I tried telling y'all that Manny is that coach

Advertisement
This year has been a step forward bc we haven’t lost to anyone that is worse than us. But we still haven’t beaten anybody that’s better. I know bc of scheduling we can’t control that until the bowl game. But the jury is still out.

Reality is, Manny is one year behind schedule where we'd have hoped he would be by now. He's done everything in 2020 that I would have liked to have seen him accomplish in 2019: change the culture disease; bring in new talent; upgrade the staff; instill a winning mentality. Instead, 2019 was a disaster and the changes weren't implemented until 2020.

Manny's failure was allowing Year 1 to spiral out of control which made him appear clueless and incompetent. Hard to change people's initial perception of you once you've been labeled.

Not a deal breaker, but now he must do in Year 3 what he should have been in position to do this year: complete the staff upgrades; infuse more talent; and show the CFB world that we can at least compete with the Clemsons of the world and not get slaughtered.

That said, what has saved him has been his willingness to be humble and make painful changes. If he can upgrade the D staff with a strong DC and just keep doing what he's done this season so far (recruiting and winning), then he can prove to everyone next year that he is legit as a HC. But he must know that all eyes will be on him next season to see if 2020 was a lucky fluke or something we can expect each year. He's got to show that we will win consistently year after year before he is anointed a top CFB HC.

Advertisement
Manny's ability to address program needs quickly, effectively, and without bias is unmatched. In his second year as a head coach, El Jefe is showing you why he is the real deal.

I tried telling you last year!
Ray Liotta Lol GIF

Advertisement
manny is not an alpha

never will be

there is no timetable he is ever going to meet

his ceiling is low. BS can only take you so far in the world of quality coaches and quality players

unsound philosophy
unsound schematics
unsound fundamentals

Advertisement
Manny's ability to address program needs quickly, effectively, and without bias is unmatched. In his second year as a head coach, El Jefe is showing you why he is the real deal.

I tried telling you last year!
hahaha

Advertisement
We haven't beaten any good teams fam im happy about record but until we are competing with ND and Clemson we are just one of the teams.
I admit that I am no longer happy about the record.

Advertisement
Back