If Arroyo Is Better Than Mallory Right Now?

Here’s the real Q. How good can Jaleel Skinner be?

We’ve got a good 2 TEs and a mediocre receiving room. Skinner flashed in the spring game and I love how the coaches are already splitting him out wide.

Can Skinner be a Pitts type WR/TE that gets significant production as a freshman? That’d be a huge boost for this offense

Advertisement
IMO Mallory is a JAG. Not a good route runner, catcher or blocker. Time to move on to Arroyo and Skinner. Consideration given that the offense is Bo Schembecker clone.
This was apparent last year too. Arroyo is all of those things and he’s also better after the catch. Better body control etc.

Injuries seem to have taken their toll on Mallory. Good kid. Good cane. But the snap counts between the two need to flip

This was apparent last year too. Arroyo is all of those things and he’s also better after the catch. Better body control etc.

Injuries seem to have taken their toll on Mallory. Good kid. Good cane. But the snap counts between the two need to flip

Arroyo and Skinner should take all of Mallory's snaps. Mallory should primarily be used as a a decoy whose only play is this

original

Advertisement
Loves the staff. Doesn’t love his role. When he almost left post manny the place that he was eying features the tight end in their offense heavily. Out wide and in line. Kinda hard to watch for him
Unless Skinner bulks way up Arroyo is going to be the lead TE in the offense next year ... that is of course if Mallory doesn't get a 9th year of eligibility somehow.

Advertisement
Unless Skinner bulks way up Arroyo is going to be the lead TE in the offense next year ... that is of course if Mallory doesn't get a 9th year of eligibility somehow.
I mean cool but he could have been the lead option as a freshman elsewhere. Next year he’s a 3rd year player

Advertisement
I mean cool but he could have been the lead option as a freshman elsewhere. Next year he’s a 3rd year player
Not really sure how to feel about that since he was never going to be Brock Bowers going in to a top 10 team and starting as a Freshman.

Mallory's snaps seem to be there for the taking this year but between Arroyo's alleged injury and what I've read regarding his blocking this year (below average) seems like just needs to get better blocking and continue to get bigger/stronger/faster and prepare for the lead role next season.

Advertisement
Still waiting to see this star player this board has made Arroyo to be. The backup is always better but I saw him whiff on a block and get blown up on short yardage situations just like Mallory does. We gotta stop hyping these players up before they do anything.

Arroyo is an absolutely terrible blocker, he's as bad or worse than Mallory and that's saying something. I'm hopeful Skinner will bulk up and become a decent blocker next year.

Advertisement
Back