I still can't get over the hire of Patke

How can he hire an IC with Dugans and Brown Co OCs? They’d bail in a heartbeat IMHO. But, gotta pay a price somewhere. Patke was our ST slot😡

Advertisement
What an absolute waste of an opportunity that was and a complete indictment of Richt.

Because we really needed (in order of priority) a...

1. Competent OC,

2. Special Teams Coach, or

3. Competent QB Coach

Or....

1. Patke didn't need to be an actual coach

2. Patke isn't good enough to be on the staff.

3. Patke now has less time to make drinks.

---------------------------

I don't know where you're going with this OP. Please help.

Advertisement
Mark Richt was hired to fund raise, not win games. Same reason he was retained at UGA so long.

I don't know if I believe that but it feels good to let the hate out.

It’s not just paying for a staff it’s paying for the players.

Do people really believe we can compete paying for a staff and players with the top schools?

It’s not just paying for a staff it’s paying for the players.

Do people really believe we can compete paying for a staff and players with the top schools?

If Miami isn’t making a lot of money, then it’s grossly mismanaged. Miami has one of the biggest and most bankable brands in college football.

The fact that the admin doesn’t want to reinvest in to the program is a totally separate issue

Advertisement
I don’t get why some of our “fans” continue to go to bat for our cheapskate admin, instead of holding them accountable, when they try to cut corners.

Miami admin has been cutting corners and cheaping out for a generation....and some “fans” encourage it

Crazy thing? It's LIGHTYEARS better than it's been in the past. Just count your blessings. This administration cared very, very little about football in the late 2000's early 2010s. They really felt that this was 1985 and Miami could compete just because of location and the athletes surrounding us. Why do you think we're so far behind?

The straw that broke the camel's back was the shellacking by Clemson. It finally opened people's eyes. But there's a 0.0% chance Richt would have been hired when Golden was hired (assuming he was available, of course). The university was just nowhere near as committed to the program as it is now. And I'm sorry to break it to people who choose to live with their heads in the sand, but it's still nowhere near the top 20ish programs in the country are. Not even close.

The ole mom and pop bullchit. Love seeing it daily.

Exactly. Only a UM schill or someone who knows absolutely nothing about business would spit out such bull****.

Miami has one of the biggest and most bankable brands in college football. And we’re located in the heart of one of the biggest sports markets in the country.

These people confuse not having money with not spending money

Advertisement
The Patke hire seems to be working out just fine... we are the #1 defense in the country.

Cool one person. Now only if we can get an elite staff .

It's not one person. Here's someone you probably do know...Marcus Lemonis. He has the TV show the Profit. He owns Camping World. The name of the stadium where we'll be playing the Gators next year. Jon Vilma isn't on that level but he's a BOT. These are some the people on the BOT now. They all actually give AF what happens with football. This isn't Donna's school anymore focused on a failing healthcare program. Money for football is not an issue. A few million dollars to them is like a few hundred to the average person. They have taken leadership roles with the university to right the ship. They are ****ed like we are.

It's not one person. Here's someone you probably do know...Marcus Lemonis. He has the TV show the Profit. He owns Camping World. The name of the stadium where we'll be playing the Gators next year. Jon Vilma isn't on that level but he's a BOT. These are some the people on the BOT now. They all actually give AF what happens with football. This isn't Donna's school anymore focused on a failing healthcare program. Money for football is not an issue. A few million dollars to them is like a few hundred to the average person. They have taken leadership roles with the university to right the ship. They are ****ed like we are.

How much has he donated can you send me a link?

Advertisement

You have one of the most recognizable national brands in the sport, and you’re the only major college football program on the east coast located in a major sports market.

Like i said, if Miami isn’t making a lot of money, then we have idiots running the board of trustees.

But I believe we’re making a lot more than what they let on. They just want to skim the cream instead of reinvesting earnings in to the program

You have one of the most recognizable national brands in the sport, and you’re the only major college football program on the east coast located in a major sports market.

Like i said, if Miami isn’t making a lot of money, then we have idiots running the board of trustees.

But I believe we’re making a lot more than what they let on. They just want to skim the cream instead of reinvesting earnings in to the program

Where was Miami in the Top 25 just curious?

How much has he donated can you send me a link?
He matched dollar for dollar for those that donated through his link. You can google it. I know it's somewhere 7 figures. Not sure if it hit 2mil which was the goal if I remember correctly. This was just for the IPF mind you.

Seems like a worthless hire.

Ohio State and Alabama hired young up and coming defensive coordinators to be position coaches...

Miami hired Patke.

Advertisement
Back