If Manny is betting on himself...

I don't think Manny is the DC, he's just the play caller on gameday. Will he be the DC in practice working with and developing the players? I don't think so, I believe that will be baker
Are you suggesting that someone calling the plays isn't designing the defense?

Baker will be putting players in position in practice and likely teaching some technique, but it will be Manny's scheme, Manny's play design, and Manny calling plays. Manny is the DC in everything but name.

Advertisement
I love how there is no in between with this bs theory about how this is a win win.

Either he fails extremely and he gets fired or he succeeds and everything is great.

What if he goes 8-4? Then what? They aren’t going to fire him with an 8-4 record.
Depends how he gets to 8-4. Bama, UNC, and bad loss to teams like GT and FSU will likely do it. I think side of BOT that wanted Highsmith probably get Manny/Blake out.

His job is CEO/HC, not DC. If he was betting on himself as HC, then he would have done what a real HC would have done—located, recruited, and hired an excellent autonomous DC.

He’s not betting on himself as much as he is retreating to the comfort of isolation and group think with his lackies.
Clearly he has “takeover” syndrome where he refuses to bring in anyone smarter than him who can challenge his philosophy. As a leader, that’s the best way to keep your team from being elite. Wards off intelligent ppl because they know their creativity isn’t welcomed. It can work, but it creates a dictatorial environment where all you attract are yes men and mercenaries. Neither which create sustainable results needed to win at the top level.

Excessive Bumping
I would choose to play slots. It is a gambling game where no skills are needed. You have to push a button, and the rest of the work will do the machine. It is a random game, and you can't influence the game. You can't really say that it is impossible to make money by playing slots because it depends on your luck. If you are an unlucky person, you will never win. This is why, if you want to gamble for making money, but not just for fun, you better find another game for this. This is why it is crucial to think twice before making a slot deposit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I would choose to play slots. It is a gambling game where no skills are needed.
@RVACane

split depth GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you do a quick search of the top 25 DCs in college football, Many Diaz's name comes up quickly. But not one of the DCs listed are also the head coach, except Diaz. Kind of strange went you think about a lot of head coaches that are in actuality the OC for the team.

If you do a quick search of the top 25 DCs in college football, Many Diaz's name comes up quickly. But not one of the DCs listed are also the head coach, except Diaz. Kind of strange went you think about a lot of head coaches that are in actuality the OC for the team.
Tusktimes?

Advertisement
Back