I'll be that guy - Jobe and Sean Taylor

Jobe isn't that good. Closet thing I've seen to ST26 is Derwin James.

Jobe isn't that good. Closet thing I've seen to ST26 is Derwin James.

Plays nothing like him in coverage..... not even close to being a ballhawk like shawn. Physically maybe but Derwin gets lost in coverage

There has been 0 passes caught on Derwin James in college. Pretty good in coverage. I would say he is the closest thing to Sean Taylor at the college level.

Advertisement
Size isn't there... didn't play both sides of the ball like Sean T. Jobe is a **** of an athlete but Sean Taylor is Sean Taylor.

Frame wise I would say Avantae Williams is more likely to have a build like Taylor in the future.

Jobe reminds me of Deon Bush with better ball skills and a little more speed.

Trying to say this as unbiased as I possibly can, but I don't think there will be another Sean Taylor

Not gonna **** on your opinion though because I'd absolutely love to see any future safety be a fraction of what 26 was

Advertisement
Size isn't there... didn't play both sides of the ball like Sean T. Jobe is a **** of an athlete but Sean Taylor is Sean Taylor.

Frame wise I would say Avantae Williams is more likely to have a build like Taylor in the future.

He did play both sides. Saw time at RB and WR.

I hate most of these corny a55 posters on here... get your f_cking head out your a55. Annoying mfs... be acting so **** stuck up

The Sean Taylor comparisons starting to become exactly like the Michael Jordan comparisons man

Sean was more like a Lebron in the sense that he was a freak athlete and size for that position. I can't think of another like him at Safety.

Only guy who I can remember was Ronnie Lott as SoCal and pro's ...A banger with speed...Taylor was on his way to erasing all doubt as to who the All-Time Boss Dog was going to be...

Advertisement
I hate most of these corny a55 posters on here... get your f_cking head out your a55. Annoying mfs... be acting so **** stuck up

i like you and all you bring to the board, but you're missing the boat on this one. Sean was special, you won't see that athlete often if ever again. And I don't think I've ever seen a better athlete that you can also say "He's just a football player." Usually they don't need to develop that attitude because of the elite athleticism.

if you were alive for 9/11 you wouldn't be so full of yourself

Man, I hardly ever post, but this has me SMDH so hard. Sean Taylor is the difference between "Special" and "Elite". ST26 covered like a corner and hit like a linebacker in college. He's the best **** safety to breathe air. Jobe's good and all, but he can't hold the myth's jockstrap.

Advertisement
You're my guy, but I don't see this one. Jobe's a good prospect, no doubt, but what separated Sean Taylor was the combination of [big] LB size/frame with the feet of a 5' 8" dude. It was almost too weird to watch live.

For the younger dudes who know current safeties:

If the best of Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor were fused together, you'd have Sean Taylor.
You're giving Thomas and Chancellor too much credit

i like you and all you bring to the board, but you're missing the boat on this one. Sean was special, you won't see that athlete often if ever again. And I don't think I've ever seen a better athlete that you can also say "He's just a football player." Usually they don't need to develop that attitude because of the elite athleticism.

I never said he wasn't special. That's my favorite cane player of all time

Advertisement
He ran a 4.51 at the combine.

His low was a 4.41 you fvking douche guzzler

Quit being a d*ckhead you dumb b*tch...

"Taylor officially ran a 4.51 at the NFL combine, but had also been clocked around the 4.4 range, which is insane for a guy his size."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...-legacy-of-sean-taylor.amp.html?client=safari

He officially ran a 4.51. I'm sure Coach Swasey clocked him lower than that on his hand time. Regardless he was fast af to be that big

*Sean TaylorÂ|ÂMiami (FL),ÂFSÂ:Â2004 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

What the fvck is a NFL draft scout.... use combine official numbers
Brock he ran a 4.41 and a 4.6 that's why they gave him a 4.51

Quit being a d*ckhead you dumb b*tch...

"Taylor officially ran a 4.51 at the NFL combine, but had also been clocked around the 4.4 range, which is insane for a guy his size."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...-legacy-of-sean-taylor.amp.html?client=safari

He officially ran a 4.51. I'm sure Coach Swasey clocked him lower than that on his hand time. Regardless he was fast af to be that big

*Sean TaylorÂ|ÂMiami (FL),ÂFSÂ:Â2004 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

What the fvck is a NFL draft scout.... use combine official numbers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...eb0-8cf4-78b5cdb596c1/?utm_term=.8ba7a1f3e89f

"Safety Sean Taylor cut short his workout at the University of Miami's pro day because of a sore hamstring, dropping his draft stock with a few clubs, but ran a 4.5-second 40 while ailing and remains a strong candidate to go to the Washington Redskins with the draft's fifth overall selection."

btw this was at 230 pounds ... he slimmed down to 212 in the pros, and played in the 240s at UM

He was never in the 240s while at UM.

He actually put on weight when he was on the skins. I don't think he was ever in the 210-215 in the pros

Advertisement
Back