I tried telling y'all that Manny is that coach

Advertisement
Manny is a great salesman that has filled obvious holes, that does not make him a great coach, winning big games makes you a great coach. I applaud the guy for getting the best available transfer kids to come here and I like the new recruiting class and last year's class but until that turns into W's against the top 10 teams then it is nice but we are waiting for the ***-kickings from us to begin. We saw one last night, now change the name of our opponent to someone sniffing the top 20 and then we will pray at your altar.

Advertisement
Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet, but he has made very good strides in Year 2. Let's see how he:
  1. Finishes up the season
  2. Fares in a NY6 bowl
  3. Closes out the class of 2021 with portal additions
  4. Upgrades the staff (Defense!!) this offseason
  5. Carries this momentum into 2021 (we need consecutive 10-win seasons)
More than happy to bump this later if warranted.

Manny is going to bridge the gap between UM and Clemson within the next two recruiting cycles. We will have the talent to go ahead up with them yearly. Zero doubt in my mind he will also have upgraded the staff also. Keep in mind he's a second year head coach. Alot of you put your comparison of Manny against the top programs coaches but don't never mention the coaches at these schools have decades more head coaching experience. For some reason you leave that out.

Hate him or love him he's a **** good young coach. Big schools will be coming after him soon but he's a Miami guy he ain't going anywhere.

This, this, and this and this again. We have outperformed them in every head to head outside of Clemson and that game has a huge asterisk next to it.
we would beat ND this year. Or at least it’s a 50/50 game. Don’t let the media fool

Advertisement
we would beat ND this year. Or at least it’s a 50/50 game. Don’t let the media fool you
The media isn't fooling me but if you take your shades off you will see we haven't beaten any teams worth mentioning in last 2 years. I hope Manny is Jimmy Johnson 2.0 just like everyone else. I'm just not going to crown him after blowing out 2-7 Duke. If we had taken advantage of opportunity against Clemson then we could settle ND debate noone to blame for that.

You can see the growth from Manny. I know people say we haven’t won any big games against big opponents, but we went from 6-7 to 8-1 so far in a year. He put together a great recruiting class last year, and this years looks even better. If we keep beating the teams we are supposed to, it’ll attract the talent to compete with the top teams. If Manny can keep us on the trajectory we are on so far, I have no doubt he can become a great coach. The hunger is there for him, you can see it

Manny is going to bridge the gap between UM and Clemson within the next two recruiting cycles. We will have the talent to go ahead up with them yearly. Zero doubt in my mind he will also have upgraded the staff also. Keep in mind he's a second year head coach. Alot of you put your comparison of Manny against the top programs coaches but don't never mention the coaches at these schools have decades more head coaching experience. For some reason you leave that out.

Hate him or love him he's a **** good young coach. Big schools will be coming after him soon but he's a Miami guy he ain't going anywhere.

UM since the 80's has been a stepping stone for successful coaches to get into the league, not another college program.

The media isn't fooling me but if you take your shades off you will see we haven't beaten any teams worth mentioning in last 2 years. I hope Manny is Jimmy Johnson 2.0 just like everyone else. I'm just not going to crown him after blowing out 2-7 Duke. If we had taken advantage of opportunity against Clemson then we could settle ND debate noone to blame for that.

we beat a top 25 Virginia team last year. In 2017 we whooped that same ND ranked #3 at the time and also beat a good VT that year.

if you took a look a Miami and ND common opponents this year outside Clemson, we did better in almost every one.

Advertisement
Manny's ability to address program needs quickly, effectively, and without bias is unmatched. In his second year as a head coach, El Jefe is showing you why he is the real deal.

I tried telling you last year!
Not being disagreeable, but for every "good decision/program change" there is an offset of "very bad".

I suppose time will tell. We all obviously want Manuela to succeed as HC, just many are still nowhere near convinced.

We haven't beaten any good teams fam im happy about record but until we are competing with ND and Clemson we are just one of the teams.
Gotta start somewhere. **** we wasn’t beating the Duke of the world.

I didn’t see us having only 1 L right now.

Ok not saying your wrong but who have we beaten to say that Manny can coach and he not a good GM?

Even beating NC to me is not any great achievement. NC is a 25 -35 team.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manny is a great salesman that has filled obvious holes, that does not make him a great coach, winning big games makes you a great coach. I applaud the guy for getting the best available transfer kids to come here and I like the new recruiting class and last year's class but until that turns into W's against the top 10 teams then it is nice but we are waiting for the ***-kickings from us to begin. We saw one last night, now change the name of our opponent to someone sniffing the top 20 and then we will pray at your altar.

Baby steps and progress...we were never competing for a Natty a year after losing to FIu, a team full of quitters and enos wet play sheet

I tried telling y'all and you hated on CMD anyways.
C'mon man, his most impressive wins this year are against historically horrible FSU and a 2-win Duke team. He's made strides as a HC since last years cluster****, and deserves all the credit in the world for having us 8-1 right now. I was happy as **** last night watching the game, go check my **** posts in the game thread. But maybe pump the brakes on thumping your chest for Manny over beating a really bad Duke team.

Outside of the mopiest of mopes, we all want Manny to succeed, but beating Duke doesn't make him "that coach". Let's see how he we finish out the year. He's atoned for losing to Duke last year and has the chance to do the same for losing to GT in a couple of weeks, but that FIU loss is gonna require a bit more. Maybe a win over a legit opponent in a NY6 bowl?

I'm pulling for him, but the jury's still out.

we beat a top 25 Virginia team last year. In 2017 we whooped that same ND ranked #3 at the time and also beat a good VT that year.

if you took a look a Miami and ND common opponents this year outside Clemson, we did better in almost every one.
Only exception was Pitt. We did better in every other game.

We haven't beaten any good teams fam im happy about record but until we are competing with ND and Clemson we are just one of the teams.
Correct, we're not going toe-to-toe with the elite of the College football world in Year 2. Fly the banners(!)

Advertisement
Back