If Jimbo Goes To Texas After The Bowl Game

Shouldn't be worried about who we would get. I think if Jimbo got the Texas job he would be willing to throw a lot of money at Coley to come with him and that could really ***** up our recruiting

Advertisement
Shouldn't be worried about who we would get. I think if Jimbo got the Texas job he would be willing to throw a lot of money at Coley to come with him and that could really ***** up our recruiting

What?????
If if Jimbo leaves, do you really think he will give two ***** about our recruiting unless he can draw those kids to UT? Coley, the guy he refused to give play calling responsibilities to? Dont forget Coley is a FSU alumni, the main reason he left was because Jimbo is too much of a micro manager on offense and Coley was never going to flourish and break off on his own. Coley wanted to stay, but he had hit his ceiling there as long as Jimbo was at FSU. Now Coley going back to FSU is a real possibility, if that is what you meant originally......

That's not happening. When push came to shove Jimbo wouldn't give Coley the control he needed. Then Coley went to a blood rival. Their paths have diverged for good.

What?????
If if Jimbo leaves, do you really think he will give two ****s about our recruiting unless he can draw those kids to UT? Coley, the guy he refused to give play calling responsibilities to? Dont forget Coley is a FSU alumni, the main reason he left was because Jimbo is too much of a micro manager on offense and Coley was never going to flourish and break off on his own. Coley wanted to stay, but he had hit his ceiling there as long as Jimbo was at FSU. Now Coley going back to FSU is a real possibility, if that is what you meant originally......

Whoever is gonna be the coach at Texas is gonna be a able to pay their asst coaches pretty much whatever they want. They will be paying the big bucks for Ws and we all know that the best talent in the nation comes from SFla and I'm sure Jimbo is gonna pay someone with strong SFla connections big $ so he can still attempt to get some of that elite talent. You make a good point so I guess it is unlikely it would be Coley but I think it could still be a possibility.

Advertisement
Lots of connected people at UT saying Jizzbo has already accepted the job. An oil baron friend of mine is deeply connected at Texas, and Jizzbo is a done deal at Texas. He's lying his *** off to all those fsu recruits.
Tell your oil baron friend to give me a job...

What?????
If if Jimbo leaves, do you really think he will give two ****s about our recruiting unless he can draw those kids to UT? Coley, the guy he refused to give play calling responsibilities to? Dont forget Coley is a FSU alumni, the main reason he left was because Jimbo is too much of a micro manager on offense and Coley was never going to flourish and break off on his own. Coley wanted to stay, but he had hit his ceiling there as long as Jimbo was at FSU. Now Coley going back to FSU is a real possibility, if that is what you meant originally......

Whoever is gonna be the coach at Texas is gonna be a able to pay their asst coaches pretty much whatever they want. They will be paying the big bucks for Ws and we all know that the best talent in the nation comes from SFla and I'm sure Jimbo is gonna pay someone with strong SFla connections big $ so he can still attempt to get some of that elite talent. You make a good point so I guess it is unlikely it would be Coley but I think it could still be a possibility.

How many SoFla kids have gone to UTexas? Texas is loaded with talent, and UTexas gets pretty much whoever they want. He would have no need to go to SoFla for talent.

What?????

How many SoFla kids have gone to UTexas? Texas is loaded with talent, and UTexas gets pretty much whoever they want. He would have no need to go to SoFla for talent.

Well if Texas is so loaded and getting whoever they want why are they in this position? How many SoFla kids were going to Louisville before Strong got there? But I see where you are coming from Jimbo will have to make a lot of relationship in Texas will have to take mainly Texas kids to create a good relationship with the coaches there.

Advertisement

Not a chance. He didn't even keep Coley around to do his thing at FSU.

I still think Jimbo to Texas, Kirby to FSU. Either Texas is waiting for the NFL season to end to hire an NFL guy (which I don't think they are gonna get), or they are waiting til the NC game is over. I think Jimbo is their guy

What?????

Well if Texas is so loaded and getting whoever they want why are they in this position? How many SoFla kids were going to Louisville before Strong got there? But I see where you are coming from Jimbo will have to make a lot of relationship in Texas will have to take mainly Texas kids to create a good relationship with the coaches there.

They're in this position because Mack Brown isn't a good coach. He rode the Vince Young train. SoFla kids went to Louisville when Howard was there, IIRC, but Louisville doesn't have near the local talent base that UTexas can draw from, so they've always had to recruit nationally.

What?????

They're in this position because Mack Brown isn't a good coach. He rode the Vince Young train. SoFla kids went to Louisville when Howard was there, IIRC, but Louisville doesn't have near the local talent base that UTexas can draw from, so they've always had to recruit nationally.

Exactly

Advertisement
If Jimbo goes to Texas, Cook goes to Texas

Hes already visited, he let them recruit him till the end. He knows the team, the campus and the night life. Only thing they were missing is the right Head Coach.

Jimbo goes. Cook goes.

Best situation in the world and a huge victory for us

812.gif

Advertisement
When is the last date to enroll for these EE?

I'm hoping there is some time between the title game and final enrollment so if Jimbo bolts we could have a shot.

I think someone said it was like... the 15th of Jan or something? I could be wrong on that though.

Jan 15th is the day underclassmen have to declare for the NFL draft.

Classes start on Jan 6th for UF and FSU, and Jan 13th for UM.

Advertisement
Back