I'm calling the Herald tomorrow

Why don't you write a letter to the editor if you feel so strongly? Of course, you'd have to give your name/town which would be verified (by the Herald) & published along with the letter.

UPDATE:

I have bad news. Unfortunately, the cost is grossly out of my price range. I spoke with Michelle Gonzalez (executive for advertising at the Herald) for about 20 minutes. She was very informative and intrigued by the idea.

In short, the ad falls under the “advocacy/political” genre. A full-page print in color running for one day in the Sports section (which also includes running it on their website) is $9,450.00. A half-page is $5,450.

She said the ad can pretty much consist of anything you submit, whether that be pictures/text/charts. It just needs to be cropped into something they can print on one page. She said it takes 3-4 days to print in the Herald from the date of submission, meaning if something was submitted tomorrow, she said she could get it in the Sports section on Saturday.

Her direct line is 305-376-2642. I am willing to contribute if anyone else wants to take the baton, but $10K is too deep for me. Rather bet it on Cincy +14.5.

Advertisement
At least I called and took initiative. More than can be said about you. Black-and-white is only minimally cheaper. I gave you her name and number, now you call yourself big tough Internet guy lmao.
UPDATE:

I have bad news. Unfortunately, the cost is grossly out of my price range. I spoke with Michelle Gonzalez (executive for advertising at the Herald) for about 20 minutes. She was very informative and intrigued by the idea.

In short, the ad falls under the “advocacy/political” genre. A full-page print in color running for one day in the Sports section (which also includes running it on their website) is $9,450.00. A half-page is $5,450.

She said the ad can pretty much consist of anything you submit, whether that be pictures/text/charts. It just needs to be cropped into something they can print on one page. She said it takes 3-4 days to print in the Herald from the date of submission, meaning if something was submitted tomorrow, she said she could get it in the Sports section on Saturday.

Her direct line is 305-376-2642. I am willing to contribute if anyone else wants to take the baton, but $10K is too deep for me. Rather bet it on Cincy +14.5.

printing in full color effects the cost of the ad dramatically. Run it in black and white and it will be drastically cheaper.

Now be a man of your word...

Why don't you write a letter to the editor if you feel so strongly? Of course, you'd have to give your name/town which would be verified (by the Herald) & published along with the letter.

UPDATE:

What is your point?

At least I called and took initiative. More than can be said about you. Black-and-white is only minimally cheaper. I gave you her name and number, now you call yourself big tough Internet guy lmao.
UPDATE:

printing in full color effects the cost of the ad dramatically. Run it in black and white and it will be drastically cheaper.

minimally cheaper? haa! you have no clue little guy.

You're the one that started a thread about purchasing a full page ad. Not my fault you're not man enough to vet out the commitment before talking a big game...

your hearts in the right place....but, so is Doritos

The truth is that the price I cited in thread (roughly 10K) was black and white. Color was a grand more. I was hoping the lower price would get more ppl to continue, and then I would have covered difference for color.
UPDATE:

You're the one that started a thread about purchasing a full page ad. Not my fault you're not man enough to vet out the commitment before talking a big game...

Advertisement
The truth is that the price I cited in thread (roughly 10K) was black and white. Color was a grand more. I was hoping the lower price would get more ppl to continue, and then I would have covered difference for color.
UPDATE:

So you were only willing to take on less than 10% of the cost, yet started a thread about doing it yourself?

Don't be all Al Golden and be accountable, just say "Sorry i can't swing it, and should never have started a thread simply based on my mental *********ion"

edit: I cant believe the way some of you people behave

against fellow canes fans to boot..... unbelievable

actually, completely believable. sad, really is the much better adjective

Advertisement

UPDATE:

A P.O. Box will suffice

If it was $2-3g's, I would have done it. At least I care enough, much less have the disposable income, to contact the herald and get all the information. However, $10gs not good value. I know evaluating and analyzing value on a return on an investment is another language to you. I'll dumb it down for you: Rather continue to contribute to banners.

You have provided absolutely nothing but garbage to this thread. Keep being the first one to raise their hand for overtime as a driver for a candy vendor machine.

So you were only willing to take on less than 10% of the cost, yet started a thread about doing it yourself?

Don't be all Al Golden and be accountable, just say "Sorry i can't swing it, and should never have started a thread simply based on my mental *********ion"

What is my point? A letter to the editor gets your point across & it's FREE!!! If you're hiding behind a message board, this isn't your option.

UPDATE:

What is your point?

Advertisement
What is my point? A letter to the editor gets your point across & it's FREE!!! If you're hiding behind a message board, this isn't your option.

UPDATE:

What is your point?

Again, why do you think "hiding behind a message board" is relevant? What point are you trying to prove?

If it was $2-3g's, I would have done it. At least I care enough, much less have the disposable income, to contact the herald and get all the information. However, $10gs not good value. I know evaluating and analyzing value on a return on an investment is another language to you. I'll dumb it down for you: Rather continue to contribute to banners.

You have provided absolutely nothing but garbage to this thread. Keep being the first one to raise their hand for overtime as a driver for a candy vendor machine.

$2-3,000 flies a bunch of planes....jus sayin.

Let me spell it out for you. Some people want to make a lot of noise but still remain anonymous. Letters to editor HAVE TO BE SIGNED...

UPDATE:

What is your point?

Again, why do you think "hiding behind a message board" is relevant? What point are you trying to prove?

Advertisement
Either do it or shut the **** up.

Like the banner idea or not, the WEZ said they were doing it, had a plan and ******* did it. They did what they felt was necessary to "Save the U", not to get likes or attention on a message board.

Respect.

If you feel this strongly, my recommendation would be to fly a banner over every remaining (home and away) game this season. Extra points for flying one over the ACC championship game after we miss it for the 11th straight season.

Advertisement
Back