I think we steamroll VT by 20+

Two reasons why:

1) Kings performance last Friday is the type that rallies the whole team. That night, you saw our team come from behind on the road on the backs of the offense and I feel like you will now see the offense take it to the next level for the remaining few games

2) Our defense has been getting criticized all year but Friday was the loudest - you just know they will come out with a point to prove and shut everyone up. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Manny calls the plays for a half.

Miami rolls and it won’t be close. We’re not losing to a QB named Hooker - our defense will have a threesome with the Hooker - Phillips and Roche on either side.
Put money on it.

Advertisement
Virginia Tech should be a team the Canes gets up to play. Ed Reed needs to have his foot firmly in their *** this week.

I think Miami plays well and wins in a close game.

College football is funny, everyone expects a high scoring game, so who knows what will actually happen, but VT is going to get their yards.

Before anyone starts with the, "but Liberty" analysis, believe it or not, Liberty has a few players on defense, at least one LB and a CB that would start here.

Let's just get the win.

They haven't played yet!
baby what GIF

Advertisement
I guess you are forgetting our first 3Q's. Our offense won't play like that every game. We get steam rolled if they play average.
I'm not forgetting the first three quarters. I'm naively placing all the blame at the feet of Baker

Otherwise we're ****ed.

Two reasons why:

1) Kings performance last Friday is the type that rallies the whole team. That night, you saw our team come from behind on the road on the backs of the offense and I feel like you will now see the offense take it to the next level for the remaining few games

2) Our defense has been getting criticized all year but Friday was the loudest - you just know they will come out with a point to prove and shut everyone up. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Manny calls the plays for a half.

Miami rolls and it won’t be close. We’re not losing to a QB named Hooker - our defense will have a threesome with the Hooker - Phillips and Roche on either side.
giphy.gif

Two reasons why:

Jesus and I got banned for a pretty decent joke? This place smells like the bottom of my garbage can

Advertisement
Don’t forget Williams had a helluva Friday night

Attachments

• B5349E28-98B0-43F0-BAD5-25F40D32BF8B.gif
    B5349E28-98B0-43F0-BAD5-25F40D32BF8B.gif
    495.8 KB · Views: 0
Two reasons why:

OP on game night.... Darius
1605117527119.gif

Despite my brain telling me I'm wrong, my gut says that the defense turned a corner in the 4th quarter against NC St. The talent is there, the issue was the effort. It's something a coach can't teach- the players have to realize on their own that they have an extra gear

Most of us know what that feels like- if you've ever run a race and felt your lungs burning, legs like they are filled lead weights, and heart pounding like it is going to explode; in the back of your mind you think you are giving all you've got. But then you see the finish line- you feel that surge of adrenaline kick you in the chest, you can't hear anything but white noise and and the sound of the blood vessels pulsing in your ears, and have a burst of speed for the precious last few seconds of the race. Where did that last bit of energy come from? It's not so much that you were holding back- it's just that your mind was telling your body that you couldn't give any more. Then when the end of the race came into view and you knew that the faster you finished, the sooner the agony would be over, your mind told your body to push past the limit. There is truth to the saying "mind over matter."

I'm sure the players felt they were playing as hard as they could. But when the game was on the line, they found that extra motivation. The question is whether they can give that effort from the first snap of the game to the end. Now that they've realized their limit wasn't really their limit, I think we will see a much more motivated and effective defense.

Advertisement
It is not out of the realm of possibility to steamroll.

Last time in Blacksburg Cam was able to run all over them and we pretty much won very comfortably.

I am not expecting us to do that again this season but it would not surprise me. We are the better team but our defense has to play much better.

Shootouts for the rest of the season. Get ready for them. This D is a toilet, and Vag Tech is a very good offense and exactly the type of offense that gives us the most trouble. Tons of misdirection to take advantage of our lack of eye discipline and lack of discipline in general. Hooker's a very efficient passer and a strong runner. If Herbert plays, he will be a problem too.

49-42 UM.

Advertisement
Shootouts for the rest of the season. Get ready for them. This D is a toilet, and Vag Tech is a very good offense and exactly the type of offense that gives us the most trouble. Tons of misdirection to take advantage of our lack of eye discipline and lack of discipline in general. Hooker's a very efficient passer and a strong runner. If Herbert plays, he will be a problem too.

49-42 UM.
Yep, will likely have to score 35+ for the remainder of the season in order to win.

One possible positive is I believe VT best RB left their game last week with a hamstring injury.

Advertisement
Back