If Syracuse beats Notre Dame

Advertisement
Anddddddd........if Babers gets curbstomped by a team we beat by 126pts last year? Then what?

St. Dino is well on his way to proving himself as a good coach with the door open to even exceed that but the deifying of him around here is a joke. Maybe we should also wait and see what he does post-Dungey up there in a ****hole place to recruit for football.
The kid who backs up Dungey is arguably better, at least that’s what everyone in this area is saying.

Willie Taggart Lite gets a hard pass from me.

The dude has had two garbage seasons and one good one in Syracuse. Give him a chance to prove he's not a fluke before you crown him.

Advertisement
Oh, I know where I'm posting. Everything is Richt's fault. But occasionally we get a rational poster who sees that having a terrible QB handcuffs you and you can't hit the waiver wire.

When you're the guy making more than $300k/game, it's always your fault.

Advertisement
The kid who backs up Dungey is arguably better, at least that’s what everyone in this area is saying.

Interesting. I reallllly think (and it's obviously not some genius conclusion on my part) that's the key to properly assessing a coach as being a superior tactician on offense is to see his skill and system translate to a second QB- whether it be a successor in future years or the backups over the course of your current starter's tenure.

We're often too quick to crown the next Bill Walsh and then either D Coordinators figure out how to expose flaws and/or the "offensive guru" stops looking like a football MENSA member because he lost a QB that made him look better than he was.

I really like what I've seen from Babers so far- on the sidelines and off - but I'm just more conservative in the hero worship around here that always happens when our coaches become corches.

Advertisement
As UM always does, we will wait too long, and SU will either lock him in with a monster buyout, or someone else will grab him while we sit around hoping Rickety reverts to his 9 win self and we can start splitting games with the murderer’s row that is the Coastal.

Advertisement
Interesting. I reallllly think (and it's obviously not some genius conclusion on my part) that's the key to properly assessing a coach as being a superior tactician on offense is to see his skill and system translate to a second QB- whether it be a successor in future years or the backups over the course of your current starter's tenure.

We're often too quick to crown the next Bill Walsh and then either D Coordinators figure out how to expose flaws and/or the "offensive guru" stops looking like a football MENSA member because he lost a QB that made him look better than he was.

I really like what I've seen from Babers so far- on the sidelines and off - but I'm just more conservative in the hero worship around here that always happens when our coaches become corches.

Babers is an Art Briles protege who has fielded explosive offenses everywhere he’s been. I don’t think Dungey made Babers; it’s very likely the other way around.

Yeah, that's the message board mob mentality. That's true everywhere, though, not just with our neanderthals around here.
why would a person of above average intelligence want to hang around a mob of neanderthals almost on a daily basis ?
is it to reinforce a superiority complex, feed situational narcissism or just purely for the entertainment value ?
just wondering what the motivation is.

why would a person of above average intelligence want to hang around a mob of neanderthals almost on a daily basis ?
is it to reinforce a superiority complex, feed situational narcissism or just purely for the entertainment value ?
just wondering what the motivation is.

Pure entertainment. You’re smart enough to recognize that less than 5% of the threads around here involve legitimate, rational, mature discussion.

Advertisement
Back