre Dump again” mantra which is a lot easier to sell to recruits than to try and explain back to back smack downs in the ACCCG and OB...Jmho.

Advertisement
We can win no tie-breaker with Notre Dump when it comes to ANY committee making a choice.Very few /if any schools would.But this will work to our advantage.

I think our best bet would be to get to a tie-breaker for appearance sake then let Notre Dump go get beat again by Clemson and us go to a bowl where we have a chance of winning and finish out the season on a high note as opposed to getting curb stomped by Clemson on national TV again then going to the orange bowl and getting whipped again by another top 5-8 team like last time.

we ARE NOT good enough yet to compete with the top teams yet and anyone that thinks otherwise needs to take those orange and green shades off.Im not saying this to be a Debbie Downer or any other negative reason just facing fact.
For appearance sake and for recruiting I want our last appearance to be a win.we win our last game in a bowl and that’s all recruits will remember.Miami finished on a win.

If we get curbstomped in back to back games like happened the last time we played in the ACCCG then the OB To end the season and that’s what recruits will remember and the media will be there to help them remember it.

finishing the year 9-2/10-1 then winning our bowl game is a lot more important than going to the ACCCG just to say we made it.There’s always the “ we should have made it to the game but we got screwed by Notre Dump again” mantra which is a lot easier to sell to recruits than to try and explain back to back smack downs in the ACCCG and OB...Jmho.
I 100% get what you're saying, and I 100% disagree with you. We are the U, we don't duck competition. Clemson did us a favor by beating us 42-17. It woke us up out of the dream we were having by exposing our weaknesses. Adjustments have been made, and the team is learning how to win and learning how hard winning is. Our players are growing, our coaches are growing, and most importantly the team is growing as a whole. We will be a different team at the end of the season.

If we were to make it to the ACCCG then that means we won out and handled business. That means a 9-1 record on the season. If we play Clemson again anything can happen. If we lose, then so be it, it's called growing pains. We can sell recruits on being a top 7 - 10 team that's almost there but is missing a piece or two before we can beat a team like Clemson. Top 10 Miami team will recruit very well.

Always remember nothing is given in life, everything has to be earned. I don't care about perspective, continue to get better. If that means another *** whooping from Clemson then so be it, but hoping to avoid Clemson because of "appearance" or perspective is weak.

Advertisement
I don’t care if we were in 7th place; I will never find myself rooting for ND unless they were the key to us making a CFP spot, and even then I would be like, witf are we relying upon ND to help us get to the CFP?
I don't even think this year's ND is that good. If we played against them this year I would expect us to beat them. Ian Book is an average QB, our defense would need to be stout vs the run and we would be able to dictate their offense. Our Dline would get after Book and create problems for him.

I don't even think this year's ND is that good. If we played against them this year I would expect us to beat them. Ian Book is an average QB, our defense would need to be stout vs the run and we would be able to dictate their offense. Our Dline would get after Book and create problems for him.
I’m just mad they get to be apart of our championship game contention w/o them being a full time member. That really ****es me off. Either fully commit or get the Fck out, and stop catering to these bytches.

I 100% get what you're saying, and I 100% disagree with you. We are the U, we don't duck competition. Clemson did us a favor by beating us 42-17. It woke us up out of the dream we were having by exposing our weaknesses. Adjustments have been made, and the team is learning how to win and learning how hard winning is. Our players are growing, our coaches are growing, and most importantly the team is growing as a whole. We will be a different team at the end of the season.

If we were to make it to the ACCCG then that means we won out and handled business. That means a 9-1 record on the season. If we play Clemson again anything can happen. If we lose, then so be it, it's called growing pains. We can sell recruits on being a top 7 - 10 team that's almost there but is missing a piece or two before we can beat a team like Clemson. Top 10 Miami team will recruit very well.

Always remember nothing is given in life, everything has to be earned. I don't care about perspective, continue to get better. If that means another *** whooping from Clemson then so be it, but hoping to avoid Clemson because of "appearance" or perspective is weak.
I agree, Cane4life18. And, what if... we just happen to pull an ND '17 and beat Clemson? Then we go to the playoffs and recruiting blows up.

Advertisement
Back