I'm Rooting For Clemson This Week

Advertisement

Considering the latest standings and the fact that we loss to Clemson, they currently own the tie-breaker over us. Even if Clemson were to lose against ND I don't see a scenario where they would lose another game to an ACC. The much more likely and appealing scenario would be for Clemson to beat ND and ND losing to another ACC team, maybe UNC. In that case we would get a rematch with Clemson in Charlotte for the ACC title.

We still need to handle business for the remainder of the season.
Go Cane's!

I can see that the tweet went out on Nov 1 but that’s not the current standings. UNC has 2 conference loses FSU and Virginia . Below are the standings

1604313706012.png

Considering the latest standings and the fact that we loss to Clemson, they currently own the tie-breaker over us. Even if Clemson were to lose against ND I don't see a scenario where they would lose another game to an ACC. The much more likely and appealing scenario would be for Clemson to beat ND and ND losing to another ACC team, maybe UNC. In that case we would get a rematch with Clemson in Charlotte for the ACC title.

Go Cane's!

Besides Clemson ND will lose to either BC or UNC. Sabe this post

Advertisement

Go Cane's!

We will see what we are made of now. Our remaining games are against the best teams in conference outside of Notre Dame.

I didn't check but I thought the first tie breaker is head to head; second is performance vs common opponents, starting with those with highest win performance to least.; after that the ranking metric comes into play.

So the common opponents would be : Clemson, UNC, Wake, FSU, Louisville, Pitt, GTech
So far don't we have a better performance against commons or did the ND vs Pitt game ***** us?

We aren't a playoff team. We've already seen how we match up with a playoff team.
Still doesn't mean you can't sneak into the playoffs. There has been plenty of teams that weren't playoff caliber that got into the top 4. Michigan St., FSU, ND are just some examples.

We will see what we are made of now. Our remaining games are against the best teams in conference outside of Notre Dame.
We have some interesting opponents left. V. Tech, WF and UNC in particular. This NC State will tell me about our coaching staff moreso than our player. If lose and become 0-5 coming off of bye weeks, I'll know this coach Diaz is incompetent.

Advertisement
Holy *** there's a discussion here? nd for the LOSS.. anything else turn your Cane's card over to your girlfriend cause she's got bigger balls.

Advertisement
Holy *** there's a discussion here? nd for the LOSS.. anything else turn your Cane's card over to your girlfriend cause she's got bigger balls.
Say it louder for the people in the back! We really have Cane's fans rooting for ND 🤦🏾‍♂️. What is the world coming to.

Advertisement
I think it's a one year deal - ND love being an independent.

As others have said it could be a blessing in disguise. If we can win out and avoid having to play Clemson again it might be good for optics with recruits.

Personally I want to play for the ACC Championship, but we wouldn't win it against this Clemson team.
I don't know. We recruiting some alpha dogs. You don't want them to think we're ducking opponents ala UFag. We should be differentiating ourselves from them.

The best scenario. is to win out, play Clemson in the ACC championship game and make a good showing of it. Not only would it get us a New Years day bowl (most likely the Orange Bowl), it would show that Manny and crew "gets it" and can improve and grow. Then we have to close out the bowl game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back