I'll be that guy - Jobe and Sean Taylor

Advertisement
I hate most of these corny a55 posters on here... get your f_cking head out your a55. Annoying mfs... be acting so **** stuck up

if you were alive for 9/11 you wouldn't be so full of yourself
What? I'm about to be a graduating senior in college f_ck off

So you're 37 years old already????

davidnorman.jpg

well i'll be damned, Brock is black

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...eb0-8cf4-78b5cdb596c1/?utm_term=.8ba7a1f3e89f

"Safety Sean Taylor cut short his workout at the University of Miami's pro day because of a sore hamstring, dropping his draft stock with a few clubs, but ran a 4.5-second 40 while ailing and remains a strong candidate to go to the Washington Redskins with the draft's fifth overall selection."

btw this was at 230 pounds ... he slimmed down to 212 in the pros, and played in the 240s at UM

He was never in the 240s while at UM.

He actually put on weight when he was on the skins. I don't think he was ever in the 210-215 in the pros

never listed in the 240s at um but look at his sophomore year when he stands next to dj or vilma

Advertisement
You're my guy, but I don't see this one. Jobe's a good prospect, no doubt, but what separated Sean Taylor was the combination of [big] LB size/frame with the feet of a 5' 8" dude. It was almost too weird to watch live.

For the younger dudes who know current safeties:

If the best of Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor were fused together, you'd have Sean Taylor.
You're giving Thomas and Chancellor too much credit
Thomas has elite range and feet. Chancellor has elite size and strength. Not sure what else you would want from a S. I can only think of Ronnie Lott as a physical comparison.

Advertisement
You're not going to compare Jobe to ST26. We not doing that...Jobe is elite but Bandy held the responsibility of covering the best WR over him.

Advertisement
There will never be another Sean Taylor, period. Once in a lifetime players. Had he not died at such a young age, I would argue he would've finished his career considered the greatest safety ever. That doesn't mean Jobe won't be another great...possibly a future NFL HOFer, it just means there will never be another ST. We were blessed to both witness and have that phenom on our team. Please, no more comparisons.

worst part is we never even saw Sean hit his prime

Winning post of this thread. I'm still convinced that Ed Reed's the greatest safety of all-time, maybe you could put Ronnie Lott in the discussion. But if Sean was able to live out his entire career, I think he would've surpassed Ed in the league as greatest safety. Just my .02.

Advertisement
I hate most of these corny a55 posters on here... get your f_cking head out your a55. Annoying mfs... be acting so **** stuck up

if you were alive for 9/11 you wouldn't be so full of yourself
What? I'm about to be a graduating senior in college f_ck off

So you're 37 years old already????

I'm 22

Good. Now I know I wont be charged with rape of a minor when I make your ******** look like psussy lips

Advertisement
Back