I'm calling the Herald tomorrow

While I should probably invest in something better, I am calling them tomorrow and inquiring how much a full page ad in the sports section would cost.......and I'm going all in.

I'm taking a full page out. I HATE AL GOLDEN!!!!!

BBB=Bring Back Butch!!!

you want a good Ad? i'll help design it .. but it has to be a good one.. not some bs with crap on it.

something along the lines of "WE WILL NOT TOLERATE MEDIOCRITY! Open letter to UM Administration & Coaches..and have a VERY well written letter" also a "p.s. to players letting them know that we understand you put with stuff to protect themselves from backlash team but we will be their voice"

the letter should talk about how they tore the orange bowl away from us and how for the past ten years admin did not fully support the program and care enough to bring in winning coaches.

we should not put bs message with golden gtfo or bs like that but a well written clear message. AND have is be "signed" by season ticket holder and donors.

think about it.. this is the "you say you don't listen to us ... well you will read this buddy!" AND to make sure to thank him for sticking around BUT getting a 2019 contract extension sort of makes us even.

p.s.s Dorrito...we kindly ask you to step aside and allow a d coach that will be able to utilize the available talent to salvage our next years class...

again NO vulgar or mean crap but very serious and straight forward

i'll buy the ad and donate if its done right

I hope he doesn't take your advice. Taking about the Orange Bowl and any other collateral issues would be retarded. Stick to hammering El Foldo and use the multitude of stats available over the last few years to drive the point home. Also be sure to bring up him embarrassing UM by begging for the ped state job a couple months ago. If also question why UM fired Shannon, a loyal UM man, and isn't looking to fire his inferior white successor.

Get you money's worth. Go hard.
I agree with everything except the playing the race card. The race card turns most people off.

Advertisement
If you're going to do it...do it right.

Cite stats. Cite the fact Golden is 2-13 or whatever against teams with winning records. Cite how 4 years in we expect and deserve me for the program.

Don't make it a public outcry for Butch. Focus on the firing/removal of Golden.

UPDATE:

I have bad news. Unfortunately, the cost is grossly out of my price range. I spoke with Michelle Gonzalez (executive for advertising at the Herald) for about 20 minutes. She was very informative and intrigued by the idea.

In short, the ad falls under the “advocacy/political” genre. A full-page print in color running for one day in the Sports section (which also includes running it on their website) is $9,450.00. A half-page is $5,450.

She said the ad can pretty much consist of anything you submit, whether that be pictures/text/charts. It just needs to be cropped into something they can print on one page. She said it takes 3-4 days to print in the Herald from the date of submission, meaning if something was submitted tomorrow, she said she could get it in the Sports section on Saturday.

Her direct line is 305-376-2642. I am willing to contribute if anyone else wants to take the baton, but $10K is too deep for me. Rather bet it on Cincy +14.5.

Advertisement
UPDATE:

I have bad news. Unfortunately, the cost is grossly out of my price range. I spoke with Michelle Gonzalez (executive for advertising at the Herald) for about 20 minutes. She was very informative and intrigued by the idea.

In short, the ad falls under the “advocacy/political” genre. A full-page print in color running for one day in the Sports section (which also includes running it on their website) is $9,450.00. A half-page is $5,450.

She said the ad can pretty much consist of anything you submit, whether that be pictures/text/charts. It just needs to be cropped into something they can print on one page. She said it takes 3-4 days to print in the Herald from the date of submission, meaning if something was submitted tomorrow, she said she could get it in the Sports section on Saturday.

Her direct line is 305-376-2642. I am willing to contribute if anyone else wants to take the baton, but $10K is too deep for me. Rather bet it on Cincy +14.5.

giphy.gif

I like the enthusiasm but who the **** reads the paper anymore? We might as well attach the ad to carrier pigeons.

UPDATE:

I don't advocate any of this as an effective use of money but going with a print media ad is about the biggest waste of funds you could think of. The same price that was quoted to you probably could buy a billboard (albeit with less room for a message) on a major highway here for a month that would get more eyes during a single rush hour than all the senior citizens that still receive the physical version of a newspaper.

Advertisement
While I should probably invest in something better, I am calling them tomorrow and inquiring how much a full page ad in the sports section would cost.......and I'm going all in.

BBB=Bring Back Butch!!!

Weren't you suppose to scream Fire Golden at the Sandbar the other night?? wasn't that you proclaiming that??

I'll believe it when I see it... more action less talk

Lol, I did. And then a huge hoss bouncer threatened to kick me out. For selfish reasons, I didn't want to get kicked out and wanted to stay and hear the rest of the show.EDIT: I will be at the hurricane walk this Saturday with a huge sign. You won't be able to miss me. I'll see you there.

BBB=Bring Back Butch!!!

Weren't you suppose to scream Fire Golden at the Sandbar the other night?? wasn't that you proclaiming that??

Your best bet would be to pay for another banner directed at the BOT asking for the firing of Blake James.

BBB=Bring Back Butch!!!

you want a good Ad? i'll help design it .. but it has to be a good one.. not some bs with crap on it.

something along the lines of "WE WILL NOT TOLERATE MEDIOCRITY! Open letter to UM Administration & Coaches..and have a VERY well written letter" also a "p.s. to players letting them know that we understand you put with stuff to protect themselves from backlash team but we will be their voice"

the letter should talk about how they tore the orange bowl away from us and how for the past ten years admin did not fully support the program and care enough to bring in winning coaches.

we should not put bs message with golden gtfo or bs like that but a well written clear message. AND have is be "signed" by season ticket holder and donors.

think about it.. this is the "you say you don't listen to us ... well you will read this buddy!" AND to make sure to thank him for sticking around BUT getting a 2019 contract extension sort of makes us even.

p.s.s Dorrito...we kindly ask you to step aside and allow a d coach that will be able to utilize the available talent to salvage our next years class...

again NO vulgar or mean crap but very serious and straight forward

i'll buy the ad and donate if its done right

You gotta make it pop.

nips and hips.

Advertisement
The Herald is a great idea. Why don't you start a kickstarter and we'll all chip in! First step is to get this pinned so we can all contribute. You need to list stats about why to fire Al and why to hire Butch.

Some ideas:
-We have lost 7 of the last 10 against p5 schools; ALL BY DOUBLE DIGITS
-Al is below .500 as a HC without cupcakes like FAMU
-Al is 0-3 vs FSU and 1-2 vs VT
-Al has had two of the worst defenses in Miami history
-Al is 1-38 or 1-39 vs teams with 8 or more wins in his career
etc. etc.

Then you need stats for Butch like
-52-20 at Miami during probation
-Undefeated in bowl games at Miami
-Built a team that went on to have 17 first round picks and 34 players drafted
-Record graduation rates and apr while at Miami
-Cleared by NCAA at UNC
-Says he wants the job, football alumni backs him; he is a proven winner and hungry to win his first NC
-UNC had 1 winning season in 6 before Butch got there and had 3 winning seasons in 4 years once he got there

Why don't we start a petition to fire Al and hire butch and include it as part of the Herald article?

Compare the ncaa penalties. 31 v 9 (check numbers bc 7 of 31 were self imposed. Not sure self imposed under "the cloud). Add 3 yrs probation

BBB=Bring Back Butch!!!

if you mention shalala i swear on my life i will contribute a few hundred.pm me for paypal or email address

The Herald is a great idea. Why don't you start a kickstarter and we'll all chip in! First step is to get this pinned so we can all contribute. You need to list stats about why to fire Al and why to hire Butch.

Some ideas:
-We have lost 7 of the last 10 against p5 schools; ALL BY DOUBLE DIGITS
-Al is below .500 as a HC without cupcakes like FAMU
-Al is 0-3 vs FSU and 1-2 vs VT
-Al has had two of the worst defenses in Miami history
-Al is 1-38 or 1-39 vs teams with 8 or more wins in his career
etc. etc.

Then you need stats for Butch like
-52-20 at Miami during probation
-Undefeated in bowl games at Miami
-Built a team that went on to have 17 first round picks and 34 players drafted
-Record graduation rates and apr while at Miami
-Cleared by NCAA at UNC
-Says he wants the job, football alumni backs him; he is a proven winner and hungry to win his first NC
-UNC had 1 winning season in 6 before Butch got there and had 3 winning seasons in 4 years once he got there

Why don't we start a petition to fire Al and hire butch and include it as part of the Herald article?

Compare the ncaa penalties. 31 v 9 (check numbers bc 7 of 31 were self imposed. Not sure self imposed under "the cloud). Add 3 yrs probation
Add experience as HC at major program in major conferences vs. Mac Temple.
Throw in DC champ at Miami and DC multiple Super Bowl champs w Dallas

Nfl draft picks
Nfl pro bowlers coached

Tutored by Jimmy Johnson vs Paterno and. Al. Groh

Advertisement
U guys are trippin saying wed look bad as fans if this happened. Flying a sign at the fsu game makes us look like a total joke, this doesnt. Look at michigan, tgeir students/fans were at the president house requesting rhe AD&HC be fired. An ad in the paper doesnt make us look bad, it makes us unhappy with defeat.

BBB=Bring Back Butch!!!

ah the OP is full of hot air... must be a youngan, full of talk no action. Hard to afford buying an ad flipping burgers for a living.

UPDATE:

printing in full color effects the cost of the ad dramatically. Run it in black and white and it will be drastically cheaper.

Now be a man of your word...

Since we've got more people willing to throw down some money

What about making a website with a really nice infographic, updated weekly, of all of Al Golden's terrible stats (e.g., zero wins on the road against a ranked team, etc.) and then fly a banner that says Fire Golden and has the website address?

Advertisement
Back