If Arroyo Is Better Than Mallory Right Now?

Advertisement
Go to YouTube and search any offensive TD from last season especially Knighton’s highlight reel and you’ll see that Arroyo’s blocks sprung most of them. Key on Arroyo in any of last years highlight tapes.

There is no coincidence that Arroyo has began to block inconsistently and he is also upset over blocking being his primary usage. He has more than paid his dues blocking and shown he is reliable in that area. He wants to be rewarded with seam and downfield targets, and isn’t getting them.

Arroyo’s bad blocks are a two game trend. Saying they are both bad at blocking is a fallacy when Mallory has always been a horrible blocker and still receives the primary downfield target opportunities despite this. Arroyo hasn’t shown much because he hasn’t gotten the opportunity to. Saying they are both equally bad at TE is a false equivalency because one hasn’t received similar reps or usage.

The results would be night and day if Arroyo had received Mallory’s targets the last two seasons.
Not to mention the multiple drive killing penalties that Mallory produces pretty every game.

Very incorrect. Check the tape

Two instances just this last game he was blown up that I saw without keying on him. One was bad, lined up on the left end. Pretty much everyone had a bad game, but he's not a good blocker or even close man.

Advertisement
I figured receivers would hate Gattis' offense but i thought at least TEs would love it....... literally nobody likes it. Even running backs won't commit. I can't wait until this guy is fired.

Arroyo is an absolutely terrible blocker, he's as bad or worse than Mallory and that's saying something. I'm hopeful Skinner will bulk up and become a decent blocker next year.
No! You’re blind if you think he’s a terrible blocker! Everyone misses blocks even the best of Oline do! Especially in space. But I see him block well almost every time. He misses one block and now he’s a terrible blocker! Fuq outa here!

Advertisement
Good none. We've signed highly rated guys that have constantly underperformed. Jordan had success but still was hurt often and underutilized.

Brevin got many targets with the Canes. He was a very good TE for us. I don't believe any other school would have targeted him more than we did. The TE tradition is a proud one at Miami and almost all of our coaches have made TE an important part of the pass game. Brevin was only limited by his injuries at the college level.

Mallory has had a good # of targets this year. So far, he hasn't made the most of his opps. Had a much stronger finish to the season last yr. I'd still like to see the dog in him. He may be too "nice". I'd like to see him with Mike Singletary eyes & intensity laying people out on blocks, using his body more effectively to win contested catches & flat being more of a dawg out there.

I pray that Arroyo will get healthy & get more targets. What a fluid & dependable pass catcher he is & his average YPC is pretty high. He can absolutely supplement the WR in making explosive plays. I think Mallory & Arroyo should be splitting the targets 50/50 this year (especially in big games). I think he's the next great TE in the long list we've had here.

Go Canes!

From 247 this morning - DAvid Lake has an article about 5 ways Gattis can get the offense moving. One of them is changing up the primary receiving targets.

Through 4 games, Redding has the most targets with 22, catching 10 and credited with dropping 2 catchable passes.

Tight end Will Mallory is second on the team with 21 targets, catching 12 passes for 127 yards while dropping two catchable passes.

Redding and Mallory have combined to catch 1-of-7 contested catch targets.

Redding has the fifth worst reception percentage amongst Power Five pass catchers with at least 20 targets. Mallory has the fourth worst reception percentage amongst Power Five tight ends with at least 20 targets.

From 247 this morning - DAvid Lake has an article about 5 ways Gattis can get the offense moving. One of them is changing up the primary receiving targets.

Through 4 games, Redding has the most targets with 22, catching 10 and credited with dropping 2 catchable passes.

Tight end Will Mallory is second on the team with 21 targets, catching 12 passes for 127 yards while dropping two catchable passes.

Redding has the fifth worst reception percentage amongst Power Five pass catchers with at least 20 targets. Mallory has the fourth worst reception percentage amongst Power Five tight ends with at least 20 targets.
And we will continue to target Mallory because he is a likable hard worker lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Pretty F-ing Sad that David Lake is giving pointers to Broyles Gattis....

2 drops? Is that a per game number?

It took two games for Arroyo to become a “bad blocker”. Dudes couldn’t admit Mallory was a bad anything until they could also say Arroyo isn’t playing good 😂
giphy (6).gif

Stevie Wonder could see that Mallory was an awful blocker.

Advertisement
Will Mallory looks like he is in genuine pain with every step he takes lol he just lumbers out there
He really looks like the injuries have taken their toll and the rehab maybe wasn’t top notch. Cause remember this was a guy running 11 second 100m in high school if I remember correctly

Two instances just this last game he was blown up that I saw without keying on him. One was bad, lined up on the left end. Pretty much everyone had a bad game, but he's not a good blocker or even close man.
Those same two games where he had instances of bad blocking he graded out well…. As a blocker. But you’re keying in on the missed ones lol to each their own like I said I don’t try to change opinions the tape is on my side here

Advertisement
Back