Ice Harris & Butch...Not Ready for Hillary

'merica desperately needs a shift to the right both socially and economically. **** is getting ridiculous.

If reality serves me correctly, we are far better off economically than we were when the "right" policies had the country in a depression! Hate Obama, but let's not shift "right" again and lose jobs, homes and bail out banks.

Without getting into blame and politics, personally I loved the stock market collapse(I was all cash and made serious $$$$ during the chaos), and can't wait for the next one(Been all cash for a long time hoping for it). We have not had a real economy since about '88, just bailouts, bubbles, and ever increasing debt at all levels.

Last two years of just about every two-term president have been bad economically, usually a recession. We don't usually know about it until the very end or the beginning of the next president -- president controls a lot of numbers. Clinton was the master of making figures lie (ever notice how inflation disappeared for his 8 years--changed basket that is used to measure it), and Bush was good at it too, but mostly just continued using Bill's. Obama has also done masterful job -- note Labor department's change in methodology for unemployment numbers prior to 2012 election and convenient drop in unemployment number shortly thereafter.

Anyway, small tip for Cane fans, when the Fed's latest stock bubble blow's up watch for stocks like Met Life as they fall. Life insurance companies has historical best survival chances in depression and bounce back nice after stock crashes(by definition they are cash cows and cash is king in bad times). Remember, LIFE INSURANCE not property and casualty companies. If you time your entry for somewhere around the scariest moment of the next collapse, there will be big money to be made again.

Advertisement
It a current coach and a former head coach showing up on national tv in a political setting. You can't even come correct with your complaints. Relax, guy. When Donna and Hillary share a burrito at your local Chipotle please feel free to come here and gush about it.

Classy as always, Tad.

I don't think either Ice or Butch "showed up on national TV in a political setting" They weren't giving a speech. They aren't running for office. They were spotted sitting at a local political event by a Herald reporter who tweeted a pic.

But this thread has gone beyond that, as I'm sure you know. This ain't about them being seen at the event. It's a political ****ing match. Which is why it should be somewhere else.

Actually the only reason I posted it was because Ice was one of the first people to congratulate Rubio post speech- something I noticed as it was broadcast on CNN. I posted the Tweet because it mentioned Butch too. Not to mention that Rubio also has an affiliation to our esteemed university. If you have a problem with any matters that were broached later in the thread then that's on you.

Right. With a thread title of "...not ready for Hillary", your only goal was to inform people that you saw a couple coaches at a political event. It wasn't to incite judgement on the left...despite the fact that your favorite derogatory tagline these days for anyone on the left ifs"ready for Hillary."

Do you really believe the **** you post?

Would I really need Butch or Ice to incite judgment on the left? You're too sensitive. If Ferne Labati shows up at an Elizabeth Warren event then I encourage you to inform us as well.

Not sensitive at all. I'm just calling you out on your BS. It's pretty disingenuous to start a thread that was obviously meant to stir up partisanship and then shy away from it when you get called on it by saying something like "well, I was just posting because I saw them on TV at a political event." Be a man and admit that it was your intent to stir **** up.

Which brings me back to my overall point. Seeing as how the WEZ specializes in stuff like political antagonism and stirring stuff up, it'd be nice if folks would use that board and keep the political antagonism off this board. I regularly engage in that stuff over there, so this ain't about sensitivity, it's about knowing the place for it and keeping at least one UM sports forum free of the political BS.

Classy as always, Tad.

I don't think either Ice or Butch "showed up on national TV in a political setting" They weren't giving a speech. They aren't running for office. They were spotted sitting at a local political event by a Herald reporter who tweeted a pic.

But this thread has gone beyond that, as I'm sure you know. This ain't about them being seen at the event. It's a political ****ing match. Which is why it should be somewhere else.

Actually the only reason I posted it was because Ice was one of the first people to congratulate Rubio post speech- something I noticed as it was broadcast on CNN. I posted the Tweet because it mentioned Butch too. Not to mention that Rubio also has an affiliation to our esteemed university. If you have a problem with any matters that were broached later in the thread then that's on you.

Right. With a thread title of "...not ready for Hillary", your only goal was to inform people that you saw a couple coaches at a political event. It wasn't to incite judgement on the left...despite the fact that your favorite derogatory tagline these days for anyone on the left ifs"ready for Hillary."

Would I really need Butch or Ice to incite judgment on the left? You're too sensitive. If Ferne Labati shows up at an Elizabeth Warren event then I encourage you to inform us as well.

Not sensitive at all. I'm just calling you out on your BS. It's pretty disingenuous to start a thread that was obviously meant to stir up partisanship and then shy away from it when you get called on it by saying something like "well, I was just posting because I saw them on TV at a political event." Be a man and admit that it was your intent to stir **** up.

Which brings me back to my overall point. Seeing as how the WEZ specializes in stuff like political antagonism and stirring stuff up, it'd be nice if folks would use that board and keep the political antagonism off this board. I regularly engage in that stuff over there, so this ain't about sensitivity, it's about knowing the place for it and keeping at least one UM sports forum free of the political BS.

My God. Get the sand out of your lady parts, kid. "Wahhhh! He took a jab at Hillary in mentioning that Butch and Ice were at a political event that Donna wouldn't like! Get it off the board!".

This really is getting tiresome and it shouldn't bother you enough that you keep reading and coming back to the thread. Let's establish a couple of things. I really don't care if you think I had some ulterior motive here. Do you see me engaged in real political debate around here outside of the realm of Donna and our admin? A jab at Hillary is a jab at Donna- someone that is definitely appropriate talk for this board. On top of that, the post involved Butch- the patron saint of this board. If Butch is spotted at an IHOP from Palm Beach on south there is a large segment of people around here that call that huge news.

I really don't care about most people's politics around here outside of those ideologies having a direct effect on the school and the athletic programs. I really would have no motivation to just stir the pot or fan the partisan flames that have offended you as I really don't come here to engage in general political talk. Boo effing hoo if I mentioned that a former head coach and current coach went to an event that's pretty much directly contrary to the namesake of Donna's new employer and I made an almost innocuous reference to her in the title. Get over it as you'll get plenty of university sponsored slurpage of Shalala as the Farewell Tour commences over the next few months.

Last edited:
So if it's tweeted, its confirmed as truth...right? #Maybe

cc0a986d4857453b07b3dec4605177c0.jpg

Making some valid points -- but you've failed at proving that you didn't post it for the sake of venting your argument.

My God. Get the sand out of your lady parts, kid. "Wahhhh! He took a jab at Hillary in mentioning that Butch and Ice were at a political event that Donna wouldn't like! Get it off the board!".

This really is getting tiresome and it shouldn't bother you enough that you keep reading and coming back to the thread. Let's establish a couple of things. I really don't care if you think I had some ulterior motive here. Do you see me engaged in real political debate around here outside of the realm of Donna and our admin? A jab at Hillary is a jab at Donna- someone that is definitely appropriate talk for this board. On top of that, the post involved Butch- the patron saint of this board. If Butch is spotted at an IHOP from Palm Beach on south there is a large segment of people around here that call that huge news.

I really don't care about most people's politics around here outside of those ideologies having a direct effect on the school and the athletic programs. I really would have no motivation to just stir the pot or fan the partisan flames that have offended you as I really don't come here to engage in general political talk. Boo effing hoo if I mentioned that a former head coach and current coach went to an event that's pretty much directly contrary to the namesake of Donna's new employer and I made an almost innocuous reference to her in the title. Get over it as you'll get plenty of university sponsored slurpage of Shalala as the Farewell Tour commences over the next few months.

Advertisement
Making some valid points -- but you've failed at proving that you didn't post it for the sake of venting your argument.

If the "larger argument" is taking a minuscule shot at Donna vis-a-vis Hillary then guilty as charged. I didn't even say I'm a Rubio supporter.

Classy as always, Tad.

Says the guy who supports the most divisive president in history...

Says the guy who supports the most divisive president in history...

IMO, all university presidents are virtually interchangeable, regardless of their politics.

My "support" for her has nothing to do with her politics; I don't care if you're an R or D as long as you do the job well, and IMO she did.

Her "divisiveness" derives from the fact that Rs and Libertarians hate her guts and hold her personally responsible for the failures of the football team. Which seems to be a problem for Rs and Libertarians more than for the general public and the university community at large.

If I misread what you mean by "president" and you're talking about Obama rather than Shalala, I'll just say that I'm not a huge fan and leave it at that.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You will never get the politics out of the NCAA. They go hand in hand.

As I said in the other thread, I eagerly await your summary of how politics relates to college sports. Do football programs under R presidents win more than those under D presidents?

Last edited:

As I said in the other thread, I eagerly await your summary of how politics relates to college sports. Do football programs under R presidents win more than those under D presidents?

Do your own research . Are you that new to the internet that someone else has to do your research for you.

Stop being an obtuse cumquat. Everyone here knows that your capacity for deduction and reason is hampered. Stop displaying it so grossly across the boards.

You're probably one of those yanks that won't admit Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican.

Do your own research . Are you that new to the internet that someone else has to do your research for you.

Stop being an obtuse cumquat. Everyone here knows that your capacity for deduction and reason is hampered. Stop displaying it so grossly across the boards.

You're probably one of those yanks that won't admit Martin Luther King Jr. was a Republican.

Talk about lacking a capacity for reason...you're the one making baseless claims and trying to pass them off as fact. All I'm asking is for you to back up your claims. Obviously you can't, so why not admit it and move on instead of continuing to display this stupidity.

Advertisement
Google has all the answers you need .You are baseless. Your exhibition of hubric ignorance has siphoned IQ points from the everyone that frequents CiS.

Some are a pox on the Cane community. Their mothers weep daily at the embarrassment that sprung from their loins. Father probably lost himself in a bottle out of the shame that his daughter has become on the family name. Your boyfriend left you for a fat girl even though you allowed him to run rampant through your duodenum.

Grab some wadded up newspaper to stem your menorrhea. Everyone here knows what you are bomb jr. You will end up with him soon enough I suppose.

Google has all the answers you need .You are baseless. Your exhibition of hubric ignorance has siphoned IQ points from the everyone that frequents CiS.

Some are a pox on the Cane community. Their mothers weep daily at the embarrassment that sprung from their loins. Father probably lost himself in a bottle out of the shame that his daughter has become on the family name. Your boyfriend left you for a fat girl even though you allowed him to run rampant through your duodenum.

Grab some wadded up newspaper to stem your menorrhea. Everyone here knows what you are bomb jr. You will end up with him soon enough I suppose.

reported.

When you can't back up your claims, just resort to insults. It's very reasonable.

Last edited:

Talk about lacking a capacity for reason...you're the one making baseless claims and trying to pass them off as fact. All I'm asking is for you to back up your claims. Obviously you can't, so why not admit it and move on instead of continuing to display this stupidity.

Reported.

Advertisement

Reported.

Cool...it'll be on record that you started the insults, then.

Reported.

Cool...it'll be on record that you started the insults, then.

You insult everyone here every time you open your mouth. Get over yourself sweet ****.

Advertisement
Back