I'm Rooting For Clemson This Week

I don't even think this year's ND is that good. If we played against them this year I would expect us to beat them. Ian Book is an average QB, our defense would need to be stout vs the run and we would be able to dictate their offense. Our Dline would get after Book and create problems for him.
Can't agree here, ND would be a problem for us. Not un-winable, but a handful for sure.

Advertisement
I’m just mad they get to be apart of our championship game contention w/o them being a full time member. That really ****es me off. Either fully commit or get the Fck out, and stop catering to these bytches.
I think it's a one year deal - ND love being an independent.

As others have said it could be a blessing in disguise. If we can win out and avoid having to play Clemson again it might be good for optics with recruits.

Personally I want to play for the ACC Championship, but we wouldn't win it against this Clemson team.

Advertisement
True but just doing a quick glance at ND's and UM's complete schedule, I'm not even sure who has the edge. I see a whole bunch mediocre or poor team. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Common opponents: UL, FSU, Pitt, GT, Clemson, WF and UNC.
ND's Different Opponents: BC, SYR, Duke, and USF.
UM's Different Opponents: UAB, NC State, UVA, and V. Tech.
A win over anybody not named Clemson in the ACC is
True but just doing a quick glance at ND's and UM's complete schedule, I'm not even sure who has the edge. I see a whole bunch mediocre or poor team. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Common opponents: UL, FSU, Pitt, GT, Clemson, WF and UNC.
ND's Different Opponents: BC, SYR, Duke, and USF.
UM's Different Opponents: UAB, NC State, UVA, and V. Tech.
To my eyes Miami's schedule is a little harder. I will take UAB over So. Fla. I will take NC st and V.T. over Syracuse and Duke. I will give ND the nod with BC over UVA. Any win over a team not named Clemson in the ACC is not worth much.

A win over anybody not named Clemson in the ACC is

To my eyes Miami's schedule is a little harder. I will take UAB over So. Fla. I will take NC st and V.T. over Syracuse and Duke. I will give ND the nod with BC over UVA. Any win over a team not named Clemson in the ACC is not worth much.
That's a ridiculous statement. Have you been watching college football this season? A win is a win. Is it the equivalent of beating Clemson, no. But don't devalue a win, winning is too hard to devalue. We went 6 - 7 last year playing these same ACC teams, don't forget that.

Last edited:
Fvck Notre Dame

They need to lose every single game. In a tie breaker, we beat Louisville by 12, they beat them by 5.

Advertisement
I 100% get what you're saying, and I 100% disagree with you. We are the U, we don't duck competition. Clemson did us a favor by beating us 42-17. It woke us up out of the dream we were having by exposing our weaknesses. Adjustments have been made, and the team is learning how to win and learning how hard winning is. Our players are growing, our coaches are growing, and most importantly the team is growing as a whole. We will be a different team at the end of the season.

If we were to make it to the ACCCG then that means we won out and handled business. That means a 9-1 record on the season. If we play Clemson again anything can happen. If we lose, then so be it, it's called growing pains. We can sell recruits on being a top 7 - 10 team that's almost there but is missing a piece or two before we can beat a team like Clemson. Top 10 Miami team will recruit very well.

Always remember nothing is given in life, everything has to be earned. I don't care about perspective, continue to get better. If that means another *** whooping from Clemson then so be it, but hoping to avoid Clemson because of "appearance" or perspective is weak.

in case you haven’t noticed here’s a hint..we haven’t been The U and we will take on all comers in a decade and a half.

Perception means a lot in recruiting and spending the whole year to give the perception we are back only to get slapped around by Clemson and whoever we’d play in the OB would ruin all the perception we’d have created during the year during the year that we were pretty good.

this team is getting better but we are nowhere near being ready to play any of the top 5-6 teams and maybe not ready for any of the top 15-16.
I try not to look at things through orange and green glasses.This defense we have is terrible and it looks like We all might have crowned Lashlee a bit early.I’d rather end the season giving recruits the perception we are a good team worth joining than getting our asses beat a couple times to end the season and waste it.

Can't agree here, ND would be a problem for us. Not un-winable, but a handful for sure.
When I look at that ND squad other than their run game, I don't see where they would give us much problems. Their is good but not great. Their offense is predicated on the run, you stop the run you force Ian Book to beat you either passing or scrambling.

in case you haven’t noticed here’s a hint..we haven’t been The U and we will take on all comers in a decade and a half.

Perception means a lot in recruiting and spending the whole year to give the perception we are back only to get slapped around by Clemson and whoever we’d play in the OB would ruin all the perception we’d have created during the year during the year that we were pretty good.

this team is getting better but we are nowhere near being ready to play any of the top 5-6 teams and maybe not ready for any of the top 15-16.
I try not to look at things through orange and green glasses.This defense we have is terrible and it looks like We all might have crowned Lashlee a bit early.I’d rather end the season giving recruits the perception we are a good team worth joining than getting our asses beat a couple times to end the season and waste it.
I'm not fan of intentionally avoiding teams because you think they'll beat you. That's a soft mentality to have. No matter what happens we'll always be the U, we we're down before and rose back to prominence by beating a UCLA team that was supposedly better than us.

You're theory is flawed too. Recruits have eyes as well, they can clearly see who looks inferior from one team to the next the same way we can. You're trying to create an illusion that isn't real. The illusion becomes real when you beat a team like Clemson. That can only happen if you play Clemson.

I don’t care if we were in 7th place; I will never find myself rooting for ND unless they were the key to us making a CFP spot, and even then I would be like, witf are we relying upon ND to help us get to the CFP?

Well said.

I have always said that my second favorite team each and every weekend is whoever is playing ND.

Advertisement
I'm not fan of intentionally avoiding teams because you think they'll beat you. That's a soft mentality to have. No matter what happens we'll always be the U, we we're down before and rose back to prominence by beating a UCLA team that was supposedly better than us.

You're theory is flawed too. Recruits have eyes as well, they can clearly see who looks inferior from one team to the next the same way we can. You're trying to create an illusion that isn't real. The illusion becomes real when you beat a team like Clemson. That can only happen if you play Clemson.
You have your opinion and I’m fine with that but if you think we are beating Clemson or any other team with a pulse with this defense I don’t know what to tell you.Dont know how long you’ve been a Cane fan but I’ve been one for 60 years so I’ve learned to take off my glasses when evaluating things and call it like it Is not how I want it to be.
Good news is the early signing period would be over by the time we played them and the bowl game so there’s a plus in that.

Considering the latest standings and the fact that we loss to Clemson, they currently own the tie-breaker over us. Even if Clemson were to lose against ND I don't see a scenario where they would lose another game to an ACC. The much more likely and appealing scenario would be for Clemson to beat ND and ND losing to another ACC team, maybe UNC. In that case we would get a rematch with Clemson in Charlotte for the ACC title.

We still need to handle business for the remainder of the season.
Go Cane's!

Bet big. Clemson will beat them by 2 tds minimum.

Advertisement
Bet big. Clemson will beat them by 2 tds minimum.
I don't see Clemson winning that big. It's at ND and DJ's first time playing as the away team. This is going to be a few steps up from the BC team he just played. Clemson -3 is more realistic.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back