Ice Harris

Advertisement
He just coached the two time state champion 3 times goin he's a 3 time champ himself plus coached the number 1 team in the country gtfoh not qualified his resume speaks for itself.

He's not qualified to coach in college because he doesn't have a Bachelor's Degree.
That's the reason he wasn't a coach under Shannon.

My bad but honestly some of those guys I've never heard of and berry was solid to pretty good here he had a couple seasons in the nfl and you know aj highsmith and lacy Rodgers are better then fsu safeties lmao but seriously he was a valued piece to our legacy to be he wasn't that good

Was a joke, I don't think the fact that he produced biological children correlates to their athletic success. The fact that he is a great coach and they are coaches sons (biological or not) and were raised for athletic excellence is a far better prognosticator of athletic success. Preston Wilson, Shamrocks etc were examples of coaches kids that had great success, dna be damned. Highsmith had the genes but he BLEW although he bled O&G so no hate.

Serious question you guys really think he would be worse then donofrio seriously

No idea. This has nothing to do with D'O.

We need someone qualified to run our defense, not a HS HC that may or may not know anything about defense.

Like I said, I have no problem with him being on the staff. You lose all credibility in the thread when you suggest he should be a DC. A guy like Barrow, who has been around the college game and knows more about defense then Ice, isn't qualified for that job.

Sweet jesus so that's an indictment on golden and no he's not innocent but you back a person into a corner either they fold or they push back and I for one understand what he did im not condoning it but im also not gonna crucify him either

Advertisement
I honestly think he could be a coordinator would step on toes but he's proven he's aggressive and cant be worse then the crap we watch now his upside is higher then the downside

What makes you think he could be a coordinator?

You have these quotes like it's from golden that's what you heard probably another rumor and who did we pick up that made us look better for pulling that. Plus why didn't he end up at fsu since he was a silent they got ****es and pulled his ship 2 y'all take what sounds rational but not facts and run with it show me proof and even if he was a silent to both its been well noted he wanted to come here

Well yes I heard that from a friend of mine who is very well connected to the staff, and also read it on a few other boards. You won't ever find an actual article on it, and the way it all played out makes perfect sense.

We obviously were never a legit choice for Matt Thomas since he really wanted to go to U$C and was pretty much almost forced to attend F$U after signing with them(but wanted out) and he was the one from BTW that we really wanted and cared about.

I doubt any of us lost any sleep over loosing Kirkland, it was MT that we were worried about.

So b/c our coaches heard about this situation and didn't want to get burned on NSD, and did what they did.

You think it was alright for Ice to go on the radio and bash our coaches and football program, pretty much trying to turn all of South FL against The University of Miami?

And some of you idiots actually think a person like that should be welcomed onto our football staff?

"The South FL homerism" is just a little too much and too retarded some times.

And to the person who thinks that b/c his team has won some state championships in HIGH SCHOOL that he can just jump into a coordinator position at a D1 school is F#cking laughable to say the least.

The guy hasnt done **** wrong

So slamming our program, staff & admin on local radio programs (and Lord knows where else) isn't doing us wrong? He couldn't have made a trip to the school or picked up the phone before putting us on blast? I'm not even taking up for AG here.. Dude has made some terrible decisions but let's not act like "Ice" is innocent here.

You guys are soft man. The guy was ****ed just like any of you would have been if they would did one of your players like that ouy of the blue. And since when is telling the truth slamming somebody. There is a lot of people slamming this staff, admin etc. Yo guys on this board has been doing since louisville push their **** in.

Advertisement
Kirkland was never a silent to fsu. I know for a fact ice doesnt tell his players not to go to miami. The guy hasnt done **** wrong and yall always running your mouth. Thomas was never coming here and ice jr and thomas mom had to convince him to even talk to miami. Kirkland wad going to be a cane golden ****ed it up not ice. Just like he ****ed it up with travis rudolph.

Nobody cares about loosing Kirkland if he was never bringing Matt Thomas along, that is why our coaches took that risk, we really didn't care about landing just Kirkland

Im still waiting on your answer to how he's not qualified go look at his teams games you have your opinion I cannot throw that away but I truly believe what I see with my eyes and what he has produced hes gonna be a great coordinator somewhere soon. And because he is a great teacher and has a fluid disciplined philosophy and players respect him and I think his x and o's are great

Last edited:
Im still waiting on your answer to how he's not qualified go look at his teams games you have your opinion I cannot throw that away but I truly believe whst I see with myeyes and what he has produced hes gonna be a great coordinator somewhere soon

You're waiting for someone to prove a negative? Listen, we want discussion on this board. Personally, I want as many divergent opinions as possible. But, you're getting close to trolling status. I've seen their games with my own eyes as well. Standing alone, I don't believe it's sufficient evidence that he'd be a capable college coordinator. If you want to offer something beyond that, by all means.

Harris is never going to come in here and be a coordinator right out of HS. Position coach would be the likeliest option. Even Randy, his buddy, never even had Ice as a position coach, much less a coordinator, so Im not sure why everyone is annointing him this great coordinator in waiting.

BTW has great talent to work with. And that didnt just happen miraculously. Does anything think its a coincidence, knowing how So Fla football works, that BTW got that much better, as MNW sunk talent wise? I dont mean just coaching either, Im talking about the calibur of the athletes. There is a lot of school switching and recruiting that goes on in HS football in So Fla, and its clear that BTW, and Central, have had a boost, at the expense of schools like MNW in the last few years.

Ice Harris is a great HS coach, but the thought that he could just step in and be a college coordinator at a big Division 1 program right out of the blue is a major stretch.

Advertisement
You guys are soft man.

Charmin soft eh? I'm just saying "don't bite the hand that feeds you" applies here. He'll probably go on to take a job at USF/FSU, do really well & there will be 100 more threads like this. With Donna in charge, it's not happening.

I did hes a guard a mauler freshman all American gtfoh were that good to turn away players man shut up

Kirkland was never a silent to fsu. I know for a fact ice doesnt tell his players not to go to miami. The guy hasnt done **** wrong and yall always running your mouth. Thomas was never coming here and ice jr and thomas mom had to convince him to even talk to miami. Kirkland wad going to be a cane golden ****ed it up not ice. Just like he ****ed it up with travis rudolph.

Nobody cares about loosing Kirkland if he was never bringing Matt Thomas along, that is why our coaches took that risk, we really didn't care about landing just Kirkland

Kirkland is better than knighton,gall and sonny.

Advertisement
I wouldn't object to him being brought in to coach DBs or something like that but remember we already had the dream Miami staff under Randy. Ice was apart of the program then. We were supposed to get everyone in South Florida. It didn't really lead us to any great recruiting success.

My bad but honestly some of those guys I've never heard of and berry was solid to pretty good here he had a couple seasons in the nfl and you know aj highsmith and lacy Rodgers are better then fsu safeties lmao but seriously he was a valued piece to our legacy to be he wasn't that good

I may have to buy the super deluxe CIS decoder ring for this. But, it would be cheaper for me if you just used some punctuation.

My bad since im a troll I thought my points were valid but I believe hes a great coach and would be worth the risk but to each own

Advertisement
Back