If Diaz Leaves

CMR is in his 50's dude. HC in waiting is for guys in their 70s. What's so pathetic is that CMR has the energy of a 70 year old which is why people say this stuff. You think he's an old man but he's almost 10 years younger than Saban.

For sure , but dude was almost retired before we offered him the job. No way he makes it another 10 years.

Advertisement
What exactly has Banda done to be promoted to DC? Banda recruits man he’s not an X and Os guy. Better off giving Rumph that gig if you’re considering Banda. Rumph knows x and Os

Ps let not promote a bunch of non worth internal guys and go big and Banda maybe gone anyways if Diaz goes
What had rumph done to get the title?? Ok he played. Ok he coached HS. Banda is more qualified for the simple fact he’s been coaching in college longer and has impressive stops at Texas and miss st. Along with what he’s done with our safeties here. He’s been around manny so you know the philosophy and the way it is coached/called won’t change. So you’d hit the ground running. And lastly if Diaz does leave its likely gonna to be a month and some change b4 signing day. We know Banda is the lead recruiter without a doubt when it comes to the D.

https://hurricanesports.com/staff.aspx?staff

Alex Grinch at OSU is the first call I make - did a great job at Wazzu. John Schoop from Miss St. would be a great hire as well.

I don’t think he’s leaving but he did miss out on bogles in home.
But o prefer him and bands leaving to temple then to highly rated program. We’re nit losing recruiting battles to temple.
You guys don’t want FSU or UF to pick Banda. He’d kill it down here.
Also, I’m sure there are plenty sec guys out there not named aranda that are calling cmr right now to have the chance to coach our talent.

Advertisement
What exactly has Banda done to be promoted to DC? Banda recruits man he’s not an X and Os guy. Better off giving Rumph that gig if you’re considering Banda. Rumph knows x and Os

Ps let not promote a bunch of non worth internal guys and go big and Banda maybe gone anyways if Diaz goes

Anyone that believes Banda is ready to be a DC needs to lay off the Meth, Smack, Crack, and Sizzurp.

Advertisement
Might not be a popular opinion but I think our defensive staff is full of young capable minds. Diaz deserves a lot of credit and will hurt me to see him go from a role model standpoint but he has benefitted from a lot of these other coaches developpig good players.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Diaz would be an idiot to go to Temple at this point. It's a step down from coordinator at a powerhouse (I could give two ***** about the last 15 years we're still a huge brand name) to Temple of all places. He's home, he's coaching the right athletes for his defense, and I'd have to imagine he'll get shots at second-tier major conference HC gigs before long. I still doubt there will ever be any sort of HCIW arrangement and still think he wouldn't get promoted from DC to HC at The U, unless Richt really gets it rolling and sticks around for a while.

HOWEVER. Maybe he read in the Herald a few weeks back that we're willing to drop $1 million on an OC. And he probably knows we're not hiring an OC. Looks like a negotiating tactic to me.

Separately, this notion of Banda as DC might be the stupidest thing I've read on CIS yet. If ANYONE on the current staff should get elevated it's Simpson, and I don't see that happening.

Diaz would be an idiot to go to Temple at this point. It's a step down from coordinator at a powerhouse (I could give two ***** about the last 15 years we're still a huge brand name) to Temple of all places. He's home, he's coaching the right athletes for his defense, and I'd have to imagine he'll get shots at second-tier major conference HC gigs before long. I still doubt there will ever be any sort of HCIW arrangement and still think he wouldn't get promoted from DC to HC at The U, unless Richt really gets it rolling and sticks around for a while.

HOWEVER. Maybe he read in the Herald a few weeks back that we're willing to drop $1 million on an OC. And he probably knows we're not hiring an OC. Looks like a negotiating tactic to me.

Separately, this notion of Banda as DC might be the stupidest thing I've read on CIS yet. If ANYONE on the current staff should get elevated it's Simpson, and I don't see that happening.

Which Herlad tool wrote that? Cote? Who tf reads the Herald? Unless the article was written with with nefarious plot to get Diaz a comfy salary, that “journalist” should be “relieved.” I can report better fake **** from my couch watching GSW replays on a Monday night.

Don’t tell me the score btw:

Which Herlad tool wrote that? Cote? Who tf reads the Herald? Unless the article was written with with nefarious plot to get Diaz a comfy salary, that “journalist” should be “relieved.” I can report better fake **** from my couch watching GSW replays on a Monday night.

Don’t tell me the score btw:

Barry Jackson wrote it, citing an anonymous trustee, and is among the most reliable sources on the Canes beat. And yes I realize that bar is low. For what it's worth, I also did not believe it when I read it.

I'd say take it as you will, but you seem like an angry little thing, so I'll assume you'll just stay mad.

Advertisement
Back