If Syracuse beats Notre Dame

He actually replaced Dungey with Devito once this year. And Devito led them to a win. If he stays at Syracuse I have a feeling Devito will do very well leading the offense.

Yup.

danny devito.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Willie Taggart Lite gets a hard pass from me.

The dude has had two garbage seasons and one good one in Syracuse. Give him a chance to prove he's not a fluke before you crown him.
But you're ok with the 5-5 guy we have now?

Anddddddd........if Babers gets curbstomped by a team we beat by 126pts last year? Then what?

St. Dino is well on his way to proving himself as a good coach with the door open to even exceed that but the deifying of him around here is a joke. Maybe we should also wait and see what he does post-Dungey up there in a ****hole place to recruit for football.
If Richt looses to a VA Tech he stomped last year and a team that got destroyed by OLD DOMINION then what?

This is just proof that everyone has their flaws. Even a good offense / QB / Defense.

Screenshot (114).png

Syracuse play calling for the first drive of the game was Run, Run, Pass.
This is the passing play on 3rd and 3, first drive of the game.
Notice the top of the screen there is 3 WR's being covered by 1 Boundary defender, and a safety 8 yards off the LOS, trying to cover 2 WRs. (Bottom of the screen is 2 and 2).
Terrible alignment by one of the best Defenses in the nation on short yardage (I guess i'm taking it a bit far by even saying this, considering Clemson called a timeout right before the ball was snapped).
Even though a timeout was called, everyone on the field played fullspeed because there was no whistle. There was no audible what so ever by Syracuse here to take advantage of the 3v2, and those 3 at the top ran verts into extremely off coverage.

Advertisement
If Richt looses to a VA Tech he stomped last year and a team that got destroyed by OLD DOMINION then what?

Uhhhhh....he continues on a path to corchdom?

The whataboutism doesn't really work as all my point about Babers was wanting a larger sample size of success before we collectively suck him off and how quickly the current circle jerk might be derailed IF he gets exposed by a Notre Dame team that I personally think is overrated.

Really has nothing to do with the current ****show Rick is serving us all up on a weekly basis now.

Uhhhhh....he continues on a path to corchdom?

The whataboutism doesn't really work as all my point about Babers was wanting a larger sample size of success before we collectively suck him off and how quickly the current circle jerk might be derailed IF he gets exposed by a Notre Dame team that I personally think is overrated.

Really has nothing to do with the current ****show Rick is serving us all up on a weekly basis now.
Don't forget Richt lost to a 4 win Notre Dame team in his first year. So which is it, the 4 win Notre Dame team from '16 was better than the '17 team, or did we improve?

Don't forget Richt lost to a 4 win Notre Dame team in his first year. So which is it, the 4 win Notre Dame team from '16 was better than the '17 team, or did we improve?

Notre Dame has continued to improve overall since 2016 while we've obviously severely regressed? I'd say that's it.

Not sure what we're debating here. Babers being a proven entity or is it something about us?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Please its Syracuse. Give Richt that team and they wouldn't even be ranked just like....well u get the point

You talking about if's. Scoreboard says that Syracuse couldn't score 1 TD, and their running game wasn't even shut down as I mentioned in the game day thread. He forced the pass with a backup QB despite the fact that they were able to run.

Advertisement
Back