If Arroyo Is Better Than Mallory Right Now?

Not really sure how to feel about that since he was never going to be Brock Bowers going in to a top 10 team and starting as a Freshman.

Mallory's snaps seem to be there for the taking this year but between Arroyo's alleged injury and what I've read regarding his blocking this year (below average) seems like just needs to get better blocking and continue to get bigger/stronger/faster and prepare for the lead role next season.
Maybe not Brock bowers.. but he could have went to texas. Sark wanted him. The way they use sanders is the way Elijah was used in HS

Advertisement
Arroyo and Skinner should take all of Mallory's snaps. Mallory should primarily be used as a a decoy whose only play is this

original
Ivey can teach him how to do it properly

Arroyo is an absolutely terrible blocker, he's as bad or worse than Mallory and that's saying something. I'm hopeful Skinner will bulk up and become a decent blocker next year.
That’s cool and I’m not in the business of changing opinions. But you can’t turn on the tape and say that. That’s just reality. Sure he loses reps. He’s not george kittle. But he’s a **** good blocker who shouldn’t be blocking anyway

Advertisement
Arroyo is an absolutely terrible blocker, he's as bad or worse than Mallory and that's saying something. I'm hopeful Skinner will bulk up and become a decent blocker next year.
Is be really? I don’t agree. And skinner is a receiver who is big. He won’t be a blocker here. Although our idiot coaches will put him at right tackle

Advertisement
It's criminal how we've used TE since Herndon. We keep signing guys and underutilized them. Honestly would understand him wanting to dip.
I was thinking about this recently. All that press about Gattis and TE friendly offense. He uses them as blockers. That’s their main role. At least so far- maybe that’s a function of Miami’s OL but still

It's criminal how we've used TE since Herndon. We keep signing guys and underutilized them. Honestly would understand him wanting to dip.
What TE's have been good here since 2017? Jordan? And he couldn't stay healthy.

They're both poor at blocking, but so far Arroyo gets less crap when as you say, he's not any better himself.

Both are being used incorrectly,

Advertisement
I don’t know how many more snaps you’ll see of Elijah with a U on his helmet tbh
Bruhhhh they don’t understand and won’t until he goes somewhere and is utilized properly. When Arroyo is targeted in the passing game, he has made plays.

Ppl talking about his blocking smh.

Arroyo should be used a passing catching TE who is seldomly asked to block. Not the other way around.

I wouldn't blame him for sliding elsewhere

Bruhhhh they don’t understand and won’t until he goes somewhere and is utilized properly. When Arroyo is targeted in the passing game, he has made plays.

Ppl talking about his blocking smh.

Arroyo should be used a passing catching TE who is seldomly asked to block. Not the other way around.

I wouldn't blame him for sliding elsewhere

Yeah let’s just telegraph run or pass every play based on personnel good call bro

Advertisement
Go to YouTube and search any offensive TD from last season especially Knighton’s highlight reel and you’ll see that Arroyo’s blocks sprung most of them. Key on Arroyo in any of last years highlight tapes.

There is no coincidence that Arroyo has began to block inconsistently and he is also upset over blocking being his primary usage. He has more than paid his dues blocking and shown he is reliable in that area. He wants to be rewarded with seam and downfield targets, and isn’t getting them.

Arroyo’s bad blocks are a two game trend. Saying they are both bad at blocking is a fallacy when Mallory has always been a horrible blocker and still receives the primary downfield target opportunities despite this. Arroyo hasn’t shown much because he hasn’t gotten the opportunity to. Saying they are both equally bad at TE is a false equivalency because one hasn’t received similar reps or usage.

The results would be night and day if Arroyo had received Mallory’s targets the last two seasons.

Go to YouTube and search any offensive TD from last season especially Knighton’s highlight reel and you’ll see that Arroyo’s blocks sprung most of them. Key on Arroyo in any of last years highlight tapes.

There is no coincidence that Arroyo has began to block inconsistently and he is also upset over blocking being his primary usage. He has more than paid his dues blocking and shown he is reliable in that area. He wants to be rewarded with seam and downfield targets, and isn’t getting them.

Arroyo’s bad blocks are a two game trend. Saying they are both bad at blocking is a fallacy when Mallory has always been a horrible blocker and still receives the primary downfield target opportunities despite this. Arroyo hasn’t shown much because he hasn’t gotten the opportunity to. Saying they are both equally bad at TE is a false equivalency because one hasn’t received similar reps or usage.

The results would be night and day if Arroyo had received Mallory’s targets the last two seasons.
Knocked it put the park. You have to feed the wolves.. he’s attacked his blocks everyday since he’s gotten on campus and hasn’t even gotta adequate looks

Advertisement
Back