If Jimbo Goes To Texas After The Bowl Game

Advertisement
here's a serious question, If the EE's sign with FSU and Jimbotox leaves to UT couldn't the EE's leave because of a coaching change?

Yes, but only if the coach has publicly commented on the position he is leaving for. Notice you haven't heard a peep from Jimbo about UT.

Huh

I am pretty sure it has to do with whether the kid enrolls or not.

No way I'd enroll there before new Texas HC is made public.
The risk far outweighs the reward and
No one up here in Tallahassee will argue about Jimbo to UT. It's pretty much expected in these parts.
Not sure what the feeling is down in SFL, but it's sort of an unspoken about reality up here

here's a serious question, If the EE's sign with FSU and Jimbotox leaves to UT couldn't the EE's leave because of a coaching change?

Yes, but only if the coach has publicly commented on the position he is leaving for. Notice you haven't heard a peep from Jimbo about UT.

Huh

Correct, IMO. Jimbo can promise all the EEs that he's staying, but if he bolts soon after they enroll, they are SOOL, IMO.

They would have to appeal the ncaa I believe.

Advertisement
No one up here in Tallahassee will argue about Jimbo to UT. It's pretty much expected in these parts.
Not sure what the feeling is down in SFL, but it's sort of an unspoken about reality up here

I highly doubt Fisher will leave FSU. Sexton knows what he is doing, and will get some more money out of FSU. But, if something highly unexpected and he goes, I can only imagine the coaches lining up to take his spot. Will not help us at all. Hate to say it, but FSU is back, and we need to step it up to try and keep pace. People are saying it is because of Winston, but their defense is what has them back. I think I read their staring defense gave up less than 6 points per game this year. Defense wins games. I think they go undefeated with Morris up there this year, their defense was so strong.

Huh

Correct, IMO. Jimbo can promise all the EEs that he's staying, but if he bolts soon after they enroll, they are SOOL, IMO.

I know EE don't sign NLI (like the regular enrollment) but I believe once a kid enrolls at a school, they are not allowed to just leave and they have to abide by the transfer rules.

Look at Naim Mustafaa, he enrolled early at OSU and then transferred here. He had to sit out like everyone else. I know OSU didn't have a coaching change but I don't believe an EE can just leave because the HC changes once they enroll.

I am sure that an EE enrolled before and than an HC changed, I just can't think of an example at this moment.

I highly doubt Fisher will leave FSU. Sexton knows what he is doing, and will get some more money out of FSU. But, if something highly unexpected and he goes, I can only imagine the coaches lining up to take his spot. Will not help us at all. Hate to say it, but FSU is back, and we need to step it up to try and keep pace. People are saying it is because of Winston, but their defense is what has them back. I think I read their staring defense gave up less than 6 points per game this year. Defense wins games. I think they go undefeated with Morris up there this year, their defense was so strong.

:ibisroflmao:

Nole

Advertisement

Huh

I know EE don't sign NLI (like the regular enrollment) but I believe once a kid enrolls at a school, they are not allowed to just leave and they have to abide by the transfer rules.

Look at Naim Mustafaa, he enrolled early at OSU and then transferred here. He had to sit out like everyone else. I know OSU didn't have a coaching change but I don't believe an EE can just leave because the HC changes once they enroll.

I am sure that an EE enrolled before and than an HC changed, I just can't think of an example at this moment.

I just wondered if there was some kind of NCAA clause that allowed players to leave due to Corching changes and am to lazy to look for it.

Laugh all u want, but I just looked and other then BC, their starting Defense didn't give up more than 14 points all year in a game. you mean to tell me that Morris couldn't have led their offense to at least 17 points. And OK, maybe they don't get out of BC without Winston, So maybe 12 - 1 with Shane.

Huh

I just wondered if there was some kind of NCAA clause that allowed players to leave due to Corching changes and am to lazy to look for it.

I can't think of one. It has to be the perfect storm though

A. Player has to enroll early (i.e. actually start classes at a school), and

B. After the player enrolls early, the HC has to leave the program.

Advertisement

Nole

Was just thinking the same thing. This guy is always over the top with his praise for the noles and it just happens way too often to not be by design.

If this is true, Jimbo staying till the bowl game won't help the majority of the class that signs on NSD (i.e. normal enrollment) so kids like Lane and Rudolph will likely know the status of the HC before NSD.

Sure this BS may help FSU be shady with the kids that enroll early (http://registrar.fsu.edu/extended.htm) as school starts January 6th at FSU and that is the date of the National Championship. So kids like Cook may be impacted by this BS.

So you twitter users, make sure you tweet away all the rumors and try to ***** FSU.

It's true. Jizzbo is a snake lying through his teeth. He's got the deal with UT done.

No doubt, how long do you think after the bowl game he goes to UT?

According my friend, it's going to be very quick.

It's reality with the whale-level boosters at Texas too. I don't care what anyone in S. FL thinks.

Advertisement

Laugh all u want, but I just looked and other then BC, their starting Defense didn't give up more than 14 points all year in a game. you mean to tell me that Morris couldn't have led their offense to at least 17 points. And OK, maybe they don't get out of BC without Winston, So maybe 12 - 1 with Shane.

I agree w you about their defense getting overshadowed.

But you're delusional if you think Jimbo to UT isn't a done deal.

If Jimbo does leave, I wouldn't be surprised if Charlie Strong gets offered by FSU. Him or Kirby Smart would be on my short list for replacements, James Franklin as well

If Jimbo does leave, I wouldn't be surprised if Charlie Strong gets offered by FSU. Him or Kirby Smart would be on my short list for replacements, James Franklin as well

Jeremy Pruitt? That guys a star in the making from the Saban coaching tree and on staff I mean it seems like the obvious choice

Advertisement
Back