I'll be that guy - Jobe and Sean Taylor

Sean Taylor is his own breed and nobody should be comparedto him until they create his llegacy. With that said can this kid actually go through his senior year and then sign with us before these comparisons come out?

Advertisement
The Sean Taylor comparisons starting to become exactly like the Michael Jordan comparisons man

Sean was more like a Lebron in the sense that he was a freak athlete and size for that position. I can't think of another like him at Safety.

I always tell people he was the lebron of safeties

The only reason we haven't seen a Sean Taylor type of player is because most of them choose the basketball court instead of football. Sean Taylor had a basketball body and athleticism in a football players mindset.. ie. Think if D Wade loved football and contact the sport brings or Russell Westbrook

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't mind hearing the ST comparison and I definitely see what you see about how he seems to glide....SThey almost seemed like he wasn't running but floating just above the ground at times effortlessly.

I also hate how FSU thinks Derwin James is like ST or even better. Until he can completely take over a game like ST did in 03 vs FSU don't make that comparison.

You're my guy, but I don't see this one. Jobe's a good prospect, no doubt, but what separated Sean Taylor was the combination of [big] LB size/frame with the feet of a 5' 8" dude. It was almost too weird to watch live.

For the younger dudes who know current safeties:

If the best of Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor were fused together, you'd have Sean Taylor.

I don't mind hearing the ST comparison and I definitely see what you see about how he seems to glide....SThey almost seemed like he wasn't running but floating just above the ground at times effortlessly.

I also hate how FSU thinks Derwin James is like ST or even better. Until he can completely take over a game like ST did in 03 vs FSU don't make that comparison.
Neither one is ST but you're ok with a highschool jr being compared to ST but not with a kid who actually has played a down in college?

Advertisement
Stopped reading at "doesn't have the same sheer size and speed"

You're better than this

Wait are you saying you think Jobe does have the same size and speed as Taylor?

No sir. Just saying if we are comparing players and one doesnt have the same size or speed, it would be difficult to compare them.

It was more of a sarcastic joke than anything.

I realize that you know you are approaching a sticky subject.

Fvck no. He's not comparable to Sean Taylor, just because he can hit hard and is a cane commit does not compare to one of the greatest to ever play the game. Let's not forget he's 19 playing against 17 year olds. He's really good but pump the breaks

Y'all act like Sean Taylor was some of type Olympic track runner. He was fast for his size but he didn't have elite speed either. He ran a 4.51 40.. Taylor was a great overall player and was physically gifted. Jobe is physically gifted as well and definitely has a nice size and speed combo as well. You can say his game may resemble sean's alittle I can see that. Another safety who resembles Sean Taylor's game hitting wise is kam chancellor

Last edited:
Advertisement
So I've always been the kind of guy that scoffs and rolls my eyes whenever a comparison is made between a recruit and a Cane legend - especially Taylor. Sean Taylor was the single biggest athletic freak I've ever seen live or on video. That said, the one guy I've seen that even comes close to Taylor's tape is Josh Jobe. While Jobe doesn't have the sheer size and speed of Taylor, he's got that same "I'm just gonna casually blow by everybody" stride, the same ability to both high point a ball and also run straight through people, the same game-changing, put-me-anywhere-on-the-field kind of player that reminds me so much of Taylor. Check out both highlight videos:

Jobe -

[video]http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4024608/5721da930c5e681224b4dadb[/video]

ST -

[video=youtube;480upwOT8wg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=480upwOT8wg[/video]

b388c78c051aff08e6181920156ebd38.jpgb388c78c051aff08e6181920156ebd38.jpg

You're my guy, but I don't see this one. Jobe's a good prospect, no doubt, but what separated Sean Taylor was the combination of [big] LB size/frame with the feet of a 5' 8" dude. It was almost too weird to watch live.

For the younger dudes who know current safeties:

If the best of Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor were fused together, you'd have Sean Taylor.

You're not wrong, and I knew I'd be inviting a veritable bucket of worms by making the comparison - just saw similar playing styles on their respective tapes is all. I definitely agree though that it's exactly Taylor's size and speed combination that made him unique and difficult to compare fairly. I defer to the greater collective wisdom of the board lol

So I've always been the kind of guy that scoffs and rolls my eyes whenever a comparison is made between a recruit and a Cane legend - especially Taylor. Sean Taylor was the single biggest athletic freak I've ever seen live or on video. That said, the one guy I've seen that even comes close to Taylor's tape is Josh Jobe. While Jobe doesn't have the sheer size and speed of Taylor, he's got that same "I'm just gonna casually blow by everybody" stride, the same ability to both high point a ball and also run straight through people, the same game-changing, put-me-anywhere-on-the-field kind of player that reminds me so much of Taylor. Check out both highlight videos:

Jobe -

[video]http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4024608/5721da930c5e681224b4dadb[/video]

ST -

[video=youtube;480upwOT8wg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=480upwOT8wg[/video]

I hadn't seen Jobe's highlights til' now. Extremely impressive...and yes, I will agree with you, his stride, running style, instincts and aggressive style are identical to ST26's. Even his film is similar, in that it looks really old-school, cam-corder like.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back